The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals MVP Dahntay Jones with lockdown defense on Barnes from the bench.. :pimp:

giphy.gif

The keys to Game 7:

1) Can Steph Curry's mediocre defense disrupt the hot Kyrie Irving?

2) Will Lebron James continually attack the paint and get guys like Igoudala, Barnes, and Green in foul trouble

3) Will the Warriors rely way too much on the long ball and forget about attacking the paint against a Cavs interior defense that has no shot blocking presence?

4) Warriors' must constantly use pick and roll in order to get Cavs defenders out of position and ignite more ball movement

5) Kevin Love needs a 20-10 type of game, just in case other role players for the Cavs fail to step up

6) MVPs play like MVPs in elimination games. Curry or James?

7) What starting lineup will Steve Kerr come up with?

I want the Cavs just because of how may times we say in sports 'It will NEVER happen', and it would be nice to knock one of those 'nevers' off the list.

"No one EVER comes back for 1-3 to win a series."

Except... the 2016 NBA Finals. 
laugh.gif

But I don't see it.

Dubs Dubs.

(SWIDT?)

^bruh rfg was right and I'm hating it
mad.gif
He sure was man.

I need to rewatch that vid, see what kind of knowledge he dropped about the hows, the whys, the suspensions, the injuries....

You know, he didn't just say Cavs would win, he said this this this and that would happen first, then Cavs win
sick.gif

Don't know how, but that dude keeps on being WAY right if he's "guessing" a bunch of fallacies

Last edited:
Its game 7, the refs will let both teams play. Dahntay Jones needs to stick his leg out just enough for Curry or Thompson's to land on it. :nerd:

^bruh rfg was right and I'm hating it
mad.gif
He sure was man.

I need to rewatch that vid, see what kind of knowledge he dropped about the hows, the whys, the suspensions, the injuries....

You know, he didn't just say Cavs would win, he said this this this and that would happen first, then Cavs win
sick.gif

Don't know how, but that dude keeps on being WAY right if he's "guessing" a bunch of fallacies
He said there would be word that Steph was "hurt" and nobody would put there money on GSW to get the win and then they'd lose their money.(Portland series in which he first blew up the knee, and then came back and won)

How the hell did he know this?

He had GSW beating Spurs in 6 though not Thunder in 7 but damn, he was on point with the injury in the previous Series....

"When Lebron got his 2nd ring, Obama got his second term, when Lebron gets his 3rd ring, Obama will get his 3rd term"

Man if Obama gets a third term on Martial Law
sick.gif

Last edited:
Exactly.

I'll let Iggy and his bad-back-can't-get-no-lift take wide open 3s all day. It ain't like he gonna explode for 30 and knock down 8 of 'em. Same with Harrison Barnes, who'll be too busy and too tired tryin' to chase Lebron now that Iggy is all banged up.

What happened all year and during the previous rounds in the playoffs don't mean anything. Heck, what happened in Game 6 don't mean nothin' either.

But right now, momentum is wearing a Cavalier's jersey.

Advantage: Lebron

How you gonna say what happened before doesn't matter and then say momentum is wearing a Cavs jersey? If it doesn't matter there is no momentum.

Every shot Curry has thrown up the last couple of games have been contested.There doubling him,and it's always someone on him hard.The cut the head off the monster.So it puts more pressure on Klay,Dray,Barnes,Dala to make more baskets than usual.Yea some shots are open,but Curry isn't getting wide open shots.Even on there open shots.The CAVS are chasing them around to where they can't square up properly.The open shots there getting,aren't there usual comfortable shots.They can't get in there rhythm.If Curry and Klay knock down there shots.Theyll move the ball around to others,to get there shots off.The problem for them,is the way how the CAVS are defending Curry.

its as if you have no idea youre talking about klay and steph, who've made their names off having the fastest release time, and highlight reels where they prefer to shoot in someones face without squaring up or even facing the basket. are u new? klay and steph dont care about having a hand in their face. theyre known for hitting those. and u talking bout "chasing" someone who is open doesnt matter. if im pulling up and my defender is chasing me, its already too late. face it, warriors are missing shots theyve been hitting for the past 2 years

Point blank. Someone gets it.

Last edited:
We need to get our money on the Cavs before it's too late...checking the odds now...

Cavs +150, so $2800 gets me $4200, hmmm, very intriguing 

Last edited:
He said there would be word that Steph was "hurt" and nobody would put there money on GSW to get the win and then they'd lose their money.(Portland series in which he first blew up the knee, and then came back and won)
How the hell did he know this?

He had GSW beating Spurs in 6 though not Thunder in 7 but damn, he was on point with the injury in the previous Series....

"When Lebron got his 2nd ring, Obama got his second term, when Lebron gets his 3rd ring, Obama will get his 3rd term"

Man if Obama gets a third term on Martial Law:x

I saw that he was wrong about Warriors beating Spurs in 6 but everything else lines up. I'm still hoping he's wrong for obvious reasons but IMO the series is blatantly being manipulated

Exactly.

I'll let Iggy and his bad-back-can't-get-no-lift take wide open 3s all day. It ain't like he gonna explode for 30 and knock down 8 of 'em. Same with Harrison Barnes, who'll be too busy and too tired tryin' to chase Lebron now that Iggy is all banged up.

What happened all year and during the previous rounds in the playoffs don't mean anything. Heck, what happened in Game 6 don't mean nothin' either.

How you gonna say what happened before doesn't matter and then say momentum is wearing a Cavs jersey? If it doesn't matter there is no momentum.
73-9 doesn't matter. Lebron's back to back 41 point games don't matter. Curry's ejection doesn't matter. Draymond's issues don't matter. Love's disappearance doesn't matter. Cleveland's sweeps over their opponents during the postseason don't matter.

But the reason Cleveland's momentum matters is because guys like Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, Richard Jefferson, Shumpert, etc have a renewed level of confidence, moxie, and swagger they never had in the series' first 4 games. Meanwhile, Iggy is hurt, Bogut is out, and Barbosa, Barnes, and Livingston are not making as much of an impact.

The reason MOMENTum matters is because past events that happened days or weeks ago have no real bearing on momentum. Rather, momentum focuses on the here and now, the moment. And it's Cleveland's moment.

Last edited:

Exactly.

73-9 doesn't matter. Lebron's back to back 41 point games don't matter. Curry's ejection doesn't matter. Draymond's issues don't matter. Love's disappearance doesn't matter. Cleveland's sweeps over their opponents during the postseason don't matter.

But the reason Cleveland's momentum matters is because guys like Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, Richard Jefferson, Shumpert, etc have a renewed level of confidence, moxie, and swagger they never had in the series' first 4 games. Meanwhile, Iggy is hurt, Bogut is out, and Barbosa, Barnes, and Livingston are not making as much of an impact.

The reason MOMENTum matters is because momentum has no regard for past events. Rather it focuses on the here and now, the moment. And it's Cleveland's moment. Of course momentum matters.

Barbosa has been playing well and iman should called iboy bc he trash af. Tristan sets the most clearly illegal screens and gets away with the most overthebacks I ever seen. Jr streaky af, I wouldnt be surprised if he had 28 or 4 tomorrow. Jefferson has been really hooping tho. HB and Livingston gotta make a difference on the offensive end but they have been more streaky jr Smith in this series smh.

Last edited:
If Iggy, Barnes, Livingston, Ezeli, and Barbosa outplay Smith, Jefferson, T. Thompson, Shumpert, Frye, and Delly, then GSW wins. Simple as that.

The role players who make the timely shots, win the 50-50 balls, and have the least amount of mistakes are what will determine who wins tomorrow night because the stars on each team are gonna get theirs no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom