THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So S Dubl, do you know what will Kobe wear at Christmas ? Is it mean Kobe will wear the 8 up to march?

The more concerning question is will he play on Christmas? Thought he was still rehabilitating his Achilles.

Everyone saying he will be back sooner than expected

But let's not ask sdubl all these questions he isn't the one with the answers, his connect is, spam his pm asking for the email to his source then ask him

Not srs

My local footlocker had most grs sitting for months... Another spot in my mall as well. I'm in SoCal as well, where they should sell fairly well. Imagine in areas outside of Cali where people despise Kobe. I'm sure there's stores sitting on most colorways in decent sizes...

Down here in BFE NC, shoes sell out with a quickness. The lebrons/KDs sit, but you gotta get there day of to have a shot at kobes.

$220 is rough...At the same time, I'm cool with there being less colorways this go around if only cuz the IV-VI & 8 made a killing on my pockets the last few years lol. Will probably be more selective with these.

What people have to understand, with all the BS Excuses of cost of production (especially with Flyknit,etc)... these companies are dumb strict with their margins, all the while increasing prices over the past few yrs in a manner that isn't reflective of cost of production. On average... most sneakers we see from these companies cost much less than 8% of the actual MSRP to produce... and that's not only cost of production of the shoe itself, but sourcing, shipping, packaging & marketing included.

The cost of production is a tad higher if we're talking about flyknit pieces, but it's definitely not relative to the explosion of inflation that Nike's rolling w/ these days. Most of these Retail Prices just simply aren't justified, even when taking demand into account. 
yeah but people buy them, why wouldnt nike raise the price? It's simple econ. If people dont like the price hikes (which are fairly unjustified) don't buy the shoes. No one NEEDS kobes.

guess i won't be buying any sig shoes this season then.  i already hate the LeBron X and KD6. and at $220 i will not buy Kobes, even though i love the Kobe 8, and have spent more money on them than any other shoe ever, i easily passed on the Elites because of the price tag.  

Couple of things...

1. Many websites, including Sneakernews check message boards like this and gather information for their websites...I am sure that they get info other ways as well, but many of them are just re-posting and re-organizing second hand info...2014 is when you will see Kobe IX

2. The price quoted here is more or less correct on the KB IX

3. There will be a KB IX Low

4. Venomenon IS coming to the US...think Soldier shoe for Kobe...

JM

Last edited:
^thanks for the info :nthat:
I can't wait to see these flyknit mids. Expectations are sky high

KB IX low?!?!??? What lol this maybe my favorite kobe model if the performance in both is up to par

Couple of things...

1. Many websites, including Sneakernews check message boards like this and gather information for their websites...I am sure that they get info other ways as well, but many of them are just re-posting and re-organizing second hand info...2014 is when you will see Kobe IX

4. Venomenon IS coming to the US...thing Soldier shoe for Kobe...

JM

Ouch.

Gut punch on the price increase. $80 dollar jump? Hurts. :x

Couple of things...

4. Venomenon IS coming to the US...thing Soldier shoe for Kobe...

JM
1. I've been saying that hell most of sneaker news photos are via nt :rofl:
2. Hopefully the price is cheaper but more than likely it's not going to matter to me if I have to buy the colorway.
3. Yes!
4. I'm actually liking the soldier 7s more than the xis for half the price right now maybe venomenons and ixs might be that making it easier on my pockets. Glad nike is giving kobe another shoe in the us hopefully kd is next.

I just realized that I don't feel like anyone has asked this, but how close is the final product to those wear test samples if you know JM?

Honestly if the mid is 220 I'm expecting a 200 low

I love the 8s and I'm sure the 9 will be a performance beast this will be my fav shoe of all time if it has that casual appeal

guess i won't be buying any sig shoes this season then.  i already hate the LeBron X and KD6. and at $220 i will not buy Kobes, even though i love the Kobe 8, and have spent more money on them than any other shoe ever, i easily passed on the Elites because of the price tag.  
same here. It's obvious that Nike does not care but they are going to lose a good amount of previous customers buying the signature lines. Too drastic of a price hike. I don't care if Jesus constructed them. It's ridiculous. Look on NDC and see how many pairs of shoes are over $140. Wasn't this country just going through rough financial times? These are shoes. I love and have been buying Nikes for 25 years with my hard earned cash. I am slowly backing out due to seeing these prices over the past few years. I just can't do it. Nor can I justify doing so. These prices are not for the "mid and lower class". I also find it funny how they give "Celebrities" boxes and boxes of shoes for free. The people who make millions off of us and can afford those free shoes. Who cares that so and so has these or those. It's expected. How about cutting us some slack? $220 for Kobes is outrageous. PERIOD.

same here. It's obvious that Nike does not care but they are going to lose a good amount of previous customers buying the signature lines. Too drastic of a price hike. I don't care if Jesus constructed them. It's ridiculous. Look on NDC and see how many pairs of shoes are over $140. Wasn't this country just going through rough financial times? These are shoes. I love and have been buying Nikes for 25 years with my hard earned cash. I am slowly backing out due to seeing these prices over the past few years. I just can't do it. Nor can I justify doing so. These prices are not for the "mid and lower class". I also find it funny how they give "Celebrities" boxes and boxes of shoes for free. The people who make millions off of us and can afford those free shoes. Who cares that so and so has these or those. It's expected. How about cutting us some slack? $220 for Kobes is outrageous. PERIOD.
QFT

Back
Top Bottom