The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone post the video from sunday night of the Cleveland fans jumping on dudes truck and he hits them with the gas/brake and they all fall off? 
roll.gif

sheed are a real g though.

and sheed said that time period was fake too. **** his quote is literaly at the top of this screen.
They declared it a holiday :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Cmon b

I'm rolling at this b. Ohio grasping at straws for anything to say above water. A sports related holiday? 5...stop it.

if they lose next year, back to existential irrelevance?

Why is that funny? I don't think you fully grasp the magnitude of what they just did.

No shade, but many of us don't. To us, it's just a sport. The BEST sport, but a sport. We see it as a championship for the year which is a big deal. But I don't think championships have meant this much to any city as much as Cleveland because they're the only major city who could never get one, until now. Cleveland seems to literally have used this to feel like the city is worth something. As if their entire value hinged on winning a championship. I can't think of any city like that besides Cleveland

Last edited:

Clippers are to the west coast what the Knicks are to the East.
clippers are to the Lakers what the Nets are to the Knicks :smile: (team b)
Lakers historically are better than all 3. NY area basketball has been bad for years, and when they were good it didn't last. 

NYK has BK beat in terms of fan base, but who gives a **** about the size of a fan base?
Clips and Nets have been better than the Lakers and Knicks of late yet they still second fiddle. MSG is still the Mecca of basketball no matter what :rofl:

Why is that funny? I don't think you fully grasp the magnitude of what they just did.

No shade, but many of us don't. To us, it's just a sport. The BEST sport, but a sport. We see it as a championship for the year which is a big deal. But I don't think championships have meant this much to any city as much as Cleveland because they're the only major city who could never get one, until now. Cleveland seems to literally have used this to feel like the city is worth something. As if their entire value hinged on winning a championship. I can't think of any city like that besides Cleveland

Agreed. Good perspective.

and it's actually sad. That a city. A state. would place all of its faith. All of its hopes and dreams. All of its self confidence...on if a ball goes in a hoop, through a goal or out of the park.

I'm happy for them in the sense that it seems they're really happy, and then I'm kind of sad for them that THIS is all they have.

Cavs lose or when bron retires...ohio is Bolivia.

On the other side, Idk why they so sensitive, like Ohio State hasnt been flourishing for years. Wins are wins b.

Last edited:
Win a championship?  For any other major city that isn't a holiday.

explain the magnitude

Uh for one Cleveland isn't the biggest city. It's kind of close knit for it to be so small. They've had franchises in the three major sports for almost ALL of those sports respective existence, had a history of winning in two of those sports and hadn't won ANYTHING in ANY sport for half a century. It's one of the most rabid, loyal fan bases in the entire country. Oh and there's that whole thing where the same kid that grew up in this same community(Akron and Cleveland are completely different but we're close enough where you know plenty of people in either city) just brought a championship to them/us. It's much much much bigger than just a championship.

Win a championship?  For any other major city that isn't a holiday.

explain the magnitude

Uh for one Cleveland isn't the biggest city. It's kind of close knit for it to be so small. They've had franchises in the three major sports for almost ALL of those sports respective existence, had a history of winning in two of those sports and hadn't won ANYTHING in ANY sport for half a century. It's one of the most rabid, loyal fan bases in the entire country. Oh and there's that whole thing where the same kid that grew up in this same community(Akron and Cleveland are completely different but we're close enough where you know plenty of people in either city) just brought a championship to them/us. It's much much much bigger than just a championship.

I can dig it. That's cool. Are you at the parade bro? Take pix!

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuh :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: is that Cleveland from Family guy talking?!?!?!?!?

Cleveland in Cleveland?

'Hey bro, heard you like Cleveland so we put Cleveland in your Cleveland so when you Cleveland you can Cleveland with your Cleveland'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom