The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron once said he would rather not make the playoffs than lose the Finals.
Looks like he's gonna be tanking for life after this series

Can't believe he would say that. That is not a positive winning mentality. You gotta be able to take the Ls and come back stronger.

But OKC lost because mental ineptitude more than anything. They didn't lose that series because GSW did anything special.
OKC lost due to themselves, not so much GSW. OKC has a better team physically and talent-wise than GSW. GSW were just mentally better that series.

Dumb*** narrative:
People said they were a fluke last year and the Cavs would have beat them if they were healthy... (oh! all the ifs in the world!!! if it was a fifth we all be drunk)
Warriors answer:
This team won 73 and two games from sweeping a fully healthy Cavs squad.

Dumb*** narrative

Lebron said they are the most healthy team in NBA history and would be more impressed by them if they won without Curry...
Warriors Answer
Lost Curry for most of the playoffs and still won
- Dumb*** response - Oh, the dubs are loaded!!!! Curry is a system player!!!

Dumb*** narrative

They don't know how to respond to adversity
Warriors Answer
Came back down from 3-1 and did it THEIR way.

Quit listening to these generalizing talking heads who don't do any deep dives of the game. They change their opinion as quickly as the wind. This ******** about "I saw into their EYES and they look shook" is all crap.

They create these narratives to excuse the Warriors greatness because they aren't as popular as Lebron. What more do they have to do for many of you to see?? Go undefeated?!

It's ridiculous. Lebron gets all the excuses in the world for losing but you can't recognize greatness when it's this apparent.

Last edited:
In theory as you said this would work.

However all it would take is a steph PnR involving TT and boom, there it goes.

Not to mention how compromised your defense would become because of kyrie's ineptness guarding bigger players.

Well, like I said before, Delly would have to fight through that screen. IF he can do that, the defense should hold up. But once you get Thompson on Curry or Delly on Green...it's BBQ chicken.

Your asking a below average 6'2 PG to guard a 6'8 or 6'6 SF who be dunking?

He just needs to stay in front of them. They can slash all they want, but if Thompson stays near the paint and you have LeBron available to help, it could work. The Cavs would need to funnel those guys.

Delly is hot garbage.

Curry got over that chump late last finals and the physicalitiy no longer bothers him as much.

Off the ball hammering of Curry like OKC does has a better chance of impacting the game.

As someone stated before, Curry has been struggling. But that's due to constant doubles out in the perimeter. If Delly can hold his, the doubling won't be needed.

Whats the word on the bench tho? I dont think its the starters the cavs have to worry about its the bench. Livingston is eating and smh i hate to say this but barbosa who ive hated since his 2004 suns days. yes ive hated him for 12 years is getting buckets shooting like 90%. lol. Dont let livingston being on the bench fool you that kid is nice and is 6'7 he can shoot over most guards.

Bench would be..

Mo Williams
J.R. Smith
Jefferson
Love
Mozgov/Frye

Mo Williams is obviously the guy to worry about. Don't know how he'd hold up.

So Cleveland hasn't tried a lineup of Irving Dell Shumpert LeBron and TT yet?

Lmao. Wtf.

Nope. I'm surprised myself :lol:

Bron's time in Miami was the Black Album. This **** right here is Kingdom Come.

:lol:

That just shows you how much he wants it and how much it means to him. It's not always easy to handle defeat especially when he honestly thinks he's better than anyone on GSW.

so he's a sore loser? lmaooo alll that trashing talking and flexing on weaker lastern conference teams makes his defaults 23x funnier.

Blatt (from last yr) and Okc literally gave Lue the blueprint but Lue is not paying attention. Now he's getting his *** kicked instead of losing respectably.

I've always picked Gs to win but I don't think Cleveland are so bad that they should be getting their *** kicked like this.

Last edited:
so he's a sore loser? lmaooo alll that trashing talking and flexing on weaker lastern conference teams makes his defaults 23x funnier.

Trash talk is part of basketball culture just like boxing or UFC. Look at all the trash talk from all the retired players. Some of them probably think they could still take these younger guys on.

Btw Curry struggled game 1 but game 2, besides the turnovers and foul trouble he played well.

It shouldn't be any indictment on his greatness because he isn't dropping 30 every game because his teammates are stepping up.

His greatness was already established before the playoffs and exemplified last round.

Trash talk is part of basketball culture just like boxing or UFC. Look at all the trash talk from all the retired players. Some of them probably think they could still take these younger guys on.

If this happened to half the players in the league, feelings would be hurt and you'd see all these passive aggressive posts on IG/FB/Snapchat by the next day :lol:

Btw Curry struggled game 1 but game 2, besides the turnovers and foul trouble he played well.

It shouldn't be any indictment on his greatness because he isn't dropping 30 every game because his teammates are stepping up.

His greatness was already established before the playoffs and exemplified last round.

I still don't understand how probably 90% of his 3s go in. It's ridiculous. I wonder if he spent thousands of hours behind that line or if it's just natural talent or good technique. Really crazy.

Warriors 
nerd.gif
Elite defender that can guard ALL FIVE position. 

jerry west was a perenial loser in the finals, but he's still an all-timer. at this point, i think yrs from now, these losses dont matter in the grand scheme. ppl just gonna say he came up short most times than not, but still an all time good player. it doesn't mean much unless he brings 1 to "the land"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom