THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
:stoneface:

j/k I'll let it slide since there isn't much to talk about until pics pop up. Carry on! :tongue:

The reason they could have made it a mid-VIII is because that's probably what he/Nike told the 2K team that he's starting his season in. Think about it, LeBron being in the 11 is nothing crazy, because they're out and that colorway literally drops in like 2 weeks. After all this time of not showing pictures, and with the actual shoe dropping next February, why would the Kobe IX be on display this early, and in a video game no less.

One way or another, that is CLEARLY a Kobe VIII heel and sole.

My buddy used to work for EA Sports on the NBA Live series. Shoe companies would send him pics and samples months ahead of time to ensure that they would be in the game. Having the Kobe 9s in 2K14 would not be a surprise at all.

As for them being the mid 8s? That makes no sense. Why would Nike give 2K a shoe that they have no intention of selling in real life.

Last edited:
From Nightwings page.....So not only will i have to pay more i have to win these on a raffle or TLO from nikestore...smh.....cmon nike. Release these like the Lebron 11 KPs.

09abb2087550eaadae29a6181a139351

Nightwing2303
October 17, 2013 at 7:03 pm
Well, the Flyknit runners start at like $170 (which is already crazy) then you factor in that this is a higher cut plus there is prob more rubber used for hooping then the carbon fiber plate… thats about $225 lol. I dont like it and on top of that, I heard that it will be really hard to get but the engineered mesh ones will be like a standard release.

My buddy used to work for EA Sports on the NBA Live series. Shoe companies would send him pics and samples months ahead of time to ensure that they would be in the game. Having the Kobe 9s in 2K14 would not be a surprise at all.

As for them being the mid 8s? That makes no sense. Why would Nike give 2K a shoe that they have no intention of selling in real life.

Nightwing2003's confirmation is good enough for me.

MJ has quite a few colorways of sneakers in 2K games that don't exist in real ife. LeBron's Away 11 isn't exactly true to the release pair, and there seems to be at least one color of the 11 that doesn't exist (yet, at least).

NBA games aren't always spot on to reality. Like I said, I can see the Kobe VIII Mid being the shoe that they have him using until the Kobe IX is actually unveiled/worn in a season game just because the Kobe VII Mid PE is what he'll most likely be stepping foot on court with until February.

I'm a fan of Nightwing's videos as well, but his whole blog post sounded full of speculation.

Last edited:
3 versions of Kobe 9s this year?

1) Limited Flyknit Version midtop for $225 seen in NBA 2k14
2) Lowtop engineered mesh for $160
3)Elite Version for Playoffs (I assume if they make it, if not maybe he'll wear elites during the end of regular season)

1. The $225 version IS the Elite IX
2. Kobe IX Low Engineered Mesh @ $160 is correct
3. Venomenon 4 is $120

These are the 3 versions of Kobe that we know are releasing at this point in 2014...

JM

Oh so im guessing the elite 9 is the flyknit version

What i dont like is that the flyknit versions wont be widely available. Multiple people have been saying this and im starting to believe its true

Limited availability sucks cause that means my best shot is gonna be i.d if these are even on there and even then whats gonna be retail for I.Ds 270+?

Oh so im guessing the elite 9 is the flyknit version

What i dont like is that the flyknit versions wont be widely available. Multiple people have been saying this and im starting to believe its true

Limited availability sucks cause that means my best shot is gonna be i.d if these are even on there and even then whats gonna be retail for I.Ds 270+?

No one buys the Elites at $200. And the Flyknit Frees aren't selling at $160. If Nike was pricing the Flyknit Kobe 9 at $220, limiting supply is a card they had to play.

i don't believe those are the 9's.. in previous years, we never saw kobe's new sig shoe until it was released/announced to the public. that's when 2k would issue an update to add the shoe

of course i'm just going off of what happened back in the day and things could have changed...

having said that, if it IS the 9, then it hasn't really changed much from the 8. they look almost identical except it's a mid-top.

i don't believe those are the 9's.. in previous years, we never saw kobe's new sig shoe until it was released/announced to the public. that's when 2k would issue an update to add the shoe

of course i'm just going off of what happened back in the day and things could have changed...

having said that, if it IS the 9, then it hasn't really changed much from the 8. they look almost identical except it's a mid-top.
Agree! 2K never make the shoes looks good, you can see the outsole and the heel counter exactly same as the 8. 2K just lazy to make it a low top, check back the older trailer from 2k, even KD is also wearing a mid top 
indifferent.gif

1. The $225 version IS the Elite IX
2. Kobe IX Low Engineered Mesh @ $160 is correct
3. Venomenon 4 is $120

These are the 3 versions of Kobe that we know are releasing at this point in 2014...

JM

View media item 620351
Only because I LOVE the EM they used on the 8. Perfect shoe imo. Seeing them hike the price up by 20 is disheartening but at least it's attainable.

These need to hurry up cuz the 8s were straight wack IMO. Atleast colorway wise anyway. No lakers color way :smh:

These need to hurry up cuz the 8s were straight wack IMO. Atleast colorway wise anyway. No lakers color way :smh:

Colorway wise maybe. I sure would have liked an inline Colorway but the Christmas, Easters, and purple fades were amazing IMO.

In regards to the 8's it's going to be hard to beat performance wise. A huge step up from the 7s and to date, my favorite basketball shoes of all time.

The 8s were definitely performance beasts but I wish they were a little more durable especially the cushioning. Can't wait to see them in person.

So I guess the low top EM @ $160 is the "standard" Kobe model for this coming year? I'm ready to see legit pics already, my interest in the 8s have been fading lately with some of the recent subpar colorways.

Its funny how Kobe is releasing his IX the following year just as MJ use to do during the All Star weekend

Im pretty sure Nike made that decision not him, or who knows hes hell bent on replicating Michael so he could of said he wants that release date

im sure nike had to do with that seeing as the KD VIs were released alot earlier then previous models.... trying to get more money outta people who cop from multiple sig lines

The Kobe IX is going to be a total thoroughbred.

You know Kobe's going to be gunning right out of the gate with an eye on the all time scoring list.

All he needs is 675 pts to surpass MJ for 3rd, and another 6,770 to surpass Kareem's all time record.

Nike will equip him w/ kicks that shall be the illest tone ponies of all times & he'll put a 2,000 pt dent into that mark.

Its funny how Kobe is releasing his IX the following year just as MJ use to do during the All Star weekend
This is a HUGE Common Misconception. MJ did indeed release his sneakers during All-Star Weekend , but it was actually only a few times and mostly with the Washington Wizards.

MOST of the AJ I - XV were released in Fall around the beginning of the season and on a Wednesday.

There usually was a Colorway that released that weekend, but it def. wasn't the first colorway.

Back
Top Bottom