The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has proven true for sprinters. I think the slowest guys at the olympics were still faster than the best were 20-30 years ago. Hypobaric chambers have helped too. Not sure if anyone in the NBA uses them.
I know Gilbert was using it at one point.

I was listening to a radio interview a couple weeks ago. It made an interesting point: if you adjust for changes in the running surface, Jesse Owens would've been almost as fast as Bolt.

This whole notion that athletes now are superior is slightly overblown.

Thanks for this. I will listen this weekend.

Guess you're smarter than me because you had the privilege to watch 1 on 1 isolations & great, agressive defense.

I'm outta here for the day. Y'all have a good one.
I think he is saying that before you make the statement of, "Today is the best ever" it would help that you have a larger viewing history than the last 5 years (if that, since you were BORN in 96.) 

Because you really don't understand what you are viewing earlier than your teenage years.

It isn't a knock. We all are at that stage at some point. Which is why I say folks shouldn't make that cross-era hyperbolic statements

Don't even take it personal dude

Just out of pure curiosity why is Steph and his family placed on such a pedestal? Steph is a good player but we've seen longer more impressive runs by other stars and their entire families were not placed into the spotlight.

I think he is saying that before you make the statement of, "Today is the best ever" it would help that you have a larger viewing history than the last 5 years (if that, since you were BORN in 96.) 

Because you really don't understand what you are viewing earlier than your teenage years.

It isn't a knock. We all are at that stage at some point. Which is why I say folks shouldn't make that cross-era hyperbolic statements

Don't even take it personal dude

You're right about that. Kids can't understand the technical parts of the game at an early age and fully appreciate plays.

Thread cant be fixed right? Just have to make a new one. This happens every year
I think they can move most of the content to a new thread.
Gotta keep this one for the memories.
Cause Sunday night some of these dudes cell phones might actually show real life human emotions.
Dudes cell phones gone be cryin and snottin up the whole thread :lol:
Ayesha breakin Twitter Sunday night.
I can already see it now

is this the classic heel turn for the w's :nerd:

Just out of pure curiosity why is Steph and his family placed on such a pedestal? Steph is a good player but we've seen longer more impressive runs by other stars and their entire families were not placed into the spotlight.

social media
dad a player, mom's a certified dime
riley

Last edited:

Cuz his momma is an official milf lol.

he built himself into a successful brand. not being a douche goes a long way.

Yea, LeBron had a great brand until he left for Miami, all it takes is for Steph to have his douche moment before his brand is questioned. That's not to say that he still doesn't have a good brand, but there was a time where he really needed a good PR team :lol:

Last edited:
I mean after last night I think we can bury the whole good guy with the humble family narrative.

He gets a pass for that one. Emotions and adrenaline at peak levels. It's not like he went into the stands Artest style. Man how I would love to see another Malice in the palace incident. Those were some of the most exciting moments of live tv I've ever seen in my life. More action than Mayweather's whole career in 5 minutes.

Yea, LeBron had a great brand until he left for Miami, all it takes is for Steph to have his douche moment before his brand is questioned.
I don't blame him I would have left too, but the way he did it definitely hurt his image. Nowadays your game off the court is just as important as on court.

Yea, LeBron had a great brand until he left for Miami, all it takes is for Steph to have his douche moment before his brand is questioned. That's not to say that he still doesn't have a good brand, but there was a time where he really needed a good PR team
laugh.gif
Witness

only if he stayed in cleveland. maybe he would've still kept that good guy image lol.

Witness

only if he stayed in cleveland. maybe he would've still kept that good guy image lol.
I feel like if he pulls this off all will be forgiven...well from Cleveland's point of view. The people who hate Lebron will never change their opinion of him regardless.

Won three out of first four.

Faced adversity before of this type

at home

cavs were down 3-1

Cavs are known to choke even dropped two to the raptors

They need to protect their legacy.

My bet is Warriors will win game 7

Witness

He had to do him. He spent nearly half his career and most of his prime with the Cavs for nothing. If he would have been ringless today everyone would be saying he's never gonna be a champ. He made the right move at the right time and if he wins on Sunday all of that resentment will be erased.

I think people overrate how much better modern athletes are to their predecessors.. especially when you're comparing them to athletes in the 90s

sure I believe drugs (and the ability to mask) them has gotten better

you still have to factor in that the men's high jump world record has remained the same since 1993 and the men's long jump record has remained the same since 1991.. then you have Michael Johnson's 400 record

it is easy to look at guys from 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s and look at the deficiencies they had in either equipment or other things.. but it's hard to really determine if those individuals wouldn't be just as good or even better if on a leveled playing field

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom