The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Zeus23

i Have a black macbook 15', everytime a move it... it restarts itself, or it freezes up... any suggestions?

holy %++%, 15 foot blackbook?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

are you running it as a dual screen set up? or just using your tv as the main screen (MBP is closed or just not running it's screen)

yeah, basically what mjbetch said. dock is only going to be on one screen. in the preference you can pick if u want it on the center bottom, left or right. and depending how your display is set up that's where it'll appear. (lets say your HDTV is set up as your left monitor, if you position your dock to the left it'll go to that screen, but not in the center but to the side)
Yeah I had to drag whatever over like mjbetch said it worked, I had both screens on at the same time, Ididn't know you could have your MBP off and use your HDTV as the main screen, ok now that's "fixed" how do I get my sound?
laugh.gif

Everything provided so far has been SOOOOO appreciated.

yeah, it works better if you have a bluetooth keyboard/mouse, or any wireless keyboard/mouse. all you have to do is close your MBP and wake it with your mouse.and only way to get sound is through external speakers. DVI only gives you picture, but no sound. you can get pretty much any 2.1 system. or how ever many satsyou want. logitech makes some pretty good stuff, and a lot of it is affordable. btw, your MBP isn't really off, it's just not using it's screen.but im sure you probably knew that
laugh.gif

I have a wireless mouse.
pimp.gif

If I take this cord back what do I pick up to get both the picture and sound on my HDTV, I have that DVI Adapter that comes with your MBP.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I have a wireless mouse.
pimp.gif

If I take this cord back what do I pick up to get both the picture and sound on my HDTV, I have that DVI Adapter that comes with your MBP.

you're never going to get sound from it. only thing that's going to play are the MBP's speakers. or whatever speakers you're using with it.sorry
frown.gif

Man this sucks, so I can never play a DVD off my Laptop onto my HDTV WITH sound.
frown.gif

Man this sucks, so I can never play a DVD off my Laptop onto my HDTV WITH sound.
frown.gif

basically, yes. but im guessing you have a ps3/xbox so i dont see why you cant use those. and, if you have a xbox and want to play downloaded/ripped moviesonto your xbox (so you'll be able to see it on w/e tv your xbox is connected to) you can use connect360 and you'll be able to network your mac withyour system. there is a way to do the same on ps3 but i dont remember how. but i believe i saw it on either gizmodo or engadget.. you can check them out if youwant

frown.gif

you can.........

like i said, get the RCA to 3.5mm plug and plug that into your computer and hten hook it up to your audio outputter

Originally Posted by mjbetch

frown.gif

you can.........

like i said, get the RCA to 3.5mm plug and plug that into your computer and hten hook it up to your audio outputter

well there is that way, but that's just more cables. im pretty sure he wants the sound to transfer straight from the DVI to HDMI cable.. which is notpossible. what mj is telling you is pretty much the same as getting a good 2.1 sound system. i'd go that route since TV speakers are usually crap anyway.

are you running it as a dual screen set up? or just using your tv as the main screen (MBP is closed or just not running it's screen)

yeah, basically what mjbetch said. dock is only going to be on one screen. in the preference you can pick if u want it on the center bottom, left or right. and depending how your display is set up that's where it'll appear. (lets say your HDTV is set up as your left monitor, if you position your dock to the left it'll go to that screen, but not in the center but to the side)
Yeah I had to drag whatever over like mjbetch said it worked, I had both screens on at the same time, I didn't know you could have your MBP off and use your HDTV as the main screen, ok now that's "fixed" how do I get my sound?
laugh.gif

Everything provided so far has been SOOOOO appreciated.
LOL I was in this SAME dilemma yesterday...trying to watch some rips on the HDTV but couldn't figure the life of me on how to make it the mainscreen. a simple drag of the menubar in the display preferences
smh.gif
Why theygotta make everything so easy compared to Windows

Yeah but I want to use the speakers on my TV.
smh.gif

CWrite - The reason why I won't just use my PS3 or Xbox is because these specific DVD's are "Region 2" DVD's from the U.K. so they canonly be played on players in Europe, they don't work when played on DVD players/Systems in North America. On your iMac/Macbook you have the option tochoose what Region DVD you'd like to play.

THIS was my original post about the DVD'sbefore I eventually got my MBP.

Yeah but I want to use the speakers on my TV.
smh.gif

CWrite - The reason why I won't just use my PS3 or Xbox is because these specific DVD's are "Region 2" DVD's from the U.K. so they can only be played on players in Europe, they don't work when played on DVD players/Systems in North America. On your iMac/Macbook you have the option to choose what Region DVD you'd like to play.

THIS was my original post about the DVD's before I eventually got my MBP.

ah, i see. well, sadly those are your only options. it sucks, but what can you do.

I have 2 questions how do you get your backgrounds so clear when i do mine it looks copied, and how do you put ichat buddy list in the top left HELP PLEASEEEand how do you get that supreme and adam bomb icon

Originally Posted by samuelturnerr

I have 2 questions how do you get your backgrounds so clear when i do mine it looks copied, and how do you put ichat buddy list in the top left HELP PLEASEEE and how do you get that supreme and adam bomb icon

so clear? what do you mean. and drag your buddy list to the top left corner? or are you asking about adium (ichat replacement).

I have 2 questions how do you get your backgrounds so clear when i do mine it looks copied, and how do you put ichat buddy list in the top left HELP PLEASEEE and how do you get that supreme and adam bomb icon

so clear? what do you mean. and drag your buddy list to the top left corner? or are you asking about adium (ichat replacement).

yes and how do you get the hundreds and supreme icons

yes and how do you get the hundreds and supreme icons

yes what? and the deviantart page was posted here. that has the hundreds and supreme icons look through the last 6-7 pages and im sure you'll find it. toeasily change your icons download candybar (it'll cost you, or find a way around paying).

Is adium better than the standard ichat?

Back
Top Bottom