The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me dead what you tried to dead:

Jordan never won a single championship. The Bulls won them. Jordan, Pippen, PJax, Kerr, Armstrong, Wennington, Rodman, Ho.Grant, Simpkins, Dele, Harper, Kukoc... the BULLS. Not the JORDANS.

And no, Jordan was NOT 'the offense'. I remember quite well watching other people score... a LOT.
People don't get the concept of team around here. Don't even bother

Ppl should actually watch the full games. They're pretty easy to access. Seems like most dudes watch highlight reels & think he scored all the points :lol:

That Keko dude sounds like a full on Kobe Stan. Hate that he's gotta use my fave player in bios delusional arguements.

MJ the goat but he wasn't infallible.

Dude prob believes that Santa and superman are real too

Reactions: OTG
Who is saying James passed Jordan? It's pretty universal that 23 or Kareem is the GOAT. I'm sure there are a few outlier opinions but no need to just jump in with Mike's defense. He doesn't need defending...peeps know his greatness

Peeps were even slandering Riley during this. Talking about how Lebby actually has a well behaved daughter. Social media has no chill
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I watched that press conference and she was just sitting there all quiet and shy while not doing anything which made her even more adorable. 
frown.gif

Peeps were even slandering Riley during this. Talking about how Lebby actually has a well behaved daughter. Social media has no chill :lol: :smh:

People really do the Suge Knight "she don't be all in the videos" quote when comparing their families :lol:

i agree with that. Lebron corny as hell for showing off dunks during pre games, hinting doing the contest, but never entering. :smh: I'm positive he was afraid to take the L. Jordan lost to Spud Webb, so I don't see why he was afraid.

MJ didn't lose to Spud Webb. He was hurt that year. MJ SHOULD have lost to Dominique in '88, but it was in Chicago.

I still can't believe these three point mother chuckers got exposed. FINALLY!!!

FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

I know man, they should start finding another gimicky playing style/strategy because jacking up threes in every possession is getting extremely dull to watch.

Call me old fashioned but that's just not how the game was meant to be played.

Last edited:
People really do the Suge Knight "she don't be all in the videos" quote when comparing their families
laugh.gif
Can't really blame the families it all their father's choices..Lebron chooses to protect his family from the spotlight because he knows people will go to no end to disrespect him so his family acts accordingly. Thats why when Lebron lost the jokes were on him, you didn't  see memes and the social media backlash involving his wife and kids being attacked.

Just my 2 cents:
Jordan > Lebron...but bron got time

Draymon plays in game 5 its over
Steph, Draymon and Barnes had 3s in game 7 late that were good clean looks that if they would have made 1 of them they could have won
Bron put up rediculous numbers but the biggest play of the finals was Kyrie hitting that 3. I don't now why that isn't getting more attention for just a casual pull up 3 with the score tied. That was ice water.

Congrats to Bron and cleveland though. At the end of the day live by the 3 die by the 3 and not having any big man underneath...every possession it seemed like Cleveland was getting an offensive rebound. (Tristan a beast)

Cleveland deserved it well played

Phil Jackson :pimp:

“...but to play for 3pt shot is an error. Penetration, first principal of offense.”

“the 3pt shot is not the be all end all of basketball.”

Phil Jackson :pimp:

“...but to play for 3pt shot is an error. Penetration, first principal of offense.”

“the 3pt shot is not the be all end all of basketball.”

Not too long ago dudes were acting like Phil ain't know what he was talking about

Now the GSW's play style is a gimmick? 

Win a ring

Win 73 games

1 game from 2-peating

They are fluke and gimmicky?

Why the #ntExtremes man?

:smh: there's still people that think Kobe is better??? Lmao

Let me know when Kobe led his team back from a 3-1 deficit with no home court advantage.

Better yet, let me know when Kobe led a playoff series, let alone the finals, in damn near every statistical category not just on his team but the opposing team as well.

I'm in the Lebron is better than Kobe group, but not because of the statements above. Winning down 3-1 with no home court advantage isn't the reason why Lebron is better. Leading in every statistical category also isn't a reason why Lebron is better. These have no bearing.

Lebron is just better because he's, plain and simple, a better basketball player.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It gets absurd in every sports thread reading how someone is great or not great based on how many championships they won or didn't win.

Of course it's part of the equation but, at the end of the day, it comes down to who was the better player and that just comes down to who was the better player.

If you're at the gym picking teams, you don't choose the guy who won the most. You choose the guy who is the best at playing the game.

Resorting to looking at just winning is laziness. No better than trying to talk football with someone who only watched the super bowl.

Art is something that's still an on paper, wall, books, etc. I don't have to be in 1500's to realize art is beautiful.

I just can't truly say Bill Russell is a top 5 player without seeing anything more than a few highlights. I can say top 50 because its not nearly as specific.

I might have watched 10 minutes of Bill Russell or Wilt highlights in my lifetime. What the hell do i really know?

Art, music, you don't have to be from that era to give a true opinion about it. Sports, I do think you need to watch more than a few highlights to have an educated opinion.

My opinion. Its why i rarely venture into sports threads. At 41, I just feel stupid arguing with a 20 year about the 80's and 90's era of basketball. How can i argue with someone about Magic/Bird/Malone when they were still in the nut sack? Because they watched NBA TV?
I agree completely about basketball but not about art. Sure you can say you like art without having to be an expert. Same like you can like music or the way someone plays. But to really appreciate art you need to study it, you need to know the life of the painter and the era they were living in, what inspired them and how their work evolved, the city they lived in, etc. And then you know the art, at least as much as you can without having lived in that era.

Likewise if all you saw was one clip of LeBron blocking Curry, do you think you understand? Or does it not add to the story to know that LeBron left Cleveland but then came back, to know how much of a favorite GSW was, to know how every pundit was discussing GSW as the greatest ever, to know that no one thought you could come back from 3-1, the doubts over LeBron in crunch time, and a million other things. The next generation is not going to get that from watching a clip on espn classic in 30 years.

Last edited:
It gets absurd in every sports thread reading how someone is great or not great based on how many championships they won or didn't win.

Again, people don't acknowledge that team sports ARE team sports. 

We can blame Jordan for this honestly. This, "One man show" approach to analyzing basketball. Well, blame the NBA with the whole Bird vs. Magic promotion.

It is annoying man because people live and die by it when it comes to arguments.

As if it is Barkley, Stockton, Malone, CP3, KD's fault that their TEAMS have not won a championship.

It really pisses me off

Now the GSW's play style is a gimmick? 

Win a ring
Win 73 games
1 game from 2-peating

They are fluke and gimmicky?

Why the #ntExtremes man?
Not a gimmick. Statistically they still had a top 5 season of all time.

But the weakness was exposed. Which is, no matter how good you get at 3s, once your shooting gets off you're still in trouble if you can't rely on other skills. If we believe that Curry struggled because of an injury, it is because it was minor but enough to throw off his precisely executed long balls that have a slim margin of error. Contrast that to someone who drives or creates open shots for others, something that can be done even when you have the flu or a sprained ankle. Or the intense adrenaline of a game 7.

They won a championship last year so they are still the best team of the past 2 years, just not as invincible as I thought.

But yes i admit i have engaged in the extremes because i don't like Curry's smug face.

Last edited:
I questioned someone on here about their comment regarding how the kids acted. Didn't get a response

GS just does what they are best at. Why would they change their style? Start trying to run a triangle or pound the paint because that's 'how basketball is played'? That doesn't make sense, especially since I subscribe to the Paul Heyman theory of 'accentuate the positives and hide the negatives'

Who is saying James passed Jordan? It's pretty universal that 23 or Kareem is the GOAT. I'm sure there are a few outlier opinions but no need to just jump in with Mike's defense. He doesn't need defending...peeps know his greatness
23 is universal. Anyone after that is debatable. 

I questioned someone on here about their comment regarding how the kids acted. Didn't get a response

GS just does what they are best at. Why would they change their style? Start trying to run a triangle or pound the paint because that's 'how basketball is played'? That doesn't make sense, especially since I subscribe to the Paul Heyman theory of 'accentuate the positives and hide the negatives'
I think I missed your comment about the kids...In my opinion Bron's family seems more humble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom