The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond getting that suspension was to extend the series, just as him not getting suspended in Game 5 vs OKC for a more egregious act was.
Agreed.

Man, unless you shoot somebody, folks shouldn't be getting suspended in a damn Finals Series

The winner

Yawn. You can keep on with this but if LeBron drops 40/10/10 in game 7 in a lost he will not win MVP. It it what it is. Life ain't fair. The winner will rewarded.
The winner is already rewarded by winning the NBA Finals.

Anyway, this discussion would all be clarified if someone could find the guidelines for how they choose finals MVP. I couldn't find anything.

Which makes me think the whole award is BS and maybe we should just ignore it, especially in years where there's no clear best player.

Last edited:
You sound crazy, if they woulda ran through the playoffs after what they did in the regular season they would easily be the best team of all time.

They haven't though, so now they are just the best offensive team and regular season team in history.
Maybe I am from a different era, but nothing this team ever did would have put them above the 72-10 Bulls man.

And someone also mentioned the 15-1 Playoff Lakers.

GSW had the best record of all time. They can have that.

But we don't have hypothetical machines so we can argue this forever.

The winner
The winner is already rewarded by winning the NBA Finals.

Anyway, this discussion would all be clarified if someone could find the guidelines for how they choose finals MVP. I couldn't find anything.

Which makes me think the whole award is BS and maybe we should just ignore it, especially in years where there's no clear best player.
Bingo............

We don't know,

Here's what i don't get, donaghy came forward and flat out said that the league took draymond out to extend the series and the medias reaction was "we're not gonna pay that any attention because of what he's done" but if anyone would know wouldn't it be him?

Dude its a known fact the league is rigged. Look at the past history and you will see it. The way the refs call things, conspiracy theories and so forth. No matter what anyone says people will still watch. It happen in every sport.

He's not new at that though.

Isiah, Iverson, etc. were all insanely athletic and scored a lot and won either Finals MVP or regular season MVP. And both were shorter than Steph.

What Curry has added is a higher percentage long-range shot.

Unless you are the ultimate bandwagoner and only watch the top team, you would get exposed to plenty of elite and insanely athletic small players over the years.

That high percentage long range shot makes all the difference. Isaiah and Iverson were also tougher players. Maybe I should rephrase : Curry will inspire a generation of smaller, softer players.

Max Barnes ready
its over for him haha, I can understand contested 3's or people running to try to block but he is missing wide open 3's :x

this is going to feel like 18-1 if the Warriors lose, every past NBA player is just waiting to throw slander at the "best" team of all time

LeBron has so much to gain if he wins this series: copy paste from another forum I go to

first finals teams to overcome a 3-1 hole while playing 2 on the road
beating the "best" NBA team of all time
bringing a title to cLeveLand , first time in 50 years or whatever that is , people there will remember it forever
Kobe x MJ can't say that

it'll be so bad watching ESPN x the next NBA season if this happens

step it up Warriors jeez

As much as most won't say it

Steph's racial ambiguity also helps him in his marketability.

Iverson doesn't relate to all.

Isaiah didn't either.

Maybe I am from a different era, but nothing this team ever did would have put them above the 72-10 Bulls man.

And someone also mentioned the 15-1 Playoff Lakers.

GSW had the best record of all time. They can have that.

But we don't have hypothetical machines so we can argue this forever.

GSW won more games than the Bulls in a more talented league, stop it man.

No we should not. You probably like participation trophies.
I hate participation trophies.

The two things aren't related in any way.

Nice try though.

I am sure it will happen at some point.

This isn't something that EYE made up.

Again, JvG can articulate it much better than I can. Go listen to him on Lowe's podcast

Then we need to change the award to Most Outstanding Player or Best Performer. In the NBA, the definition of value has always included winning.

You're trying to take winning and losing out of the equation while conceding that a sweep or a 5 game series would change your argument. Why?

LeBron is gonna get Finals MVP regardless of the final outcome Sunday. This is the first we've ever heard of a player getting the MVP whether his team won or not.

The Warriors need to pull a Lebby and get their ANY MEANS ON... At this point I would even look into starting Delonte West especially since game 7 is on Father's day.

legit question if you lost in the finals and didnt win a ring, would you honestly even want to accept the finals mvp?

I mean if you played out of your mind, obviously your not happy but you should be recognized

View media item 2071969
It's not basketball but Giguere stood on his damn head and the ducks lost, he won playoff MVP. Look at the pain in that mans eyes :smh: :lol:

As much as most won't say it

Steph's racial ambiguity also helps him in his marketability.

Iverson doesn't relate to all.

Isaiah didn't either.
true. it is what it is and i'm sure it prevented a lot of people from connecting with Iverson. instead they probably wanted to turn to JW55 but he was still too street.

personally I find it hard to relate to cocksure silver spoon players like Curry, no matter their skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom