The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by FifthName

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by samuelturnerr

I have 2 questions how do you get your backgrounds so clear when i do mine it looks copied, and how do you put ichat buddy list in the top left HELP PLEASEEE and how do you get that supreme and adam bomb icon

so clear? what do you mean. and drag your buddy list to the top left corner? or are you asking about adium (ichat replacement).

Is adium better than the standard ichat?

it's more customizable. but i personally didnt like it. i like the simplicity of ichat and adium has too much going on from what i remember, especially theIM windows. and i believe adium doesn't have video. but im not 100% sure on that, it has been awhile since i used it.

Exactly what type of image file (.png or .icns or icn) can i put as an alternate to the originals? I have been trying to change them with some that I found onDeviant Art but none seem to work, all I get is a preview app picture but nothing else.

Exactly what type of image file (.png or .icns or icn) can i put as an alternate to the originals? I have been trying to change them with some that I found onDeviant Art but none seem to work, all I get is a preview app picture but nothing else.

15nk9qq.png

can anyone with the new aluminum macbook comment on the screen? im very very very strongly considering getting it but i heard the screen isn't too great(blacks are washed, viewing angle, glare)

Originally Posted by 650

can anyone with the new aluminum macbook comment on the screen? im very very very strongly considering getting it but i heard the screen isn't too great (blacks are washed, viewing angle, glare)

ive got the newest mbook pro (before the new body + display), with the glossy screen. ive seen the aluminum joints numerous times in person, and i havent seentoo much of a difference, if any. and i have a pretty discerning eye.

id roll to best buy/apple store and peep game for yourself.... but the display didnt jump out at me as lacking.

the new macbooks look kind of cheesy though, up next to the new MBP. its like putting the nike solo flight next to some flightposites....

I have a New Mac can some help me or post a tutorial on how to change the icons in the Mac? Thanks in advance

im trying to change my dock icons with icons i found online and while my firefox icon is changed easily the others are not changing at all..like the safari orichat icons will not change..can someone explain how?? i used the pimpmymac tutorial and it still isnt changing

EDIT- double post but adding to my last post the changed icons show up in the aplication window but not on my dock!!

Back
Top Bottom