The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

I was going to type up a reply with quotes about how defensive stats from the 2010's are damn near identical, maybe even better, than the golden age of the 1990's considering the superior offensive systems teams run today compared to the 90's. The reply would also show how coaches today are more knowledgeable than those of the 90's because of analytics & film study. Maybe it would've talked about how the influx of international players created more talent & parity. I could've said how the athleticism of today's players blows yesterday's NBA out of the water. 

But I'm just a kid so I don't know my history. 
im not going to get into an argument about eras right now not in the mood. Atheticism means what. Tim duncan and chris paul have never had much athletic ability and what does that mean. They are still better players and have been then russell westbrooks, or dwight howards.

Last edited:
Plus modern athletes should be better athletes considering people have been training since middle school and have the benefit of "modern medicine."

doug-chirsties-wife-jackie-4.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

*looks at sn*

OG's popping up. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Most aspiring tennis players look up to Serena tho. I don't understand why you say she isn't widely liked. Almost every up & comer cites Serena as their favorite player.

He's speaking more to appeal and marketability. Of course all basketball players look up to MJ. All golfers look up to Tiger. All tennis players look up to Serena.

Steph is just EASIER to market.

http://healthland.time.com/2009/11/23/the-politics-of-skin-color-perception/

http://scholar.harvard.edu/jlhochschild/publications/skin-color-paradox-and-american-racial-order

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3090169?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Can we just get back to the basketball slander? :lol:

Last edited:
Plus modern athletes should be better athletes considering people have been training since middle school and have the benefit of "modern medicine."

You would think so. In MLB though pitchers are much more frail in today's game then pitchers of the past. Even with bullpens and closers modern pitchers seem to get hurt at a higher clip and are much more protected pitch count wise.

I still don't see the racial argument by DC about Curry/LeBron. I seen Black Twitter roast them both.

I would argue that Kobe was accused of raping a white woman and he is still more universally liked than Curry and LeBron due to his legacy. Dude still selling out his kicks and jerseys more than Curry and LeBron.

This has proven true for sprinters. I think the slowest guys at the olympics were still faster than the best were 20-30 years ago. Hypobaric chambers have helped too. Not sure if anyone in the NBA uses them.

Ok but Draymond gave them a reason did he not? If the NBA wanted to suspend someone on the Warriors there are much better impactful players to choose from, no?
Naw bro, you didn't know the entire Warriors team was awarded Co-MVP trophies once Westbrook started hog tying Steph in the WCF?
If they had suspended McAdoo that would be the excuse for the Warriors losing game 5, because he's so valuable.

Dude I was talking to the other day defended Curry saying he doesn't have to put up big numbers because their bench is so deep.
So in other words Curry is being carried by the team, yet he wins the MVP unanimously?
And these are Golden State fans telling me this nonsense :lol:

Yo are the mods going to fix this thread? We can't have it in shambles from a functionality standpoint on Sunday.

This has proven true for sprinters. I think the slowest guys at the olympics were still faster than the best were 20-30 years ago. Hypobaric chambers have helped too. Not sure if anyone in the NBA uses them.
I was listening to a radio interview a couple weeks ago. It made an interesting point: if you adjust for changes in the running surface, Jesse Owens would've been almost as fast as Bolt.

This whole notion that athletes now are superior is slightly overblown.

Last edited:
I was listening to a radio interview a couple weeks ago. It made an interesting point: if you adjust for changes in the running surface, Jesse Owens would've been almost as fast as Bolt.

This whole notion that athletes now are superior is slightly overblown.

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom