The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Well Vet, if you paid attention the whole time, this was never a negotiation.  From jump people have been saying this lockout was going to happen, and back LAST YEAR there was talk it wouldn't just be one season, but multiple seasons.  Sure we get our hopes up, and get fed bs that a deal is close but over time it's looking more and more and more like the season and possibly more is going away. 

So all your leverage talk is for naught.  The owners knew exactly what they were doing and where it was all headed. 

Answer yourself this, were they ever negotiating in good faith?  Did they ever allow anything to the players?  Did they say yes to anything?  No right?  So far they have only taken taken and taken more, that's "negotiating' to you? 

Stop thinking this is actual business, with actual negotiating going on.  That's not what's goin on. 

Well Vet, if you paid attention the whole time, this was never a negotiation.  From jump people have been saying this lockout was going to happen, and back LAST YEAR there was talk it wouldn't just be one season, but multiple seasons.  Sure we get our hopes up, and get fed bs that a deal is close but over time it's looking more and more and more like the season and possibly more is going away. 

So all your leverage talk is for naught.  The owners knew exactly what they were doing and where it was all headed. 

Answer yourself this, were they ever negotiating in good faith?  Did they ever allow anything to the players?  Did they say yes to anything?  No right?  So far they have only taken taken and taken more, that's "negotiating' to you? 

Stop thinking this is actual business, with actual negotiating going on.  That's not what's goin on. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

SAS is a moron.

*Not even 3 minutes in and this dude SAS called the players foolish and that he's ashamed of them
indifferent.gif

now yall tell me what he said that was wrong? he never said he didnt agree with fighting for there rights or that the owners where trying to rape them. he backs the players

his whole point was they had leverage at this point and never did so should of took this deal because it will never get better.

I didn't even know what he said. I actually agree with that.
But SAS is still a moron.
laugh.gif

now yall tell me what he said that was wrong? he never said he didnt agree with fighting for there rights or that the owners where trying to rape them. he backs the players

his whole point was they had leverage at this point and never did so should of took this deal because it will never get better.
I didn't listen to the entire podcast, but from what I recall he said that the players never had any leverage and should have taken the deal...which is fine. But the way SAS presented his argument talking about feeling ashamed and what not is pretty stupid IMO. When he started to support that statement with facts about black unemployment I just turned it off. I'm sure he probably was going to continue on about how the players were turning down millions in this economy being foolish, but they have that right. Obviously they're doing it because of something they believe strongly in, who is he to tell them that they're doing the wrong thing?

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

SAS is a moron.

*Not even 3 minutes in and this dude SAS called the players foolish and that he's ashamed of them
indifferent.gif

I didn't even know what he said. I actually agree with that.
But SAS is still a moron.
laugh.gif

I didn't listen to the entire podcast, but from what I recall he said that the players never had any leverage and should have taken the deal...which is fine. But the way SAS presented his argument talking about feeling ashamed and what not is pretty stupid IMO. When he started to support that statement with facts about black unemployment I just turned it off. I'm sure he probably was going to continue on about how the players were turning down millions in this economy being foolish, but they have that right. Obviously they're doing it because of something they believe strongly in, who is he to tell them that they're doing the wrong thing?

I hope they spend all of their millions and are forced to join the working class like us. Then they'll appreciate what they've got.

I hope they spend all of their millions and are forced to join the working class like us. Then they'll appreciate what they've got.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

MoNeyLiCiouS wrote:

Sweeping > championships?

Really?? Lol

Can you quote where someone said such a thing?

Sure.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Man posts like this used to really piss me off.

Sorry but y'all could have won 28 championships in my lifetime but the fact that we broomed y'all !**@+ and are champions are now it just doesn't bother me one bit
pimp.gif

And you added this..

Back to back sweep....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So you're gonna sit here and go into history to laugh at the Lakers when we got swept in back to back years? Do you really wanna compare histories?
roll.gif

MoNeyLiCiouS wrote:

Sweeping > championships?

Really?? Lol

Can you quote where someone said such a thing?

Sure.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Man posts like this used to really piss me off.

Sorry but y'all could have won 28 championships in my lifetime but the fact that we broomed y'all !**@+ and are champions are now it just doesn't bother me one bit
pimp.gif

And you added this..

Back to back sweep....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So you're gonna sit here and go into history to laugh at the Lakers when we got swept in back to back years? Do you really wanna compare histories?
roll.gif

As soon as the owners offered them that first deal with 37% of the BRI, they should've decertified.

As soon as the owners offered them that first deal with 37% of the BRI, they should've decertified.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Back to back sweep....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Back to back to back titles.  But you don't know anything about that now do you? 
wink.gif
  Except that you lost to us 2 of those years.  Back to back, including a sweep.........

Then we went back to back again later.  Ever done that? 
nerd.gif
  Oh, see ya. 

Vet, as per usual, play dumb, I hear ya.  Come thru, run your mouth about the Lakers/Shaq/Kobe nonsense which is nothing to this thread, then quote someone on a meaningless phrase that's not even remotely meaningful, and then I ask if you'll contribute anything worthy and you play dumb. 
laugh.gif

But at least now you finally gave a response and your reasoning behind it, so I'm good with that.  You're wrong, but it's your opinion and that's cool.  I've already typed 10 million words in this thread about the players and owners, I'm not gonna try and change your mind. 

laugh.gif
 Taking this forum way too serious much? 
seasoned vet wrote:

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

NBA Players are idiots. I have no sympathy for these clowns.
Are you going to say anything meaningful in here, or just troll as per usual?  I'm asking a serious question.  

....W.......TF.......are you talking about?

laugh.gif
 @ "I'm asking a serious question", i wasnt responding or talking to YOU you %$%+!%# clown...

.....what i have to say is what you quoted, and exactly how i feel about the entire situation. you mad?

^ THIS! 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back to back sweep....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Back to back to back titles.  But you don't know anything about that now do you? 
wink.gif
  Except that you lost to us 2 of those years.  Back to back, including a sweep.........

Then we went back to back again later.  Ever done that? 
nerd.gif
  Oh, see ya. 

Vet, as per usual, play dumb, I hear ya.  Come thru, run your mouth about the Lakers/Shaq/Kobe nonsense which is nothing to this thread, then quote someone on a meaningless phrase that's not even remotely meaningful, and then I ask if you'll contribute anything worthy and you play dumb. 
laugh.gif

But at least now you finally gave a response and your reasoning behind it, so I'm good with that.  You're wrong, but it's your opinion and that's cool.  I've already typed 10 million words in this thread about the players and owners, I'm not gonna try and change your mind. 

laugh.gif
 Taking this forum way too serious much? 
seasoned vet wrote:

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

NBA Players are idiots. I have no sympathy for these clowns.
Are you going to say anything meaningful in here, or just troll as per usual?  I'm asking a serious question.  

....W.......TF.......are you talking about?

laugh.gif
 @ "I'm asking a serious question", i wasnt responding or talking to YOU you %$%+!%# clown...

.....what i have to say is what you quoted, and exactly how i feel about the entire situation. you mad?

^ THIS! 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

The owners have a conference call scheduled for 2PM today, but I doubt that they will give in this early or even give in @ all.  

The owners have a conference call scheduled for 2PM today, but I doubt that they will give in this early or even give in @ all.  

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter described how incredibly stressful this situation is for him personally. DeMaurice said he understood.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
There's talk of getting a TV deal and creating a new league but it'd have to be with a network that's unafraid to cross the NBA.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy said the soft cap allows the Lakers to spend $95m on salaries when the cap is like $37m. Hard cap would cut salaries tremendously.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Both DeMaurice & Billy said the NBA owners do not currently have the will to reach a deal. To make a deal both sides must want it.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Both DeMaurice and Billy said the owners are looking to recover ears of losses based on decisions made in the last deal.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
DeMaurice Smith said a player said "I can't will my position to my son. I can't give it as a birthright. The owners can."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
DeMaurice Smith "...in order to get give back on decisions made years ago."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
DeMaurice Smith: "When I look at Stern I see no willingness to get a deal done. They want to cut off their nose to spite their face..."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The NBA is growing very fast in China. It's the most popular sport. They haven't converted that into dollars yet."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "I am concerned about the damage to the league with its fans but basketball is the fastest growing sport in the world."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "Over the past 5-6 yrs some teams have been leveraged & owners aren't making their obligations & want players to pay diff."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The players missed their first checks today."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "Maybe we can start our own league. There are faculties where we can do that. Can't play at MSG but can play at St John's."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The owners are scared of Lebron style movement and want to keep players wedded to franchises."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The players decision to blow up the union [decertify] was unanimous. They were high-fiving, sayin let's get it on!"
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The season is not yet on life support. There's still time to put on an abbreviated season."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Was at a really interesting panel today: Billy Hunter and DeMaurice Smith spoke. Some very interesting comments... pic.twitter.com/s6Mzodfr

Hunter and smith talking

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter described how incredibly stressful this situation is for him personally. DeMaurice said he understood.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
There's talk of getting a TV deal and creating a new league but it'd have to be with a network that's unafraid to cross the NBA.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy said the soft cap allows the Lakers to spend $95m on salaries when the cap is like $37m. Hard cap would cut salaries tremendously.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Both DeMaurice & Billy said the NBA owners do not currently have the will to reach a deal. To make a deal both sides must want it.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Both DeMaurice and Billy said the owners are looking to recover ears of losses based on decisions made in the last deal.
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
DeMaurice Smith said a player said "I can't will my position to my son. I can't give it as a birthright. The owners can."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
DeMaurice Smith "...in order to get give back on decisions made years ago."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
DeMaurice Smith: "When I look at Stern I see no willingness to get a deal done. They want to cut off their nose to spite their face..."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The NBA is growing very fast in China. It's the most popular sport. They haven't converted that into dollars yet."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "I am concerned about the damage to the league with its fans but basketball is the fastest growing sport in the world."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "Over the past 5-6 yrs some teams have been leveraged & owners aren't making their obligations & want players to pay diff."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The players missed their first checks today."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "Maybe we can start our own league. There are faculties where we can do that. Can't play at MSG but can play at St John's."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The owners are scared of Lebron style movement and want to keep players wedded to franchises."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The players decision to blow up the union [decertify] was unanimous. They were high-fiving, sayin let's get it on!"
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Billy Hunter: "The season is not yet on life support. There's still time to put on an abbreviated season."
14 hours ago

Toure Touré
Was at a really interesting panel today: Billy Hunter and DeMaurice Smith spoke. Some very interesting comments... pic.twitter.com/s6Mzodfr

Hunter and smith talking

MoNeyLiCiouS wrote:
roll.gif

Um didn't you see CP1708's post? He  forgot that one year they got swept. I was just adding on.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom