THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by NobleKane

its not that far fetched. the air force 25 had zoom air on top of air right??

Full Length zoom over an Air Max heel, IIRC.

The Af25 didn't make Nike the sort of money they thought it would... and supposedly they had big trouble getting the zoom bag to work with a heel air max unit.

Nike have gotten real cheap since then.... and whilst Zoom and Air Max in one Lebron shoe isn't impossible, they seem determined
to get us to buy as many different Lebron shoes as possible. Whilst they could put zoom under an air max unit, i can see the beancounters not liking it....... and it would seem to make more sense to put the lower profile cushioning over the larger volume one, not the other way around..(?)

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

ehh did something quick.

To me this still looks like something for Amare's short lived line.

Dunkman Show - Dunkman Blend

020350ce4d3f7dc9e41b988b3785fc9b0df8f07.jpg
3841514d75ec933f0d4e2552ed712604dbc50c3.jpg

Not bad, but like i said before. Neon or Electric green can make almost anything look good.

I dont understand why Nike and lebron continue to put swooshes on his shoes and not using the dunmkman as the main logo. The lionhead is a great logo that complimented the lbj23 logo perfectly. I personally want to see the dunkman as the main logo. It is a beautiful logo of lebron doing his signature dunk. To me it is as beautiful as the jumpman and can as iconic a logo as the jumpman. Why do people feel like it is to similar to the dunkman? The jumpman embodied jordans ability to fly and hang in the air. The dunkman embodies lebrons incredible athletism, grace and strength in his signature dunking pose. The one thing that made jordans so nice is they did not have swooshes and nike placed everywhere on the the shoe. On the jordans that did have nike on them the nike logo was always on the back of the shoe letting the jumpman take its place at the forefront. They did not look like any shoe out there. One of the things I hate about lerbons is every shoe is branded with too many damn swoohes! It does not let the design of the shoe stand on its own. Why does lebron want to continue to have swooshes on his shoes. It must his choice because he has the final say with the design. Why does lebron want to use the lionhead logo over the dunkman logo that is a silhouette of "himself." Wouldnt he love to see himself on his shoes along with his name. The 8 could be that shoe. The design would look so much better with a big dunkman on the tongue and no swooshes. Does every shoe with flywire have to have a swoosh on them? I thought your top signature product was suppose to stand out and above the rest like the jordans did.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I didn't realize the air bubble extends past the heal like that....looks really dumb.

so youre complaining about how Nike used to make there air bubbles which felt alot better than the ones that they make now??
This just looks over exaggerated to me.  I had og pippen 1s and i have the retro's and the bubble isn't really extending that far out like this is.  If there is a specific shoe you are referencing you can post it but i have never liked that look.  I'm just giving my opinion on a message board.

And i love the grammar police always out to try and sound smarter than everyone.  OMG Heal vs Heel vs Heeel vs Heeall.  I'm sorry there couldn't be any chance you knew what i was saying.  Having the word Heal there must have looked super dumb thank you for pointing that out so now everyone can understand my obviously incomprehensible sentence that i typed.  I really appreciate it.   I don't know what the board would do without people like you to point out flaws.  Grow up

sig shoes are getting worse....to be 1000% honest, I havent REALLY liked an LBJ shoe since the III's. I think I only got caught up in the IV hype cause they were foam, cause those monsters were cluncky and unresponsive. they were cushioned well, but I could never actually play in them. I only bought the V's cause they were the 1st GR Dunkman release, AND they were on sale when I got them, but I never really wore those either. I passed on the VI's and the VII's and definitely will pass on the VIII's.

even the Kobe line....I hated the ZKI's, LOVED ZKII's, HATED the III's, and the IV's grew on me. I cant mess with the V's. They look kinda cool, but they feel like slippers or sandals. Im sure its a mental thing but the height really bugs me, so I never bought a pair of them. I DO like the consistant innovtion with Kobe's line, although I only bought 2 of the 5 shoes, but Brons line seems to just keep adding on and getting chunkier and chunkier. And be clear, Im not one of those guys that sweat the oz. of a shoe, but just the overall look of Brons shoes have continually gotten bulky and Amare like. These shoes look more and more like shoes for classic big men. I fully understand that dude is 6'9" 250+ so he needs a more sturdy shoe, but I feel like you can make a sturdy shoe that dosent look so overdone and chunky

decided to experiment with the color blocking options on this shoe.

idk
laugh.gif
.....I'll think of more later.

aed255242f73dec29f6334fa4091324490cfb5e.jpg
a8c1514479e8993d866bd2940fac89db73e3182.jpg
9a5250a4cf7d8ea29ec3fce4fe87ba5f4f49a9a.jpg
afe3531548937db8ea1a99a93ba265f09d9bb03.jpg

Yo, some of those are kinda ill. makes them look a whole lot better. Try that last gray color way with a black swoosh, White air pad and gum sole.

Keep working vcshoxj6 the PS's are appreciated.
And to keingsmith I see what you're getting at. I might be in the minority but I actually like the swoosh placement on these. But I do understand what you're saying. The shoes could just as easily function asthetically without it. I really dont think Nike is concerned with Jordan when it comes to the whole dunkman issue though. Theres probably another reason

I think the shoes look better when the front flywire piece is the same color as the toe box.

congrats to the Heat & Bron Bron.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

quick one added the CF took out the flywire
b261554e7ce192389c1cfc6bce32884efe1b7fa.jpg

Well its official he's with the Heat now. I guess we have to cross our fingers for good heat colorways

Well its official he's with the Heat now. I guess we have to cross our fingers for good heat colorways

I never cared where he went, it was all about the shoes to me. Sucks he picked the Heat, I already have too many Black/Red/White colorways with Jordans.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I didn't realize the air bubble extends past the heal like that....looks really dumb.

so youre complaining about how Nike used to make there air bubbles which felt alot better than the ones that they make now??
This just looks over exaggerated to me.  I had og pippen 1s and i have the retro's and the bubble isn't really extending that far out like this is.  If there is a specific shoe you are referencing you can post it but i have never liked that look.  I'm just giving my opinion on a message board.

And i love the grammar police always out to try and sound smarter than everyone.  OMG Heal vs Heel vs Heeel vs Heeall.  I'm sorry there couldn't be any chance you knew what i was saying.  Having the word Heal there must have looked super dumb thank you for pointing that out so now everyone can understand my obviously incomprehensible sentence that i typed.  I really appreciate it.   I don't know what the board would do without people like you to point out flaws.  Grow up

fd725fbec672eafd46f0f27a77128ff1b5e523c.jpg

84d2537efe735aff41207ece47594128b784c46.jpg

Here are a couple for starters......  there are several others that had big air units i dont have pics to like Air Max2 CB, Air Aggress, Air Penny 1, etc.  I guess the Pippen 1'was more focused on the full-length air as opposed to concentrating on the cushioning in the heel, hence the smaller size compared to the older air maxes (i could be wrong).  And youre right, youre entitled to have your own opinion. I just acted a simple question and it seemed like you got a like touchy about it.  Like you said this is a message board, people are allowed to respond to your opinion with their own and then take it from there.  Anyways back to the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom