The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

3448sd5.png

og
2djuie.jpg

Waiting on the Life wallpaper
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

so i'll be converting to a mac book soon..i recently got my hp pavillion stolen from me.
mad.gif
.so when i buy a new laptop it'll be a mac..i'm most likely gonna get a refurbished one..anything i should know?
nerd.gif
..is it cheaper to get a refurbished mac from a apple store or online? and i'll be getting apple care just incase it messes up or it gets stolen..and tips or advice would be appreciated
smile.gif

you can only buy refuns online.
Use this link for the Gov't Employee Purchase Program...It will be cheaper than if you used a student discount
http://www.apple.com/r/store/government/epp.htmlhttp://www.apple.com/r/store/government/epp.html
props on that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 650

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

anyone have the new unibody aluminum Macbook? i'm looking into getting a macbook but don't know if i should go with the old and save money or the new
one. thoughts?

if you don't mind the fact that there is no firewire I/O, and the lack of an option for a matte screen, i say get the new one. The asthetics and the specs
are better for the price, and you won't have to deal with chipping wristpads or discoloration

yeah.. think i'm gonna try to go for the aluminum one.. but man is that thing expensive
smh.gif
for a broke college student at least. just sold my vaio and now im only halfway there
smh.gif

Wait til after Jan 14 to buy anything. There's a strong possibility the white macbook will be phased out, and a cheaper aluminum laptop will be an option(=/-$1,000)

thegoat

good lookin on that last post

I guess ill just wait a little while longer to see if the price drops

hey i have an issue. i went to adultswim.com to try to play there games but nothing came up..this also happens with some video sites where im supposed to watchsomething or wait for some sort of player to come up and nothing. help? macbook.

Damn man... I can't use CoverSutra or Bowtie cause they both require Leopard...

i just got a mac, been pretty good, i got a problem though, im a dj and i run serato, been tryna record but i guess it records internally, and when it does it, its doing it with like a hollow sound, anyone ever had this problem, or any kind of problem recording internally? dont know if its because im running themusic on the computer and trying to record it at the same time, when i had a pc it wouldnt record internally i would just run a mic plug back in from the mixerand it worked fine, any help or a lead to where i can get some help would work, i looke don the serato forums and havent found anything yet, thanx

I'm also planning to use Serato on my macbook.
I've done some research on recording mixes and stuff, and I don't think you can record using Serato.
You can record mixes using programs like Audacity and Garageband. I've also heard that its a bad idea to record by plugging into your mic input.
I don't know if this helped you or not but you should be able to find an answer to your question on the Serato forums.

I did a bit more research, and apparently you can't record through the mic input without getting distortion.
You're going to need to buy an external USB soundcard. I've heard good things about the ESI Maya44 USB.

^^^oh really a appreciate it, ya thats gonna suck, i didnt mean recording with serato, i use audicity , well thats whats i used on my pc, i tried recording iton garageband and thats how it sounded all funny, im very veeeery familiar with serato, been using it for almost 2 yrs, let me know if you need any help ortips with it, ima look more into it, if u find anything else on it pm me, thanx fam

^^^ I have a macbook Pro. you can record using the Line-Input.

I have a TTM 56 Mixer and use the AUX OUT with a 1/8 to RCA cable. plug the 1/8 into the Line In on the Macbook Pro and you can record with Audacity. Piece ofcake.

^^ thats how i normally have done it, but i dunno why it records internally, thats never happend to you?? i need to go thru the settings, i have a pioneer 909if that makes any diff :tongue:

With bowtie, Is there a way to run it without using itunes?

Also, what buttons do I press to show all open programs at once in like a "spaces" type view? Leopard only.

whats the cheapest way for me to get leopard for my macbook...its only a year and a half old.

i found an iphone last week, jailbroke it and unlocked online and now im using it with tmobile. basically i paid $0.00. life is good.
smile.gif

i went to system preferances, and there is a setting for an internal mic , i jus turned it off, now ima see if it works when i record (im not home so i can tryit out right now
tongue.gif
)

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

hey i have an issue. i went to adultswim.com to try to play there games but nothing came up..this also happens with some video sites where im supposed to watch something or wait for some sort of player to come up and nothing. help? macbook.

hello?

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

With bowtie, Is there a way to run it without using itunes?

Also, what buttons do I press to show all open programs at once in like a "spaces" type view? Leopard only.
command+tab or the expose button on the keyboard

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

i went to system preferances, and there is a setting for an internal mic , i jus turned it off, now ima see if it works when i record (im not home so i can try it out right now
tongue.gif
)
Yeah I just found out that you can do that with Macs. Apparently the mic jack also duals a line input (a 2 in one option). So when you plug theoutput of the mixer into it, you just configure the sound settings for the recording default to line. Can you PM me if it actually does work?

Oh, and I just got Scratch Live in the mail today
pimp.gif
I'll PM you whenI need some help. Cheers fam.

Originally Posted by atcho

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

i went to system preferances, and there is a setting for an internal mic , i jus turned it off, now ima see if it works when i record (im not home so i can try it out right now
tongue.gif
)
Yeah I just found out that you can do that with Macs. Apparently the mic jack also duals a line input (a 2 in one option). So when you plug the output of the mixer into it, you just configure the sound settings for the recording default to line. Can you PM me if it actually does work?

Oh, and I just got Scratch Live in the mail today
pimp.gif
I'll PM you when I need some help. Cheers fam.
yes it should work. try the line in (if you can find it, ill double check later) cuz if ur using the mic, that's basically using the speakersor whatever the mac uses to handle audio say on the webcam. use Audacity to record! it's a free program. then I import whatever I recorded as an mp3.

new 17" MacBook Pro coming out - who's ballin enough to get one?

Back
Top Bottom