The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

I've been thinking about making the switch over to Mac from windows. What are the pros and cons ?
The only serious cons may be that it will take a little time getting used to of course and that you'll have to find alternatives to your favorite Windows programs that aren't on Mac, and neither of those cons are hard to overcome, at all. Just do it, foreal, if you have the money it's well worth it.
I should be getting my Imac today.
pimp.gif

Any programs I should download ? Anything I should know in general ?

Anybody else have a problem with their Isight during Video chat? Mine works fine, but when ever I try to video chat it won't work. Annoying.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Anybody else have a problem with their Isight during Video chat? Mine works fine, but when ever I try to video chat it won't work. Annoying.

mine is working fine....

when in iChat, click on video in the menu and make sure camera enabled is checked.. hope that helps

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Why does the iSight on the new MBP seem so grainy compared to the older model....?

I'm not exactly sure about Macbooks but on my iMac I was getting a lot of breaking up on iChat. I did some research and found out it could have somethingto do with overheating since the cam is built-in. Sure enough I let my mac rest for a while, tried iChat again and it was a lot clearer.

since i rebooted my mac. i need to transfer all the songs from my ipod back to my mac. what's a good program to use for this? i've looked around ongoogle and most are not free to download.

i use eph pod to get stuff OFF my ipod. not sure if its the best, but its free (i think).

it copies stuff off your ipod and organizes it like your itunes library .... meaning, creates a folder for each artist/album/song/whatever... so not sure if itis ideal for copying over your whole library.

Originally Posted by kevL7

since i rebooted my mac. i need to transfer all the songs from my ipod back to my mac. what's a good program to use for this? i've looked around on google and most are not free to download.
Have you tried transferring it with iTunes? I recently transferred my songs to my mac, i just connected and opened up iTunes, then i tried syncingand this window popped up saying if i wanted to transfer the songs to the mac.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

since i rebooted my mac. i need to transfer all the songs from my ipod back to my mac. what's a good program to use for this? i've looked around on google and most are not free to download.
Have you tried transferring it with iTunes? I recently transferred my songs to my mac, i just connected and opened up iTunes, then i tried syncing and this window popped up saying if i wanted to transfer the songs to the mac.
im afraid to do it cuz some people are saying that it will reformat my ipod completely. im gonna give this senuti program a try.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

I use Senuti..
is it free? or is it a trial and i can only transfer so many songs..?

It was free when I downloaded it but that was awhile ago. You can download a free trial now and I assume you will be able to transfer all yoursongs.

can someone PM me about getting parallels and windows vista on my mac. I have a class that requires windows. I need it asap. PLEASE PM ME

Originally Posted by wanksta23

mines simple
grin.gif

what kind of weather widget is this? and can somebody point me in the direction of it please..

Here's what im workin with

Is there anyway to upgrade my macbook to the new ones through Apple? I've googled some stuff but can't really figure out anything and I don't wannahave to go in store just to find out. I guess I could call but I figured i'd see if I could get the answer here. I have the very first gen macbook and Ijust figure it's time for an upgrade. I'm guessing I can't though.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Is there anyway to upgrade my macbook to the new ones through Apple? I've googled some stuff but can't really figure out anything and I don't wanna have to go in store just to find out. I guess I could call but I figured i'd see if I could get the answer here. I have the very first gen macbook and I just figure it's time for an upgrade. I'm guessing I can't though.

doesn't work that way
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

The reason I asked is because of the iPod touch replacement program from first gen to second gen. Guess i'll have to shell out another grand. SMH

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

The reason I asked is because of the iPod touch replacement program from first gen to second gen. Guess i'll have to shell out another grand. SMH

Apple doesn't have a consumer trade-in program fr any of their computer models. your best bet is eBay/Craigslist/pwan shop
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
/etc

Back
Top Bottom