The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But OKC lost because mental ineptitude more than anything. They didn't lose that series because GSW did anything special.
OKC lost due to themselves, not so much GSW. OKC has a better team physically and talent-wise than GSW. GSW were just mentally better that series.

I'm stumped, not sure what adjustments they can make that would make this winnable for them. Atleast make it competitive.

But OKC lost because mental ineptitude more than anything. They didn't lose that series because GSW did anything special.
OKC lost due to themselves, not so much GSW. OKC has a better team physically and talent-wise than GSW. GSW were just mentally better that series.
With this I can agree. I think OKC thought that they had the series wrapped up and took their foot off of the gas, but I still think GSW was clutch when it was needed.

I have to be the only poster that thinks Shump is good on defense. Or at least was good on defense in recent memory. He did a good job on Isaiah Thomas, Rose, Korver, and Klay last year.

Shumpert had a LOT of promise before he tore his ACL in the playoffs in 2012 against Miami. He actually was a consistent defender and had some upside. Once he tore his knee up, he never was the same. Confidence was killed under Phil Jackson as well.

I do think the NBA should change the name of the Finals trophy though. Larry O'Brien wasn't a good commissioner and stunted the league's growth, more than anything.

NBA Finals trophy should be named after a great coach.

But I think Whiteside is in a position where he thinks that he deserves the ball as an actual option on offense, GSW doesn't do that. They lob to Bogut, so for all of that he can stay in the 305.

If I was Whiteside, I'd go to GS. Chris Paul made Tyson Chandler a household name by just catching those lobs and defending in New Orleans. Whiteside isn't a viable go to offensive choice on a consistent basis. He'd be better served doing what he does now and catching lobs. I mean, ****--Look at what CP is going for DeAndre Jordan's career :lol:

That's basically all they need. :lol: I hate the fact I keep quotin you too, stop makin sense b :lol:

I do what I do :pimp:

I think LeBron is just exhausted he's been in the finals 6 straight times with no real off season to recover. This cast could beat the dubs but imo it's still bron doing everything and hopefully some else shows up. Kyrie hasn't been balling. (I'm a HUGE Kyrie fan) the entire squad hasn't been balling. JR had what 7 points in 2 games love had 5 in game 2 (granted he was hurt). LeBron can win with this team they just need to learn to do what Wade did

I can see how people can think LeBron is fatigued, but did he say a few weeks back how he's felt the best this post-season than he has in YEARS? C'mon, man. The excuses are running low on fumes.

Patiently waiting for the next 30 for 30 "Believeland v2.0"

Someone said a few days, when they do Believland 2.0 they're going to add a chapter-- "The LeBron years".

So I mentioned yesterday after the game that I have no idea how many games it would take the Cavaliers to beat the Warriors 4 times.  I know it isnt 5 (which they would have to do to win a ring).

How many do you guys think?  Realistically?  How many Cavs vs. Warriors games would have to be played for the Cavs to get to 4 wins?

I think the Cavs would have to play the Warrior 7-8 games times to beat the Warriors 4 times.

Maybe, just maybe, that stint in DC was atrocious. But hey, they're righting the ship in Charlotte.

MJ has been doing a better of surrounding himself with people who know how to run a front office in a basketball setting.

What was Livingston's game like early in his career? Was it pretty similar to what we see now (postups, midrange jumper)?

So let me get this straight. Last week everyone was saying Lebron had the cast to win this thing. now after losing 0-2 he doesnt have the cast to do it. WHAT?!??! Lmao man oh man how the tables turn. Oh and for the record almost winning, is not winning. So who cares what OKC almost did. IMO they are worst off than the Cavs. They were up 3-1 and lost 3 straight. Also, helping Gs get even more confident going into the finals lmao. There was no blueprint trust me.

well the rate they hit 3s in game 6 and 7 was very special (47% and 46%)

while OKC wasn't perfect and had mistakes, GSW did do a lot to win those games

I'm stumped, not sure what adjustments they can make that would make this winnable for them. Atleast make it competitive.

Not being bias, but I honestly don't see anything this Cleveland team can do. They don't have the personnel to compete with the Warriors. No athletic bigs at all. Before the series started, a couple of y'all made it seem like Tristan Thompson was athletic and agile but I just don't see it still.

With that said, I'm sure they'll probably be fired up and feed off that energy at home but in the long run, unless they come up with some miraculous game plan, it's a warp for them.

OKC got them on the ropes with only 1 KD. Not sure why you think you need a team of elite wings. They would've beat them if they didn't fall back to bad habits when GS hit them with some haymakers. This was a team with no backup PG depending on Dion Waiters, Kanter, and Roberson. Not the perfect squad by any means.

GS is the best team I've ever seen but they're not unbeatable.

No team is unbeatable. Humans are meant to make mistakes and have weak points. Otherwise, we'd be machines. OKC has obviously showed GS weak points, but they evidently fell due to their weaknesses as well.

The better team won. Plain and simple.

You have to go big and slow the pace down.

As mentioned before a line up consisting of:

Delly
Irving
Shumpert
LeBron
Thompson

with Love and JR coming off the bench with Frye or Mozgov at 4 and 5. You get the defense push in the start and the offensive punch from the B team.

With this I can agree. I think OKC thought that they had the series wrapped up and took their foot off of the gas, but I still think GSW was clutch when it was needed.

Well, GS threw the haymakers and landed. It's a make or miss league, sometimes.

You put Shump at the 3 and he's food all game, the switching between him and Bron won't work because he'll be stuck guarding Dray or Barnes/Iggy/Livingston

So let me get this straight. Last week everyone (The Lebron Haters) was saying Lebron had the cast to win this thing. now after losing 0-2 he doesnt have the cast to do it. WHAT?!??!

Fixed.

It was mainly Lebron Haters that were spewing that nonsense. Everyone else pretty much knew GS had a way more talented and better team.

Part of losing the series was mental, but u cant discount Klay's unbelievable performance for Game 6 and Curry going off at Game 7

Anyway now the whole GSW team is beating the brakes off the Cavs

Talent wise OKC has a better team?

You have KD and Russ, talent wise. Thats it. :lol:

They can try using Bron as a the PnR roll man more frequently. Use off-ball screens to make it so Bogut/Ezeli is the defender if GSW goes big or Barnes if they go small.

They can also incorporate more action off-ball if they're gonna continue to iso.

Defensively: smarter switching, better effort.

I went into further detail a few pages back.

What does CLE need to do to put up an actually decent fight?
Use Bron as a screener more frequently & have him roll HARD. Have him stand at the block first. If Bogut/Ezeli are out there, have their man set an off ball screen for Bron to force the switch.

Then you can put Bogut/Ezeli in the pnr with Bron as the roll man. They're 100% going to sag, so Kyrie can get an easy floater/midrange.

If they don't switch that off-ball screen, then Bron's man has to fight over the screen & scramble to get position to defend the pnr.

If they're going small, same idea just bring Barnes' man over to set the off-ball screen for Bron.

If they switch the actual PnR and now have the PG on Bron. Get it to him. Bron has to attack quickly, he can't stand there & hold the ball

Also when Bron/Kyrie iso the other 4 guys cannot just stand there & watch.

Like, OKC did that for literally the entire 4th quarter of game 6, struggled to score for that entire period & blew the game.

Game 1 Delly had a beautiful alley to Tristan off of Bron's iso. Delly was in the corner, Shump set a backscreen on Delly's defender who was looking at Bron & didn't see it. Bron rifled it to Delly, he blew by the closeout, help rotated over & he lobbed it to TT.

If you have to ISO, the others have to be doing something.

And when you don't iso, gotta make smarter passes.

Kyrie pops open for three, but Bron chases the mismatch with Love & forces an awful awful pass.

Defensively, Bron also HAS to be better.

If the action involves Bron & Shump, they should switch every time. Bron chooses to bearhug Dray instead of switching to Klay for some reason.

They don't switch again & Bron gives a pathetic effort at denying the pass.

This series is gonna require him to play like he did on defense in 12 & 13 and he hasn't shown to be up for it.

Last edited:
Talent wise OKC has a better team?

You have KD and Russ, talent wise. Thats it. :lol:

Seriously...dudes showing no respek for Golden State. First it was, "it's arguable Cleveland has more talent than GS" and now we have people saying OKC was more talented?? :smh:

Hank that lineup isn't going big lol

Well, it's not going BIG, but you at least get defense. The issue is doubling Curry and Klay whenever they get the ball, which subsequently opens the floor for the rest of the team. At least with the aforementioned lineup, you have a fighting chance with Delly on Curry.

At this point, you're on life support if your the Cavs. You need to explore every option.

You put Shump at the 3 and he's food all game, the switching between him and Bron won't work because he'll be stuck guarding Dray or Barnes/Iggy/Livingston

You don't switch. Fight the screens, or go under them (depending on who the ball handler is).

i.e. What Iggy to KD/Westbrook

Tall task, I know. But you gotta try it out if you're Lue.

Last edited:
No team is unbeatable. Humans are meant to make mistakes and have weak points. Otherwise, we'd be machines. OKC has obviously showed GS weak points, but they evidently fell due to their weaknesses as well.
The better team won. Plain and simple.
You have to go big and slow the pace down.

As mentioned before a line up consisting of:

Delly
Irving
Shumpert
LeBron
Thompson

with Love and JR coming off the bench with Frye or Mozgov at 4 and 5. You get the defense push in the start and the offensive punch from the B team.
Well, GS threw the haymakers and landed. It's a make or miss league, sometimes.
I like that, but who guards Thompson?

IMO they are worst off than the Cavs.
OKC has young players on it's roster that can improve.. adams is only 22.. payne is going into his 2nd year.. Roberson is another young guy.. kanter is only 24

the cavs have serious decisions to make.. and LeBron will have decisions to make (who will be 32 in December)

Last edited:

OKC has young players on it's roster that can improve.. adams is only 22.. payne is going into his 2nd year.. Roberson is another young guy.. kanter is only 24

the cavs have serious decisions to make.. and LeBron will have decisions to make (who will be 32 in December)
Lebron will retire at age 35.

Nobody...that lineup would be food.

I agree they definitely gonna probably have to do some drastic switch in their lineups to have a chance at all but again, I don't think Cleveland has the personnel to contend with this GS team. Cleveland and Lebron done effed up when they built this team this off-season.

Delly on Curry
Shumpert on Klay
Irving on Barnes/Iggy
LeBron on Green
Thompson on Bogut

Theoretically it works, but there's the possibility Irving gets roasted by Barnes or Iggy. Irving NEEDS to step up.

Also, Shumpert and LeBron needs to switch everytime Klay goes through that low baseline strong side pindown heading to elbow or corner 3.

Delly on Curry
Shumpert on Klay
Irving on Barnes/Iggy
LeBron on Green
Thompson on Bogut

Theoretically it works, but there's the possibility Irving gets roasted by Barnes or Iggy. Irving NEEDS to step up.

Also, Shumpert and LeBron needs to switch everytime Klay goes through that low baseline strong side pindown heading to elbow or corner 3.

Now that you put it like this, actually that ain't too bad. Since Barnes and Iggy aren't great offensive players, I can see this working for them to have a chance. Not bad but sad this seems like one of their best options. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom