The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best shooter of all time but come on, you think he does that well on this cavs team or any other team when there isn't this great supporting cast around him? curry benefits from a lethal shooter in okay at one wing and draymond being a point forward.

All I'm saying is put curry on the cavs instead of lebron, where are they?

This is so damn lazy.

This Cavs team was tailor made for Lebron and his style of play. Of course bringing in a completely different player with a completely different skill set and style of play is going to give you different results.

With that being said, if you put curry on the Hawks, the Hawks are NBA champions. The same can't be said for putting Lebron on the Hawks or Warriors.

curry would literally turn kyle korver into klay thompson. should've kept demarre, he'd be draymond.

i kind of do feel curry could make them champions. or at least finals bound.

curry could go to the pacers and replace george hill. pg13 and curry would be disgusting. curry could go to the celtics and replace IT. Curry and Avery would be filthy.

Curry doesnt require the players around him to change their games to fit his needs. He isnt a self-centered ball player that turns anybody with skill into a spot up shooter. Son will average 30 while allowing you to get your shine on.

yes, yes curry is better than lebron james.

#1 decoy in the league is right. It's how Klay was able to continue to go off against okc. Major props to Klay getting his but if he was the only threat out chea okc would've eventually just loaded up on Klay. But they couldn't do that cuz they also had to worry about Curry.

Its really not fair how they have two of the deadliest shooters in the NBA on the same team. Lol. How do you cover that.

Last edited:
Eh I don't like saying greatest offensive player ever because of the variety of eras and rules but I will say an argument can be made for the greatest of his generation. He does benefit in that regard from lebron being a terrible shooter. If lebron could shoot half as well as curry he'd have that title.

I just think at the end of the day, curry wouldn't be able to carry this cavs team like lebron has. Not a slight to curry, he's just not built in that way. Lebron is a once in a lifetime player athletically.
Yes, curry wouldn't be able to carry that "paltry" supporting cast of two all stars.  The reason this Cavs aren't that good is because Lebron has basically turned all of those players into one dimensional shoots because he cant play off the ball for ****.  If Curry was on the Cavs, Irving and Love would both be getting much better looks than with Lebron.  Will Curry you basically have to double off the screen leaving the screener wide open almost every time.  With Lebron you can just play under the screen and let him shoot.

This series is basically showing that Lebron is way overrated both offensively and defensively.  He has no shot, no post moves, very little moves on the drive other than being fast and big, and plays **** defense.  

You people are saying Curry has been terrible but the dude had 18 points last game on dame near 70% shooting in 25 minutes of play.

Plus why is people keep talking about LeBron carry teams? Besides that Clev team that he carried to the finals, who else has he carried?

DWade and Bosh?
Kyrie and Love?

FOH ...

Carry is not carry to the playoffs ... **** Lover, Deroza, Kemba, etc carried their team

That doesn't mean **** ...

Ya some clowns with this over hype LeBron ********. Dude only one twice and that was with Wade and Bosh which in the playoffs you could see them carry Bron .... so ya miss me with that ...

Ya get on Barkley case because he never won anything but Barkley carried his teams, so did AI and Eawing, and a few others but to what? Playoffs? LMAo they weren't the greatest ... foolishness here ....

A self proclaimed King and the one of kind should be winning year in an out. But leave it to that ***** to say he rather lose in the playoff so it can hurt less .... butch never had the mentality of a winner. Yes he was the most gifted player in Miami but if it wasn't for a real leader like Wade, they would of have lost as well.

He doesn't bring anything to the Cavs besides chaos, ego, and media. He can't LEAD a team.

Even when curry is off, he's the #1 decoy in the league. He could be 0 for 20 and everytime he touches the ball or comes off a screen the defense will rush to him and gives others a chance to go off.

We can't play the hypothetical put curry in Cleveland game because we'll that team is built around lebrons strengths. Kyrie and Curry would never be on the same team so that doesn't even make sense. We also forget k love won more than 30 games in the west alone so taking lebron off the team allows him to play his game and not be James jones.

Pretty much. I'll never forget when Steph Played Loyola (MD) in college...and was "held scoreless"...but his team won by 30. Dude been not caring about "being the man" and all these stats....Hes about that Decoy life and gravity. The point of the game is to win.

Jimmy Patsos thought he had it figured out back in '08 :lol: :pimp:.

Last edited:
Fun fact, despite being an awful defender according to everyone on this website, Kevin Love only allows 1 more point per 100 possessions than Lebron.  What does that say about Lebron?

The scary part about Steph is that he keeps getting better and better. I am still speechless about his development. I remember his college basketball games. I thought he'd be like a better JJ Redick type player. Man, he proved me wrong every time. I admire his work ethic. Right now, his defense impresses me the mostly. He may not be a great perimeter defense but he's always ready to contest every shot as many as he can. His defense is pretty effective. Much respect

LeBron's still a terrific player. He's always joy to watch. At the same time, I am kinda disappointed that he didn't improve his skills much lately. It seems he focuses to stay healthy which I don't blame him for that.

It's the impact he makes. Put him on any average team and they win 50-55 games. Take him off and they win max 35. The amazing thing is he's been doing this while being a pathetic shooter his whole career.
You could say this about damn near every superstar in the league if you don't replace that player with anyone.  Two years after Lebron left and the Heat are already a 50 win team and they didn't have bosh for a majority of the season.

Fun fact, despite being an awful defender according to everyone on this website, Kevin Love only allows 1 more point per 100 possessions than Lebron.  What does that say about Lebron?

LeBron is just not that hungry anymore. Or he saw the writing on the wall and said 'F this, we have no shot.' Probably just wants to rack up a few more finals appearances and retire.

Good riddance.

that's cause people are blinded. Dude does a couple of chase down blocks and he's a all defensive players when time and time again we seen dude blowing by him, he plays zero defense and blames his team a on national TV (leader tendencies?), And when he tries to put someone on lock down he gets cramps because he ain't built like that.

Again this dude is the biggest fraud to enter the NBA .. he was just a naturally gifted athlete a superstar amount many ... never the chosen one.

Hell he was the beat athlete in HS and still lost ... went into a locker room to cry .... come on fam. He's an I not a Team person .... never a leader ...

Damn curry is a semi system player now
Seriously.  People are acting like you dont have to pick up Curry 40 feet out.  People don't realize what kind of space that creates for people, not just shooting, but driving and cutting as well.  Even when he is off, you still have to devote 2 people to him on screens because you don't know when he is going to go bananas.

Lebron can't even perform a simple post move without getting stripped by iggy or lowering his shoulder for a charge.

Lol Curry isn't no system player.. He is the system.

Curry isn't in the matrix..he is the matrix.

Son is a mix between neo and agent smith..and he plays at the oracle...cue wee bey gif

Last edited:
Serious question, if you gave Lebron Steph's athleticism, would he even be a professional basketball player?

Last edited:
                                                                                                                                   Dream On!

You could say this about damn near every superstar in the league if you don't replace that player with anyone.  Two years after Lebron left and the Heat are already a 50 win team and they didn't have bosh for a majority of the season.
again, he never carried the HEAT ... the year that he left Bosh was out and they only had Wade and the dude Miami drafter just for LeBron .... smh ....

again, he never carried the HEAT ... the year that he left Bosh was out and they only had Wade and the dude Miami drafter just for LeBron .... smh ....

u forgot to mention that miami was def throwing games to get a higher draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom