The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Originally Posted by peanut214

TheGoldenChild wrote:
as much as i love this game, the balance of it is not good at all. cause you'll never see people play as kratos, or stryker, or noob. most of it is always the same characters, kung lao, scorpion, smoke, sub zero etc. they really need to fix that.

The balance of this game is really good. All those patches we have been getting for this game has been balancing the game very well. Some characters even got buffs ( jax, nightwolf, sheeva ). Have you watched the tournament videos that I just posted ? A sektor player won the tournament. Now thats impressive. Also krayzie bone used a variety of fighters such as jade, jax, sonya and nightwolf which is rare in mk tournaments. Nightwolf is heavily slept on but he's a beast and high tier for sure. Best believe that homie. This game is still new to alot of people. Give it some time and you will see a large variety of different characters in tournaments. Also kratos is banned in tournaments so don't expect people to fight with him. And I think I only seen a scorpion player in like one tournament if I can recall. No one really plays with him but there's a cat by the name emperor infusion which is my PSN friend thats a beast with scorpion. He's tight with check ( high level mk player ) and he's from da bronx.
kratos is banned cause he's ps3 exclusive? what i've seen from the things you've posted, most characters people play with is kung lao, reptile, subzero, smoke. even tom brady said best character by far is kung lao, nerfed or not. he's got the best anti air, best xray, best combo, best moves. im not so sure if we will see a lot different characters in tournament play. even those patches dont help, all it does is desynch the game more.. and james chen said that we know about 80% or so about mk9. not a lot of debt. which is kinda true, in my opinion, there is more emphasis on special moves than combos.

even though there arent a lot of scorpion players in tournament play, online is all you see. i dont see a lot of noob saibot players out there... not cool man...

TheGoldenChild wrote:
as much as i love this game, the balance of it is not good at all. cause you'll never see people play as kratos, or stryker, or noob. most of it is always the same characters, kung lao, scorpion, smoke, sub zero etc. they really need to fix that.

The balance of this game is really good. All those patches we have been getting for this game has been balancing the game very well. Some characters even got buffs ( jax, nightwolf, sheeva ). Have you watched the tournament videos that I just posted ? A sektor player won the tournament. Now thats impressive. Also krayzie bone used a variety of fighters such as jade, jax, sonya and nightwolf which is rare in mk tournaments. Nightwolf is heavily slept on but he's a beast and high tier for sure. Best believe that homie. This game is still new to alot of people. Give it some time and you will see a large variety of different characters in tournaments. Also kratos is banned in tournaments so don't expect people to fight with him. And I think I only seen a scorpion player in like one tournament if I can recall. No one really plays with him but there's a cat by the name emperor infusion which is my PSN friend thats a beast with scorpion. He's tight with check ( high level mk player ) and he's from da bronx.
kratos is banned cause he's ps3 exclusive? what i've seen from the things you've posted, most characters people play with is kung lao, reptile, subzero, smoke. even tom brady said best character by far is kung lao, nerfed or not. he's got the best anti air, best xray, best combo, best moves. im not so sure if we will see a lot different characters in tournament play. even those patches dont help, all it does is desynch the game more.. and james chen said that we know about 80% or so about mk9. not a lot of debt. which is kinda true, in my opinion, there is more emphasis on special moves than combos.

even though there arent a lot of scorpion players in tournament play, online is all you see. i dont see a lot of noob saibot players out there... not cool man...

I play with Shang tsang (sp?) and I hardly ever run into anyone using him. I was surprised when Tom Brady said he was the second best character in the game. I really enjoy playing with him but his wakeup is poo.

I play with Shang tsang (sp?) and I hardly ever run into anyone using him. I was surprised when Tom Brady said he was the second best character in the game. I really enjoy playing with him but his wakeup is poo.

Originally Posted by bC

dont like shang tsung, he's too slow in my mind. but his soul steal and then xray, is almost 50%...oh well... still dont like him

Originally Posted by bC

dont like shang tsung, he's too slow in my mind. but his soul steal and then xray, is almost 50%...oh well... still dont like him

To download the Skarlet DLC and compatibility pack, you go right to Downloadable Kontent right? Mine doesn't find any stuff to download.
frown.gif
Ive been wanting to get that Cryax and Sektor Klassic skins.

To download the Skarlet DLC and compatibility pack, you go right to Downloadable Kontent right? Mine doesn't find any stuff to download.
frown.gif
Ive been wanting to get that Cryax and Sektor Klassic skins.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

TheGoldenChild wrote:

I think we can all agree that Kung Lao is # 1. Also their are a couple high level players that use noob saibot for instance RIP ( HIGH LEVEL TEKKEN PLAYER ) and Tomahawk has to be one of the best noob saibot players right now in the mk tournament scene. And yes there alot of scorpion players online but how many play with him at very high skilled level ? Not to many thats for sure. Look up emperor infusion and you will see a high level scorpion right there.
pimp.gif

TheGoldenChild wrote:

I think we can all agree that Kung Lao is # 1. Also their are a couple high level players that use noob saibot for instance RIP ( HIGH LEVEL TEKKEN PLAYER ) and Tomahawk has to be one of the best noob saibot players right now in the mk tournament scene. And yes there alot of scorpion players online but how many play with him at very high skilled level ? Not to many thats for sure. Look up emperor infusion and you will see a high level scorpion right there.
pimp.gif

considering copping this...does it feel anything like anything between mk4 and armageddon ?...like i know its similar 3D with the "linear fighting" (dont know the correct term lol but basically how the new street fighter was). does the gameplay feel anything like UMK3? i feel like thats when the series was in its prime.

considering copping this...does it feel anything like anything between mk4 and armageddon ?...like i know its similar 3D with the "linear fighting" (dont know the correct term lol but basically how the new street fighter was). does the gameplay feel anything like UMK3? i feel like thats when the series was in its prime.

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

The gameplay is kinda similar to MK2,UMK3, and lil bit of MK vs DC. If you enjoy playing UMK3 then im sure you will enjoy playing MK9 aswell. Go ahead and cop it homie. 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

The gameplay is kinda similar to MK2,UMK3, and lil bit of MK vs DC. If you enjoy playing UMK3 then im sure you will enjoy playing MK9 aswell. Go ahead and cop it homie. 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by bC

Him being slow is his biggest weakness but it's the tradeoff you get when you can perform 40% combos midscreen like it's nothing.  If he had a good wakeup he would be the best character in this game. His learning curve makes him rare to see online too I guess.

Kung Lao is still one of the best chars but IMO but Reptile + Cage > Lao. Especially reptile SMH.

If anyone is up for some good games against a decent Shang add me. GT= ConPHIdential

Back
Top Bottom