THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
^im 100% sure AJs 3-8 released during all-star weekend. If you check, you will see he wore models across seasons during this time. For example, after finished the 91 season in blk/infrared VIs, he wore the carmines until all-star when the VII dropped.

AJ1-march 85
AJ2, and AJ9-15 did release at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:
Nike is really trying to create a timeline for each major sig. KD July-July (Offseason). Lebron October (Pre-season), and Kobe February (Mid-season), so they have new models at different parts of the year. Pretty good idea.

Last edited:
This is a HUGE Common Misconception. MJ did indeed release his sneakers during All-Star Weekend , but it was actually only a few times and mostly with the Washington Wizards.

MOST of the AJ I - XV were released in Fall around the beginning of the season and on a Wednesday.

There usually was a Colorway that released that weekend, but it def. wasn't the first colorway.

I know it wasn't all the time but the times he did come out with new kicks it was either during the all star weekend or on his birthday

This is a HUGE Common Misconception. MJ did indeed release his sneakers during All-Star Weekend , but it was actually only a few times and mostly with the Washington Wizards.

MOST of the AJ I - XV were released in Fall around the beginning of the season and on a Wednesday FRIDAY.
Kids cut school on Fridays to get shoes so Nike moved the release dates to Saturdays

Only the Jordan 2, 11, 12, and 13 were released at the beginning of their respective seasons

Jordan often wore the previous model until the late winter of the following season before breaking out the new one. 

The strangest one to me is the AJ 17. MJ wore the 16 in the preseason, and the 17 when the season started. But the shoe didnt release until months later to the retail public

Kids cut school on Fridays to get shoes so Nike moved the release dates to Saturdays

Only the Jordan 2, 11, 12, and 13 were released at the beginning of their respective seasons

Jordan often wore the previous model until the late winter of the following season before breaking out the new one. 

The strangest one to me is the AJ 17. MJ wore the 16 in the preseason, and the 17 when the season started. But the shoe didnt release until months later to the retail public
Sorry bro, it was WEDNESDAY. Kids were cutting school during the Middle of the Week.

And I can't speak 100% on the III - VI, I was a tad too young. But I'm pretty dam sure that the Air Jordan VII - XIV were released to the public in the Fall, well before the All-Star Game. I KNOW this, because I was there and remember it. Even my little brother had gotten the Aqua 8's on his Birthday weekend (Feb. 4th 1993), but the Wh/Blk "Bugs Bunny" pair were already out at that time. 

I just wish www.Air-Jordans.net still existed and we could end all speculation. 
mean.gif

It's not speculation, some of us were there too :lol:

I just know there's no way a new Jordan would be out with still wearing the previous model, and if you check the game footage, the 89-93 season were FOR SURE started wearing the same model, new colorway, the the last season finished with until around all-star time. (We could add 87-88 starting with the low IIs as well but MJ wore the wht/cement IIIs early for several games)

I'm also pretty sure the IX made the switch back to fall release for 93-94 that went through the XV which released 12/11/99

Last edited:
I think the Shozoku will still be the main symbol. That one could be a detail exclusive to the 9 and it'll be on the inside of the tongue or heel, whatever. Let's hope we'll see other pieces or the whole shoe soon with this latest "teaser".

someone in the yeezy thread said something about a kobe 9 quickstrike in January and we don't even know what they look like. smh nike

Sorry bro, it was WEDNESDAY. Kids were cutting school during the Middle of the Week.

And I can't speak 100% on the III - VI, I was a tad too young. But I'm pretty dam sure that the Air Jordan VII - XIV were released to the public in the Fall, well before the All-Star Game. I KNOW this, because I was there and remember it. Even my little brother had gotten the Aqua 8's on his Birthday weekend (Feb. 4th 1993), but the Wh/Blk "Bugs Bunny" pair were already out at that time. 

I just wish www.Air-Jordans.net still existed and we could end all speculation. 
mean.gif
Man, that site used to be money.  What a great resource it was...
^ 4 if you count the Venomenons
I lol'd.

someone in the yeezy thread said something about a kobe 9 quickstrike in January and we don't even know what they look like. smh nike

This was mentioned at some point I think. It's a possibility, and us not knowing what the model looks like yet does nothing to detract from the chance of it happening. Could be that HTM pair unless that's supposed to drop in February/has been scrapped.

225 us means these joints are gonna be well over 300 Canadian after taxes here.

Those are gonna be a no for me

Back
Top Bottom