The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

For the record I also posted this in the BB thread.

I have successfully tethered my BB to my MAC via Bluetooth. If you want to know how, let me know. Basically it uses the Bold's 3G connection so you can have high speed internet on your Laptop anywhere you have a 3G signal. Here is a screen shot of the speed test I took while connected to my BB. Yes the latency is a little high but the speeds are pretty good. Also the download and upload speeds are near synchronous.

any way to tether the iphone to the mac as of right now?

Hopefuly OS 3.0 comes with tethering.
Googler, my bad for taking so long to answer. Yuku was acting up yesterday.

Anyway 3.0 has the capability to do tethering...it's up to AT&T whether they are going to allow it or not. Most likely they will for a fee. I think it's a great idea, that functionality will round out the feature list for the iPhone without a doubt.

haha yeah i can't wait till 3.0 but i thought since there's a way to tether BB to mac, there's was a tweak for iphone as well but i guess we'lljust have to wait till 3.0. Tethering will be awesome but not for a fee though. It's bad enough that you're already paying 30 bucks for the data plan
laugh.gif
mad.gif

What plugin do you guys use in order to play certain videos that ask to download a plugin in order to play them?

I think I've had this battery for about 18 months...had my laptop for about two and a half years...

I have 604 load cycles on my battery
laugh.gif
The health is still at 100% though.

What plugin do you guys use in order to play certain videos that ask to download a plugin in order to play them?

the plug-in it asks for
laugh.gif
or just get VLC. that $+*% plays everything

Originally Posted by CWrite78

the plug-in it asks for
laugh.gif
or just get VLC. that $+*% plays everything
VLC does play everything.

24cwoiv.jpg

The Missing Sync for BlackBerry, version 2.0, introduces wireless sync via Bluetooth, and automatic wireless sync via Proximity Sync, so you can keep all ofyour contacts, calendars, music, photos, videos, notes and more always in sync.
Macworld Magazine gave The Missing Sync 4.5 out of 5 mice.

Synchronize contacts and calendars
The Missing Sync for BlackBerry reliably syncs contacts and calendars, and even tasks, from BlackBerry devices with iCal, Address Book and Entourage viaBluetooth or USB.

Sync with iPhoto and transfer video
The Missing Sync for BlackBerry synchronizes pictures and iPhoto albums, and transfers videos, to and from your BlackBerry. Your favorite memories aresynchronized.

Automatic sync via Bluetooth
Automatically synchronize data wirelessly between your BlackBerry and Mac using Proximity Sync. Your data syncs whenever your BlackBerry and Mac are withinrange of one another.

Sync iTunes playlists to BlackBerry
Enjoy robust and reliable syncing of iTunes playlists with your BlackBerry so you always have your favorite music with you. Also sync album art, podcasts andaudiobooks too.

Synchronize your notes and memos
Easily sync notes and memos on the BlackBerry with Entourage and Mark/Space Notebook on the Mac via Bluetooth, with Proximity Sync or via USB.

Text message and call log archiving
Now you can backup and archive text messages and call logs from your BlackBerry to your Mac for searching, sorting and safekeeping.

WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
* Wirelessly sync data via Bluetooth
* Automatic wireless sync via Proximity Sync
* Transfer videos from the Mac to BlackBerry
* Transfer videos from the BlackBerry to the Mac
* Sync iTunes playlists and album artwork №
* Archive text messages
* Archive call logs

More Info:
http://www.markspace.com/products/bl...pdt_blackberry

waht is the purpose of tethering? i went on google but I'm having trouble getting the concept.

tethering allows u to use your phone as a modem.... this is why i do it

i work in a gov't office and cannot plug my laptop into the network. so i use my touch pro to tether.... and i can do whateva i want online....

finally got my macbook
pimp.gif
x
smokin.gif
eek.gif
rofl..
i have one question..
is there a difference registering it under tiger then installing leopard or what?

2.0ghz 120hd.. 1gb ram.. etc... 2gb memory stick.. Mac Box Set..
picturew.jpg

is that the laptop in the back? i never knew the apple was white. thought the whole thing was black. but uh, no there's no difference if u register itunder tiger or leopard. it'll update it anyway

nah that is the front... when it is on it glows(saw one guy who turned the apple red).. actually just finished loading leopard..

Originally Posted by just reason

nah that is the front... when it is on it glows(saw one guy who turned the apple red).. actually just finished loading leopard..

laugh.gif
i didn't ask if that was the back of the laptop. i meant as in, being in the backdrop.

Just got my new Macbook... someone please tell me how I get Faces to work in IPhoto... on my old mac when I updated to IPhoto09.. it took awhile to sync all myphotos so it could utilize faces... it didn't do that this time when I uploaded my photos and I'm not sure how to do it... HELP! Also with the uploadto facebook option... can you have it auto tag your friends?

i missed all the battery discussion but i think their is something wrong with mine, battery life is horrible and it says 7weeks when i got it on the 14th isthere anything i could do.
8df26ae41ba6704ee5f455f16634dccc0a5c2ac7.png

I'll have to let my battery charge fully... but its at 71 percent and less than 2 hours.... arent these new macbooks supposed to be 5 hour batterys?

yeah. but if you are running it on wifi and with the brightness all the way up it wont last 5 hrs

The trackpad and keyboard on my early 08 MBP stop responding without notice. What part of the game is this?

Just recently got a Mac. Quick noob question.. How come nothing happens when I click "download" at keepvid.com?

Back
Top Bottom