The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by CWrite78

yeah. but if you are running it on wifi and with the brightness all the way up it wont last 5 hrs
Just got home after letting it fully charge.... I have it running at like half brightness.. and the battery meter says 2 hours...

%%%... my old Macbook which was 2 years old lasted like 3 and a half... and that was on full brightness

Calibrated my battery...

Have blue tooth off...

I only have brightness 4 notches up... and still only 3 hours of battery life
frown.gif

okay so i got my macbook less than a month ago and the battery drains to quick, can i complain and get them to change the battery.
also like i said before it says my mac is 7 weeks old when i got it less than a month ago.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

okay so i got my macbook less than a month ago and the battery drains to quick, can i complain and get them to change the battery.
also like i said before it says my mac is 7 weeks old when i got it less than a month ago.

so it was made 7 weeks before you bought it. doesn't mean because you bought it, it was made the day before.

how do you sync or connect your 3g connection from a google G1 phone?

i just got the new macbook yesterday. so i'm basically new to all of this.
grin.gif

This really makes no sense... my old Macbook that was 2 years old had 3.5 hours of battery... this new one with a LED screen gets 3 hours and I have thebrightness turned all the way down...

The 999 Macbook at my work today showed a battery life of 4 hours...

I'm no longer telling people the 1299 has a great Battery life
roll.gif
YesI'm
mad.gif
Still

Edit According to the Coconut thing my battery is only 4100 mAh... I see some of you have 4500 to even 5000...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

This really makes no sense... my old Macbook that was 2 years old had 3.5 hours of battery... this new one with a LED screen gets 3 hours and I have the brightness turned all the way down...

The 999 Macbook at my work today showed a battery life of 4 hours...

I'm no longer telling people the 1299 has a great Battery life
roll.gif
Yes I'm
mad.gif
Still

Edit According to the Coconut thing my battery is only 4100 mAh... I see some of you have 4500 to even 5000...
ohwell.gif

well if it makes u feel better, im getting 2:45 with my macbook pro but i have it set under high performance. this is a unibody mbp

Can anyone help me out. I was trying to find the earlier page with the info on upgrading the memory on my macbook pro 15 inch i got it in 06 and it only has1gb i recently upgraded the HD now I need to get the memory in order. What site should I order from and what size do I need? Thanks

Alright... so any tips ... Safari SUCKS for niketalk... I can't use emoticons.. .I can't forum jump...
frown.gif
But right now For some reason firefox wontlet me post replies.. Never had that problem on my previous macbook
frown.gif

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Can anyone help me out. I was trying to find the earlier page with the info on upgrading the memory on my macbook pro 15 inch i got it in 06 and it only has 1gb i recently upgraded the HD now I need to get the memory in order. What site should I order from and what size do I need? Thanks

Here is a link with information, I think you can probably go up to 4GB (2x2GB): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270 Newegg.com is a great place to order parts, I replaced my memory (and just bought anew HD from there), and have not had any problems with them. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Can anyone help me out. I was trying to find the earlier page with the info on upgrading the memory on my macbook pro 15 inch i got it in 06 and it only has 1gb i recently upgraded the HD now I need to get the memory in order. What site should I order from and what size do I need? Thanks

Here is a link with information, I think you can probably go up to 4GB (2x2GB): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270 Newegg.com is a great place to order parts, I replaced my memory (and just bought a new HD from there), and have not had any problems with them. Hope this helps.

I know on my 06 Macbook I could only go up to 3 GBs... so he may only be able to do 3... it could fit 4... but would only utilize 3.3 GB's or something tothat effect

HELP!

alright, so i'm in my school's library and i cannot connect to the internet via Wireless. im connected to the internet through the ethernet cable andit's so inconvenient to find a spot.

i just got the new aluminum macbook and first time using this Operating System. any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Alright... so any tips ... Safari SUCKS for niketalk... I can't use emoticons.. .I can't forum jump...
frown.gif
But right now For some reason firefox wont let me post replies.. Never had that problem on my previous macbook
frown.gif

well, it's not safari's fault. yuku was not made to be ran at full feature on safari. but, there is a way around it. simple as changing the the postingstyle.. simply pull down the navigation tab. click on settings, go to preferences at the bottom you'll see a part that says editor type, wysiwyg should beselected it. change it to bbcode and you'll see all the crap on the reply section when u save it. with forum jumping, don't know about that but atleast u got that back. i like how it is in default.. hated all the extra stuff since i dont use any of it.
Originally Posted by segagenesis510

HELP!

alright, so i'm in my school's library and i cannot connect to the internet via Wireless. im connected to the internet through the ethernet cable and it's so inconvenient to find a spot.

i just got the new aluminum macbook and first time using this Operating System. any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

are you sure your airport is turned on? it's the triangle looking thing on the top right hand corner.

word that's true.
is there a way to use imovie with downloaded movies to cut and edit, i tried but it did not let me.
If not what program can i use.

with this huge April fools day virus thing threatening windows users, I thought it would be good to bump our Mac thread... lmfao

MACS FTW

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Here is a link with information, I think you can probably go up to 4GB (2x2GB): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270 Newegg.com is a great place to order parts, I replaced my memory (and just bought a new HD from there), and have not had any problems with them. Hope this helps.

I know on my 06 Macbook I could only go up to 3 GBs... so he may only be able to do 3... it could fit 4... but would only utilize 3.3 GB's or something to that effect
Thanks for the info..... really been needing too up my mem

Any suggested brands for mem?

question regarding battery life.

do you guys always plug your macs in when available? or do you let it drain first and then charge? i kept my dell plugged in all the time and it #*%%*! up mybattery. i dont want this to happen again.

Back
Top Bottom