The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Sup yall, The trackball on top of my mouse isn't working to well. I was wondering if there is a better mouse then the ones that come with the mac. ThanksKVN

My mac sometimes has trouble unzipping things when i download them is there any program i could use?

you guys should check out plex media software if you got a lotta movie and/or tv show files....I'm probably gonna buy a mac mini next and that'll beused for my "home theatre" system. gonna hook it up to my samsung HDTV and invest in some surround sound 5.1 speakers. hopefully apple comes out witha new mac mini.

this program is visually amazing...the interface is smooth and it's meant to work in conjunction with the apple remote. basically it gathers data from theinternet and will load all the plots and synoposes for your media files.

takes awhile to learn the program so do your research..read their forums and the wiki

http://plexapp.com/ http://plexapp.com/

2rg2lp1.png

rr7ds0.png

Hey guys,

I have been trying to upgrade ilife '08 to my mac...I was able to upgrade garageband only. Any reason why it won't let me upgrade? Before I did areboot, it was working fine. Now that I have Leopard, iphoto 08 won't install. Any help would be great. (Yes...it's bootleg).

Can someone post some nice wallpapers? I try to just get !$$$ off of like google image and it always comes out crusty. Also, how do i change my icons and such?I have 0 idea how to do anything, and all your !$$$ looks so ill.

i Have a black macbook 15', everytime a move it... it restarts itself, or it freezes up... any suggestions?

so i'll be converting to a mac book soon..i recently got my hp pavillion stolen from me.
mad.gif
.so when i buy a new laptop it'll be a mac..i'm most likely gonna get arefurbished one..anything i should know?
nerd.gif
..is it cheaper to get arefurbished mac from a apple store or online? and i'll be getting apple care just incase it messes up or it gets stolen..and tips or advice would beappreciated
smile.gif

i need a site to find background for my macbook, everytime i find one and try to use it it looks like trash

anyone have the new unibody aluminum Macbook? i'm looking into getting a macbook but don't know if i should go with the old and save money or the newone. thoughts?

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

so i'll be converting to a mac book soon..i recently got my hp pavillion stolen from me.
mad.gif
.so when i buy a new laptop it'll be a mac..i'm most likely gonna get a refurbished one..anything i should know?
nerd.gif
..is it cheaper to get a refurbished mac from a apple store or online? and i'll be getting apple care just incase it messes up or it gets stolen..and tips or advice would be appreciated
smile.gif

you can only buy refuns online.
Use this link for the Gov't Employee Purchase Program...It will be cheaper than if you used a student discount
http://www.apple.com/r/store/government/epp.htmlhttp://www.apple.com/r/store/government/epp.html
i need a site to find background for my macbook, everytime i find one and try to use it it looks like trash

what kind of background are you looking for? There are planty of sites that offer wallpapers
anyone have the new unibody aluminum Macbook? i'm looking into getting a macbook but don't know if i should go with the old and save money or the new one. thoughts?

if you don't mind the fact that there is no firewire I/O, and the lack of an option for a matte screen, i say get the new one. The asthetics and the specsare better for the price, and you won't have to deal with chipping wristpads or discoloration
BEST DVD BURNING PROGRAM?????????????????

Max the Ripper or Handbrake. Both are freeware.

Originally Posted by Zeus23

i Have a black macbook 15', everytime a move it... it restarts itself, or it freezes up... any suggestions?

I have a blackbook too. It doesn't happen every time, but when I close it, sometimes it won't start up again. The light is on, but the screenwon't turn on
smh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Zeus23

I have a blackbook too. It doesn't happen every time, but when I close it, sometimes it won't start up again. The light is on, but the screen won't turn on
smh.gif

could be a problem with the firmware. ,ake sure you guys have the latest updatres for the battery and the hardware. If thats not it, hit up that genuis bar atyour local apple store

Does Apple fix the chipping of the wristpad area? My wristpad area is chipped on both sides of the mousepad area as well as along both sides of the keyboard.

Also, my charger melted tonight, right where the wire connects to the part that goes into the computer...does anyone know if Apple covers this as well?I've been reading up on it, and itseems like there is a very large amount of people having this same problem.

I'm still covered under Apple Care by the way...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Does Apple fix the chipping of the wristpad area? My wristpad area is chipped on both sides of the mousepad area as well as along both sides of the keyboard.

Also, my charger melted tonight, right where the wire connects to the part that goes into the computer...does anyone know if Apple covers this as well? I've been reading up on it, and itseems like there is a very large amount of people having this same problem.

I'm still covered under Apple Care by the way...

They will take care of the wristpad area with no problem..your entire keyboard/trackpad will be replaced as well. The charger will be replaced if youre stilunder warranty or Applecare. if not, it depends on if your Genius is in a good mood
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

They will take care of the wristpad area with no problem..your entire keyboard/trackpad will be replaced as well. The charger will be replaced if youre stil under warranty or Applecare. if not, it depends on if your Genius is in a good mood
Sweet. My Apple Care warranty thing doesn't expire until December '09, so I guess I should be good. Looks like I'll be setting up anappointment with a genius. Thanks for the answer.

Originally Posted by tmay407

They will take care of the wristpad area with no problem..your entire keyboard/trackpad will be replaced as well. The charger will be replaced if youre stil under warranty or Applecare. if not, it depends on if your Genius is in a good mood
Sweet. My Apple Care warranty thing doesn't expire until December '09, so I guess I should be good. Looks like I'll be setting up an appointment with a genius. Thanks for the answer.
Seriously? Thanks man. I guess I'll be making an appointment too...

anyone have the new unibody aluminum Macbook? i'm looking into getting a macbook but don't know if i should go with the old and save money or the new one. thoughts?

if you don't mind the fact that there is no firewire I/O, and the lack of an option for a matte screen, i say get the new one. The asthetics and the specs are better for the price, and you won't have to deal with chipping wristpads or discoloration

yeah.. think i'm gonna try to go for the aluminum one.. but man is that thing expensive
smh.gif
for a broke college student at least. just sold my vaio and nowim only halfway there
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom