The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

passed on the aluminum and decided to go with the older blackbook.. decided to save a couple hundred. anyways, i know this a frequent question but what aresome nice/must-have apps?

is it really that hard to look through the whole thread?

your questions would be answered within the first page if not the second probably.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Is there anyway to upgrade my macbook to the new ones through Apple? I've googled some stuff but can't really figure out anything and I don't wanna have to go in store just to find out. I guess I could call but I figured i'd see if I could get the answer here. I have the very first gen macbook and I just figure it's time for an upgrade. I'm guessing I can't though.

Yeh, it's called buy a Macbook from Bestbuy, open carefully (goo-B-gone the mess the sticker leaves), take new Macbook out of the box, place old macbook inthe box, seal the box back up with packing tape (looks exactly like the tape apple uses, at least the kind I used did), return and wait for your refund.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Is there anyway to upgrade my macbook to the new ones through Apple? I've googled some stuff but can't really figure out anything and I don't wanna have to go in store just to find out. I guess I could call but I figured i'd see if I could get the answer here. I have the very first gen macbook and I just figure it's time for an upgrade. I'm guessing I can't though.

Yeh, it's called buy a Macbook from Bestbuy, open carefully (goo-B-gone the mess the sticker leaves), take new Macbook out of the box, place old macbook in the box, seal the box back up with packing tape (looks exactly like the tape apple uses, at least the kind I used did), return and wait for your refund.

Anyone have the 30" Cinema Display? I'm a webdesigner and Video editor and I was thining about purchasing one.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

People don't know what they are missing

Had this:

5af7d5.jpg

Changed it to this

16c88si.png

Bosh you gotta post that Wooden background!! Or PM

i think i might pull the trigger and get a macbook next month, is it pretty easy to customize the icons and what not?

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

i think i might pull the trigger and get a macbook next month, is it pretty easy to customize the icons and what not?

yup....
pimp.gif

if anybody needs any s/n just pm me

Originally Posted by CtJordanFiend

What are you guys thoughts on buying a macbook off something like craigslist

Personally, i dont like buying used electronics of people. I guess as long as it works you should be fine though. check the apple refurb store thoughfirst.
wink.gif

i downloaded a free trial of candybar to change the icons on my dock. But now that my trial has expired, my only option is to buy the candybar program. Isthere any other program i can use that's similar or as easy to use as candybar?

Originally Posted by 650

passed on the aluminum and decided to go with the older blackbook.. decided to save a couple hundred. anyways, i know this a frequent question but what are some nice/must-have apps?
http://bestmacsoftware.org/

http://chip.cuccio.us/must-have-mac-software/

or you could just google must-have apps for mac.

mike2389 wrote:

I downloaded a free trial of candybar to change the icons on my dock.
But now that my trial has expired, my only option is to buy the candybar program. Is there any other program i can use that's similar or as easy to use as candybar?
I had the same problem. You can try Liteicon http://mac.softpedia.com/...Utilities/LiteIcon.shtml. I don't think it's as good ascandybar but it does the same thing more or less.
There's also a way to change icons without using a program if you want to go threw the trouble
http://pimpmymac.wordpres...3/05/how-to-change-icons/

Originally Posted by mike2389

i downloaded a free trial of candybar to change the icons on my dock. But now that my trial has expired, my only option is to buy the candybar program. Is there any other program i can use that's similar or as easy to use as candybar?

Sure... PM me for assistance.
wink.gif
wink.gif

im responding to the PMs i received.... when yall make your changes, post em up for us to see... thanks and lets keep this thread alive

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

im responding to the PMs i received.... when yall make your changes, post em up for us to see... thanks and lets keep this thread alive
yea i used the Helveticons & all that. but as you can see there is still that white block around all of the words.
how do i fix that.

mkd7hx.png

^You should be using the other type of file that came with the package when you unzipped it. There are two options... pngs and one other one.

Can anyone explain how to go to the pictures folder where the desktop pictures are stored? I want to clear some out. (when you right click > set asbackground)... where does it go?

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

This is prob a stupid Q....but how r u guys posting ur desktops here....I know not by taking pix

Apple + shift + 3

We need a mod or someone to make this the official mac thread, and to sticky some sort of guide on the first page, with these type of answers on it. Like aquick guide.

Back
Top Bottom