The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who feels that way is an idiot! haha. Dont forget man while lebron may not be winning them the chip hes bringing them to the finals which is generating a ton of money for Dan Gillie. He would be dumb to lose the cash cow.

I might be an idiot, but I have eyes and what I'm seeing is LeBron on the decline. If you build a better bench and some solid leaders, that team can make the playoff without LeBron. However, I would get rid of the dead weight along with LeBron ... JR Shrimp TT and Jones.

You don't trade he best player in the world for two overrated fools who have never won in their lives.
you have the wrong player, no one is talking about trading Curry.

You talk about winning something but LeBron only won because of DWade and Bosh and that's Facts .....

Blackish, from the promos, completely seems like a show showing black people the way white suits need black people to be.

Seems like there would be tons of jokes about ashy skin, watermelon, fried chicken, and Kool-Aid. And those silly black people joking about white people and their participation trophies, lattes, and brunch.

Not something I'm even remotely interested in.
not even a little bit man. it's a pretty legit show. it's taken from the point of view of a black man trying to keep his family focused and aware of their heritage, in white america, while everything is trying to make them forget it.

no shucking and jiving. and then its also an educated, hard working, ambitious black family, like so many of us are. Similar to the huxtables in career success. The dad is a marketing exec...1st season they tried to make him head of the urban division, because he was black, he hated that. Mom is a surgeon. But everything is pretty realistic.

There was an episode where they focused on racially motivated violence between black people and the police. Anthony Anderson owned that scene. Dude put forth emmy/oscar type feels right there.

it is set in LA though..and the dad is a clippers fan...which is the most random thing I could ever think of :lol: . out side of that though, the rest of the show is pretty real. Shows black folks in a positive light instead of a ghetto bama filter. It doesn't show white people in a negative way either. Just differently.
Well alright then, I'll give it a shot. :smile:

I saw the promos and had the opinion I described earlier but also thought, "Hopefully I'm wrong."

So it sounds like I am. I'll catch the next episode. When does it air? Is it currently running or are they in between seasons or whatever?

goat scene of Anthony anderson's career. Such a powerful episode. The premise was that his wife, being lightskin and mixed, had a different experience and perception of the world around her. She, like so many others didn't even see a problem, or she did but she allowed her naivete to dilute her anger and fear of it. It felt like Anthony Anderson in this scene was more than an actor he was speaking as an black male fed up with how things are

This is a solid summary of the entire episode with some commentary.

Of course not every episode is heavy like this. Many are lighter in message and tension. But I praise the show for addressing in this way. It was knowledgable and well thought out. check it out if you get a chance.

comes on Wednesday at 9:30. It's in the off-season currently. Finished up last month. Will be back in the fall. It's on hulu if you have that. and abc airs reruns on there channel sporadically and I think on their site.

It's going to be awesome next year seeing all the slander for Lebron by people who will pretend that this team is legitimately stacked because they steamrolled through the first couple rounds.

And by awesome, I mean annoying.

And by next year, I mean next week.

And by next week, I mean tomorrow.

And by tomorrow, I mean after this *** whooping that's about to go down tonight.
shieeeeeet people got diff definition of stacked but all i know is this cavs team has the highest payroll of the entire NBA.
And as it has been said numerous times: talent literally has nothing to do with pay.

Talent is how good you are.

Pay is how much someone will pay you.

"Yeah, but if you're really good, you get paid more. If you're not, you won't."

Kobe made $48.5milly last season. He was NOOOOTTTTT... $48.5milly talent level. But that's what he got, because that's what someone was willing to pay him.

TT is not an $80 mil player, but he's making $80 mil.

pay =/= talent

lots of players with high pay =/= good team

i never said talent has anything to do with pay lol. im just stating facts SKA. what you think is talent can differ from what i think it is.

all i know is plenty of people stated that lebron won 2 games in the finals last year by himself and would have won it all if kyrie and love weren't injured. clearly, they are wrong and this finals series is showing that. what you may think is annoying is what other sees as payback from being told for an entire year that lebron would have won if the cavs were at full strength.

Last edited:
You don't trade he best player in the world for two overrated fools who have never won in their lives.

zJ45D_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

who is trading curry?!?!1

Curry hasn't done anything in the finals and his team won two games. Y'all gotta stop thinking curry is better than lebron.

Curry hasn't done anything in the finals and his team won two games. Y'all gotta stop thinking curry is better than lebron.

Yea he's played two bad games, he's also played another 60+ at a level no one in the history of the game has.

You my guy but this is a super scorching take from you, Curry greatness shouldn't be questioned at all at this point.

I'm sure he'll put a show on tonight now that he actually needs too.

Last edited:
He's the best shooter of all time but come on, you think he does that well on this cavs team or any other team when there isn't this great supporting cast around him? curry benefits from a lethal shooter in okay at one wing and draymond being a point forward.

All I'm saying is put curry on the cavs instead of lebron, where are they?

Last edited:
It's ironic that the Cavs were giving *** whoopings this entire post-season leading up to the Finals. Only to now be on the receiving end of an *** whooping :lol:

So no Love, as I expected.. 
Would this hurt or help the Cavs? 

Helps defensively but Kyrie is still gonna be out there.

This is the biggest game of Kyrie's career so far by far.

It's impossible he hasn't heard the talk and that he hasn't been aware of his own play himself.

He has two options, either attack the defensive end with a new mindset (which is unlikely) or just play at his highest level and get an efficient 40 points to outweigh his defense.

I'm ready for the shootout between he and Steph that this series needs.

johnny serious question but why do you think lebron is the best player? jw
It's the impact he makes. Put him on any average team and they win 50-55 games. Take him off and they win max 35. The amazing thing is he's been doing this while being a pathetic shooter his whole career.

goat scene of Anthony anderson's career. Such a powerful episode. The premise was that his wife, being lightskin and mixed, had a different experience and perception of the world around her. She, like so many others didn't even see a problem, or she did but she allowed her naivete to dilute her anger and fear of it. It felt like Anthony Anderson in this scene was more than an actor he was speaking as an black male fed up with how things are

Of course not every episode is heavy like this. Many are lighter in message and tension. But I praise the show for addressing in this way. It was knowledgable and well thought out. check it out if you get a chance.

comes on Wednesday at 9:30. It's in the off-season currently. Finished up last month. Will be back in the fall. It's on hulu if you have that. and abc airs reruns on there channel sporadically and I think on their site.

so i know this is a finals thread but im real life gonna watch a couple of episodes today on my way home from work. sorry guys lol

Dog.

My man.

I am... IIIIINNNNNN.

You're right, that single monologue... is NOOOOOTTTTHIIIINNNNGGGGG... like what I had in mind.

I hear you, not every scene or episode is that heavy, but to even go there for one scene, that speaks of the show's overall intention.

Many thanks.

That scene alone comes off the like it should be in the final act of a really powerful movie on the black struggle, not a damn tv comedy.

*slow applause*

Not gonna front, I'm still a little skeptical, but the description in that scene, the buildup, the climax... that was a good watch.

Last edited:
I thought blackish was going to be terrible but i think it's one of the better sitcoms on television. Really grew on me fast.

Only seen the 2nd season tho

Last edited:
It's ironic that the Cavs were giving *** whoopings this entire post-season leading up to the Finals. Only to now be on the receiving end of an *** whooping
laugh.gif
This is such heavy evidence for why the East is so inferior to the West.

Literally, the Eastern Conference team in the Finals went from kicking *** to getting their *** kicked... as soon as they got out of the East.

It's ironic that the Cavs were giving *** whoopings this entire post-season leading up to the Finals. Only to now be on the receiving end of an *** whooping :lol:

East being garbage was the Cavs downfall.

Had it way too easy. Warriors had to fight to make to the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom