The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 who made this!!

jerry west was a perenial loser in the finals, but he's still an all-timer. at this point, i think yrs from now, these losses dont matter in the grand scheme. ppl just gonna say he came up short most times than not, but still an all time good player. it doesn't mean much unless he brings 1 to "the land"
There's nothing loserish about Lebby

It's just his finals appearances aren't as impressive as they should be because the East is absolute garbage

That's all

Last edited:
Also; there is way more evidence that you can win with Kevin Love than there is for the idea that you can win with Kyrie.

There's nothing loserish about Lebby

It's just his finals appearances aren't as impressive as they should be because the East is absolute garbage

That's all

At least Cleveland has gotten b2b finals. Last time the Knicks were there was back in '99. We've lost all hope a long time ago in NY.

Everyone saying OKC giving the blue print on how to beat GSW. Problem is you dont have those athletic players like OKC. Lwts not forget who is in the finals and who is at home first and foremost, so its not like Lue can just copy OKC and win this series

Its like someone saying GSW is giving the blueprint to beat this team and that team. No. Its not something easily replicated.

Warriors defense is shutting down cleveland plain and simple

Last edited:
Everyone saying OKC giving the blue print on how to beat GSW. Problem is you dont have those athletic players like OKC. Lwts not forget who is in the finals and who is at home first and foremost, so its not like Lue can just copy OKC and win this series

Its like someone saying GSW is giving the blueprint to beat this team and that team. No. Its not something easily replicated.
OKC plays a chaos style on both ends. They have 2 of the top 6 players in the world. It can't be replicated 

Last edited:
Genuinely interested in all of the evidence 

Kevin Love was the best player on a team with a top 10 offense and 12th ranked defense. Kyrie's never led a team out of the bottom 10.

They are both injury prone but Kevin Love's been a better player throughout most of his career.

The only thing that works in Kyrie's favour is the fact that it's easier to hide PG's on defense.

Last edited:
Kevin Love was the best player on a team with a top 10 offense and 12th ranked defense. Kyrie's never led a team out of the bottom 10.

They are both injury prone but Kevin Love's been a better player throughout most of his career.
Yeah I question if Irving could have done what Dame did this year with a similar team

Warriors defense is shutting down cleveland plain and simple

lue hasnt even attempted to go big. dont think cavs have the personnel to play like okc, but they are straight up getting bullied by w's bigs. he needs to try something different, even if it is for a few minutes
bogut looking like wilt out there :smokin

What are you talking about?? LeBron has never been favored to win in any of the finals he's lost. His team had little chance to win, don't hold that against him 

In the Finals versus the Mavericks there was simply no excuse. The Heat and their big 3 were the favorites to win regardless of their team's new construct. Nothing underdog about them that year.

Even the Heat's second final series versus the Spurs they weren't really underdogs. The entire nation barring Miami voted against them to win in polls, but that's quite different from being underdogs as they voted for who they wanted to win.

In the Finals versus the Mavericks there was simply no excuse. The Heat and their big 3 were the favorites to win regardless of their team's new construct. Nothing underdog about them that year.

Even the Heat's second final series versus the Spurs they weren't really underdogs. The entire nation barring Miami voted against them to win in polls, but that's quite different from being underdogs as they voted for who they wanted to win.
Zechs, welcome to the forum 
happy.gif

Sigh...I guess I'll just post the damn picture for you guys.

View media item 2058699
LeBron was the favorite to win 2011 and 2013

Question but would a healthy Miami team have done better than the Cavs in these Finals? Im talking bout with Bosh too. Cuz i felt like they woulda at least made this competitive

I understand that Cleveland doesn't have okc's personnel. I think Cleveland is going to lose no matter what they do. What's up to them is how embarrassingly they're going to lose. :lol:

If Lue even attempts to follow anything Blatt or Okc did they might lose in a more respectable manner.

Lue hasn't even attempted to give Dellabedova minutes and I remember he was a huge pain in the *** last yr :lol:. He hasn't tried to put more defensive lineups out there that feature less Kyrie and Love. He's still insisting on playing fast and small and that's the opposite of what it's been shown it takes to give GS a hard time.

You do have to play smaller to match up with gs but he went really small last night as if to out quick gs.

Last edited:
Question but would a healthy Miami team have done better than the Cavs in these Finals? Im talking bout with Bosh too. Cuz i felt like they woulda at least made this competitive
Man, I'm mad these teams didn't cross paths. It would have been a sight to see.

2012 Miami Heat team would've made this series VERY competitive. A lot of the GSW PnR sets would've been disrupted because of Bosh's excellent defense. Miami also had incredible spacing as well, along with superb help defense.

Lets also not forget about the rate in which Miami scored off turn overs in transition. GSW turns the ball over quite often. That would've been devastating for this year Warriors team.

I understand that Cleveland doesn't have okc's personnel. I think Cleveland is going to lose no matter what they do. What's up to them is how embarrassingly they're going to lose. :lol:

If Lue even attempts to follow anything Blatt or Okc did they might lose in a more respectable manner.

Lue has been blitz by Kerr and Co. from the jump. His inexperience is being exposed, because he's on the grand stage. What'd everyone (besides the people who said GSW would crush Cle) expect?

Yeah I question if Irving could have done what Dame did this year with a similar team
It is insane to me that this is even something you are questioning.  Dame is clearly the superior player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom