The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with this, but you have to have known everyone was gonna run through that man once he came in with that new wig piece. That's what he was known for as a knick
roll.gif

"wig piece"

I agree with this, but you have to have known everyone was gonna run through that man once he came in with that new wig piece. That's what he was known for as a knick
Oh is that what yall calling african american hair? Its his actual hair man. Chill out

I mean...he does have a point. Jerry West was the man and all, but MJ supersedes anything Jerry West has done, besides front office work in the NBA.

NBA logo is too iconic though. Can't change it now. Same way you can't change MLB logo. NFL logo didn't change, as much as it was tweaked.

I do think the NBA should change the name of the Finals trophy though. Larry O'Brien wasn't a good commissioner and stunted the league's growth, more than anything.

Way too much attention is being focused on lebron and the cavs and not the warriors flat out greatness.

Stop listening to sportswriters who's jobs it is to romanticize basketball in a way that makes it easy for the casuals. Y'all better than that. "Lebron has overcame his demons in the warriors" or "this is the worst supporting cast lebron has had" all that bs is for the casuals. Basketball is a team game.

And the fact of the matter is, the warriors as a team are one of, if not the greatest teams ever assembled. This would have been the fate of any team (including the cavs obviously) who would have played the warriors in the finals. People wont realize what a juggernaut we're dealing with until we're sitting on NT a year from now debating about where they rank after winning their 3rd straight title. (Barring injury or some huge roster shakeup out west)

Unless you have a team full of kd's and Kawhi's, which is not economically possible, you arent beating gsw 4 out of 7. It is what it is. As long as steph's shotmaking, finishing and gravity is at elite levels and surrounded by guys like klay draymond and eagle dollar, its impossible to defend them well enough to beat them 4 out of 7. Y'all can slander lebron, as long as y'all realize that this would be the fate of any of the other 29 teams in the league.

Said it on NT a week or so ago and i'll say it again. The team necessary to beat gsw cant be created in today's nba so as long as they stay away from injury and keep their core together, I dont see them losing. Okc came close, but you just cant equate for the type of shotmaking and 3's that they can muster at any given moment. No team in league history can match that. Even when they arent going ballistic from 3 like in this series so far, their threat and gravity is completely comprimising the cavs entire defense and would do so to any other team in the league.

So yeah, the cavs are with fatal flaws that make this a terrible matchup for them, but this is a terrible matchup for just about any team in league history. More about the warriors, less about the cavs

too much seriousness in this post famb

i think why lebron is getting so much attention is cuz everybody said last year he won 2 games ALL BY HIMSELF and would have won the series if his team were healthy. now they're health and gettttttting smacked bruhbruh.

OKC showed the blue print. Timberwolves will dethrone them. A elite big man who can guard the perimiter stops all of that

OKC showed the blueprint except

1) they are only team that can do what they did against gsw with their length and size

And

2) the thunder got killed from 3 over the last half of that series. You have to be able to make 3's at an absurd rate to keep up with gsw to which no other team in the league can

Unless you have a bunch of kd's and kawhi's, guys who are elite shooters, can playmake, and have the length and defensive size to switch everything, you wont beat them and there aint a team out there with the roster make up such as this.

Oh is that what yall calling african american hair? Its his actual hair man. Chill out
It is real hair, but if that's what his focus was between gm1 and gm2 then Lebron shouldn't shoulder all of this blame. His team mates aren't who people though that they were. I honestly think they're failing him and not Lebron failing, if that makes sense. Dude going into game 2 looking stupid, and reflecting as such in his play.

Do you guys see a Whiteside working out in GS? that dude is a rebound and shot blocking machine. A beast. That dudes game is tough, at times. He has looked ordinary at times too though

Bogut has another season in him, maybe two.

They should offer him the max because KD isn't coming.

They'll have his prime for 5-6 years, he's going to dominate wherever he goes, he's still scratching the surface.

On a team like GSW, it would be too easy for him to flourish.

They should offer him the max because KD isn't coming.

They'll have his prime for 5-6 years, he's going to dominate wherever he goes, he's still scratching the surface.

On a team like GSW, it would be too easy for him to flourish.
But I think Whiteside is in a position where he thinks that he deserves the ball as an actual option on offense, GSW doesn't do that. They lob to Bogut, so for all of that he can stay in the 305.

what Dubs need is either another mobile big or a bona fide slasher to make opponents pay for when they spread their d out

They get either one and I don't see OKC taking them to 7 again

Mobile Big? Isn't that Ezeli?

Slasher? Isn't that supposed to be Iggy and Barnes?

The Warriors do not need anything else. They're fine the way they are. Maybe they could upgrade in Center and get someone who can bang, rebound and get easy points in the post if needed. Basically a more offensive Bogut :lol:

That's basically all they need. :lol: I hate the fact I keep quotin you too, stop makin sense b :lol:

I think LeBron is just exhausted he's been in the finals 6 straight times with no real off season to recover. This cast could beat the dubs but imo it's still bron doing everything and hopefully some else shows up. Kyrie hasn't been balling. (I'm a HUGE Kyrie fan) the entire squad hasn't been balling. JR had what 7 points in 2 games love had 5 in game 2 (granted he was hurt). LeBron can win with this team they just need to learn to do what Wade did

So I mentioned yesterday after the game that I have no idea how many games it would take the Cavaliers to beat the Warriors 4 times.  I know it isnt 5 (which they would have to do to win a ring).

How many do you guys think?  Realistically?  How many Cavs vs. Warriors games would have to be played for the Cavs to get to 4 wins?

So I mentioned yesterday after the game that I have no idea how many games it would take the Cavaliers to beat the Warriors 4 times.  I know it isnt 5 (which they would have to do to win a ring).

How many do you guys think?  Realistically?  How many Cavs vs. Warriors games would have to be played for the Cavs to get to 4 wins?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

Find those answers and you'll have the answer you seek

Way too much attention is being focused on lebron and the cavs and not the warriors flat out greatness.

Stop listening to sportswriters who's jobs it is to romanticize basketball in a way that makes it easy for the casuals. Y'all better than that. "Lebron has overcame his demons in the warriors" or "this is the worst supporting cast lebron has had" all that bs is for the casuals. Basketball is a team game.

And the fact of the matter is, the warriors as a team are one of, if not the greatest teams ever assembled. This would have been the fate of any team (including the cavs obviously) who would have played the warriors in the finals. People wont realize what a juggernaut we're dealing with until we're sitting on NT a year from now debating about where they rank after winning their 3rd straight title. (Barring injury or some huge roster shakeup out west)

Unless you have a team full of kd's and Kawhi's, which is not economically possible, you arent beating gsw 4 out of 7. It is what it is. As long as steph's shotmaking, finishing and gravity is at elite levels and surrounded by guys like klay draymond and eagle dollar, its impossible to defend them well enough to beat them 4 out of 7. Y'all can slander lebron, as long as y'all realize that this would be the fate of any of the other 29 teams in the league.

Said it on NT a week or so ago and i'll say it again. The team necessary to beat gsw cant be created in today's nba so as long as they stay away from injury and keep their core together, I dont see them losing. Okc came close, but you just cant equate for the type of shotmaking and 3's that they can muster at any given moment. No team in league history can match that. Even when they arent going ballistic from 3 like in this series so far, their threat and gravity is completely comprimising the cavs entire defense and would do so to any other team in the league.

So yeah, the cavs are with fatal flaws that make this a terrible matchup for them, but this is a terrible matchup for just about any team in league history. More about the warriors, less about the cavs

Couldn't have said better. Repped.

But I think Whiteside is in a position where he thinks that he deserves the ball as an actual option on offense, GSW doesn't do that. They lob to Bogut, so for all of that he can stay in the 305.

MIA are trying to offer him less than the Max and with Barnes gone, GSW can run offense for him and he's a better shooter than Bogut or Festus.

Last edited:
OKC showed the blueprint except

1) they are only team that can do what they did against gsw with their length and size

And

2) the thunder got killed from 3 over the last half of that series. You have to be able to make 3's at an absurd rate to keep up with gsw to which no other team in the league can

Unless you have a bunch of kd's and kawhi's, guys who are elite shooters, can playmake, and have the length and defensive size to switch everything, you wont beat them and there aint a team out there with the roster make up such as this.

OKC got them on the ropes with only 1 KD. Not sure why you think you need a team of elite wings. They would've beat them if they didn't fall back to bad habits when GS hit them with some haymakers. This was a team with no backup PG depending on Dion Waiters, Kanter, and Roberson. Not the perfect squad by any means.

GS is the best team I've ever seen but they're not unbeatable.

I think LeBron is just exhausted he's been in the finals 6 straight times with no real off season to recover. This cast could beat the dubs but imo it's still bron doing everything and hopefully some else shows up. Kyrie hasn't been balling. (I'm a HUGE Kyrie fan) the entire squad hasn't been balling. JR had what 7 points in 2 games love had 5 in game 2 (granted he was hurt). LeBron can win with this team they just need to learn to do what Wade did
terrible. exhausted after 2 games? each game has at least 2 days in between it.... and hes swept with weeks off in between series all post season. exactly how much rest should he need? even if he went to finals every year, theres still MONTHS off in between. he even takes breaks during the season now. they were discussing whether or not the cavs were getting TOO much rest from steamrolling the east. this is not a valid excuse at all.

jr had 7 points because hes not shooting AND is being iced out of the offense. love had 5 because hes a *****. u said "he was hurt" despite after his best carmelo dead in the paint imitation he got up then sunk a 3 the next play. dude had a headache and yall talking about he was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom