The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerr better hope iggy's back gets sorted by tomorrow..

And when does draymond get the nickname 'cup check'?

Crazy how Harrison lost all that money!

I give him credit though always a winner HS/college/NBA , just not the dominant player a lot of people said he would be in HS

The thing is, idk why people think that getting in Lebron's head or talking smack to him is the answer of winning. It was almost like when if somebody tried talking smack to Kobe or Jordan, **** around the wrong way and he's gonna torch you. I know hater stans will never put LBJ in the same conversation as them, (but will do it for Curry in a heartbeat) thats the same thing all the greats did. If you talk ****, expect to get hit. Back to back 40 point games? and if Im GSW with Iggy not practicing today I'm sweating. And with Bogut out?  expect the driving lanes clear cut for kyrie and Bron like an interstate highway. The only person that stops Lebron is Lebron. And we saw that in the 2011 Mavs series. The  dude should have 3 rings by now on the way to his 4th.
This is all well and good except we've seen him get called out before and fold like a lawn chair. See Jason Eugene Terry in 2011. Also this is the same guy who was crying to the media cause Draymond called him a name not even 5 days ago, c'mon son.
I think the guy you're calling out isn't the same guy anymore. He's motivated now, he wasn't in game 1,2, and 4. He only plays well when he's angry/motivated/back against the wall. He'll give you his quick 25/7/7 when he's not but if they lose game 7 bc of lackluster performances by him and Kyrie, expect the slander bus to resurrect and I will gladly hop on and resubscribe to this thread.

Crazy how Harrison lost all that money!

I give him credit though always a winner HS/college/NBA , just not the dominant player a lot of people said he would be in HS

Cant lose what you never had, im sure his contract will still be NICE especially with the new cap

I watched the NBA in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. I have no doubt in my mind that the '16 Warriors would NOT defeat the following teams in a 7-game series, NEUTRAL COURT:

1983 Sixers

1985 Lakers

1987 Lakers

2000 Lakers

2001 Lakers

1986 Celtics

1984 Celtics

1989 Pistons

1990 Pistons

1995 Rockets

1992 Bulls

1993 Bulls

1996 Bulls

1997 Bulls

2014 Spurs (if they played the way they played against the Heat that series)

I think the guy you're calling out isn't the same guy anymore. He's motivated now, he wasn't in game 1,2, and 4. He only plays well when he's angry/motivated/back against the wall. He'll give you his quick 25/7/7 when he's not but if they lose game 7 bc of lackluster performances by him and Kyrie, expect the slander bus to resurrect and I will gladly hop on and resubscribe to this thread.

No motivation huh? That's the card you're playing here?

I watched the NBA in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. I have no doubt in my mind that the '16 Warriors would NOT defeat the following teams in a 7-game series, NEUTRAL COURT:

1983 Sixers
1985 Lakers
1987 Lakers
2000 Lakers
2001 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1984 Celtics
1989 Pistons
1990 Pistons
1995 Rockets
1992 Bulls
1993 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1997 Bulls

OBJECTION your honor. Relevance?

HB playing for millions/year tomorrow. he got the most to lose out of everyone on that court. son better come to play and rep hard for Iowa

How much money do you think this guy has lost over the course of the finals? :lol: :x

HB turned down 16.5 mill last summer and bet on himself. safe to say he ain't touching a penny over that after his post season.

he could've restructured last summer and started earning that 16.5 mill but instead he turned it down and continued earning his rookie contract of 4 mill in hopes of a bigger payout. still a lot of money but a tough pill to swallow if you potentially left 12 million on the table and have nothing to show for it.

even if you exclude this post season, HB wasn't doing much for this team on both sides of the ball. he went from black falcon last year to being a hobbled pigeon most of the regular season. he's still only like 23 but for a dude to have spent 4 years in there pros, you'd think he would've found his identity by now. he could still be good/consistent in the future but who knows how many years he'll need to develop that. if I'm the warriors, I'm letting him walk and pursuing KD like no other. this is your best opportunity to grab an elite super star, i imagine you take it

Last edited:

1983 Sixers

1985 Lakers

1987 Lakers

2000 Lakers

2001 Lakers

1986 Celtics

1984 Celtics

1989 Pistons

1990 Pistons

1995 Rockets

1992 Bulls

1993 Bulls

1996 Bulls

1997 Bulls

But could they beat the '15 Warriors? 

In the finals b. Like it's just straight up disrespectful to say that him and his team's shortcomings are due to him not giving a damn on the biggest stage. As a hater i admire it. As a rational person I'm like "Wtf?"

1983 Sixers
1985 Lakers
1987 Lakers
2000 Lakers
2001 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1984 Celtics
1989 Pistons
1990 Pistons
1995 Rockets
1992 Bulls
1993 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1997 Bulls
But could they beat the '15 Warriors? 

In the finals b. Like it's just straight up disrespectful to say that him and his team's shortcomings are due to him not giving a damn on the biggest stage. As a hater i admire it. As a rational person I'm like "Wtf?"

:lol: cuzz watched and rewatched hours upon hours of ESPN classic and YouTube only to ascertain some **** that can never be confirmed or denied. All i can say without a shadow of doubt is that the warriors are the most dominating team of this year but I'm sure magic has already stated that

1983 Sixers
1985 Lakers
1987 Lakers
2000 Lakers
2001 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1984 Celtics
1989 Pistons
1990 Pistons
1995 Rockets
1992 Bulls
1993 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1997 Bulls
OBJECTION your honor. Relevance?
Absolutely no relevance. Just wanted to throw that out there because 73-9 don't mean a thing without the ring. Tomorrow, the PRESSURE is ALL on the Warriors. Let's see how Steph and Draymond respond. Not worried about Klay, because championship pedigree is in his genes and I'm sure Mychal will have his son ultra-prepared.

tumblr_lyxt38UNhP1qin7uco1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Pursue Kd? Really? Does ANYONE factor in that kd can't be a role player? So he has to be the star of the team? Anybody? It's like yall think kd fits on every team as long as the money is there

Barnes will still get $18-20M

Body of work >> 1 series

True, I like HB. Listen to him do interviews on local sports radio and cuzz is the comsummate professional. However his body of work is plagued with inconsistency on offense and the glass. He's still young and will only get better, but if I'm a team looking for an impact wing player, am I willing to sink 18 to 20 million on a player who might take another year or two to develop an offensive identity?

Pursue Kd? Really? Does ANYONE factor in that kd can't be a role player? So he has to be the star of the team? Anybody? It's like yall think kd fits on every team as long as the money is there
I'd take KD over Steph as the face of the fanchise. KD at least plays Defense

True, I like HB. Listen to him do interviews on local sports radio and cuzz is the comsummate professional. However his body of work is plagued with inconsistency on offense and the glass. He's still young and will only get better, but if I'm a team looking for an impact wing player, am I willing to sink 18 to 20 million on a player who might take another year or two to develop an offensive identity?
Hornets need him bad

The key to Game 7 is Andrew Bogut. As someone else has mentioned in this thread, without Bogut clogging the lane Kyrie and Lebron will have a field day penetrating the lane and kicking out to shooters like Love and Smith.

If J.R. Smith's head is in Game 7 and he starts to get hot, GSW will be in major trouble.

Ezeli has the have the biggest game of his life if the Warriors expect to have any chance on defense. Because I'm sure Lebron will get ALL THE CALLS tomorrow and I'm sure Lebron will attack, attack, and attack with no regard for human life.

Live by the 3, die by the 3. Can the Warriors do it in front of their home fans?

I doubt it. Lebron is way too great to have a 2-5 Finals record, and for him to end up 0-3 in his last 3 Finals appearances is a little unfathomable. Law of averages says Lebron stamps his name among the all-time greats with a memorable performance tomorrow and ups his Finals record to a more respectable 3-4 with at least 5-7 solid years left in his illustrious career.

Hornets need him bad
not really. 

Batum> barnes.

The 1988 back-to-back champion Los Angeles Lakers won three straight Game 7s in the playoffs en route to the title (vs Stockton-Malone Jazz, vs. a stacked Mavericks team in the WCF, and their Finals series against the Bad Boys Pistons).

That Lakers team was about as tough as it gets when it came to mental preparation and rising above all adversity.

I can totally visualize Mychal Thompson, who played on that Lakers team, addressing the Warriors in the locker room before tomorrow's game.

I can't wait til tomorrow, because we will see who the REAL MVP of the 2016 season really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom