The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie hit the shot, so did Kerr, so did Paxson, so did Horry, so did Kenny Smif. Doesn't take away that Bron lead the finals in literally every stat, never been done before in the playoffs period much less the finals. Just goes to prove no superstar does it alone and that's why the Cavaliers won a championship and not just LeBron, but I still feel like LeBron was fmvp and only haters would suggest otherwise. Big shot by Kyrie no doubt though, onions! JR running Iggy down and turning that into a double pump layup instead of a dunk set him up too and shouldn't be overlooked. Everyone contributes

Thank you sir. The reaching to discredit Lebron is really sad.
I agree but comparing Irving to Paxson etc is disrespectful :lol: at least give Irving a Pippen comparison :rofl: Pax never averaged more than 9pts in the playoffs/finals

Last edited:
I was not saying he didn't deserve the FMVP at all he definitely deserved it. Just saying Kyrie deserves a lot of love for that shot is all

If that dunk would have went down at the end that would have been epic.

Kyrie hit the shot, so did Kerr, so did Paxson, so did Horry, so did Kenny Smif. Doesn't take away that Bron lead the finals in literally every stat, never been done before in the playoffs period much less the finals. Just goes to prove no superstar does it alone and that's why the Cavaliers won a championship and not just LeBron, but I still feel like LeBron was fmvp and only haters would suggest otherwise. Big shot by Kyrie no doubt though, onions! JR running Iggy down and turning that into a double pump layup instead of a dunk set him up too and shouldn't be overlooked. Everyone contributes

Only cowardly chumps would disagree with this

i agree with that. Lebron corny as hell for showing off dunks during pre games, hinting doing the contest, but never entering. :smh: I'm positive he was afraid to take the L. Jordan lost to Spud Webb, so I don't see why he was afraid.

MJ didn't lose to Spud Webb. He was hurt that year. MJ SHOULD have lost to Dominique in '88, but it was in Chicago.

You right

Moreso just the timing of the shots and the glamorization of the "game winner" over everything else that happened the previous 47 minutes and the way people hold up that a teammate did something, to try to disceedit Bron or whoever the convo is about at the time. Ofcourse, Kyrie would wash all those dudes. Especially Jordan dudes,;yall act like he averaged 100ppg 40rpg, just basically Infiniti all through his box score and 4 other schmoes who did nothing.

Last edited:
Rawdog did a pretty darn good job calling out peeps in the surpassing thread. Not sure what more we could see except older comments :lol:

Honestly Kyrie and LeBron should've been Co mvps. It's obvious as hell that Kyrie is pretty effing valuable.

And that is probably the closest you'll probably hear me say something positive about LeBron.

I feel dirty.

Last edited:
Co-MVP's would have been cool. Nobody would complain about that. They both were deserving

And honestly, who really cares about Finals MVP. Really doesn't mean all that much, in my opinion. You win it for a series you lose, how can you celebrate it? You win it for a series you win? You're celebrating the championship way more than the MVP title.

You think anyone on GSW from last years team thinks "man, its not complete without winning the Finals MVP. Damn you Iggy!!!"

Last edited:
Kyrie been getting mad love for that shot. Everyone knows that's one of the biggest shots in Finals history. They both had a great series and I don't think Cleveland is winning without both of them. Don't think Kyrie really cares, he hit a huge shot and won a ring. I'm sure he's happy as hell right now.

Last edited:

they should cut a few teams out of the playoffs in basketball. out of the 3 major  sports i think football has it right with 12 teams making the playoffs. 
100%

It gets absurd in every sports thread reading how someone is great or not great based on how many championships they won or didn't win.

It gets absurd in every sports thread reading how someone is great or not great based on how many championships they won or didn't win.

Again, people don't acknowledge that team sports ARE team sports. 

We can blame Jordan for this honestly. This, "One man show" approach to analyzing basketball. Well, blame the NBA with the whole Bird vs. Magic promotion.

It is annoying man because people live and die by it when it comes to arguments.

As if it is Barkley, Stockton, Malone, CP3, KD's fault that their TEAMS have not won a championship.

It really pisses me off
AGREED

They better let Shannon Sharpe on that firetruck
Didn't Sharpe call the Cavs victory when he was on First Take a few weeks ago? Crazy....

Last edited:
good riddance to skip bayless. Once you realize his act, his whole scheme gets old. Literally Sports entertainment. Comments just to get a rise out of people.

@FinallyFamous  in 2 minutes...

nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom