THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So, if they only release the elite version, they are a low top or mid top ? Since kobeoverbron mention the normal version is a mid top, elite will be low top

Last edited:
Quick question.

If Mamba's line is doing so well, selling out, why would Nike cut back on distribution, then raising the prices? It would seem to me that if it were doing as well as LeBron's line, or even Durant's, they'd increase the availability regardless of price, knowing that they'd sell well.

Something isn't right.

Start saving fellas....

Just heard some bad news from a reputable source...

They will indeed be flyknit... Take down model (venomenon) will make it to US retailers... There won't be many colorways of the 9, venomenon is supposed to make up for that...

And what we've all been waiting for...

sorry no pics... But retail is going to be $220
Thanks s dub but at least I like venomenons. $220 is a lot though but if I like I'll buy. Limited in kobe 8 terms because there is like 30+ colorways or in the 10-20 range? There was like 20 regular lebron x and 10+ lows , 4 exts, and 3 nsw. Maybe kobes will be like that but in limited numbers.

They will indeed be flyknit...
That's good news to me 
happy.gif

they better not fail with the CWs on this... so tired of the stupid looking patterns from the 8...

if it really is flyknit then I wanna see some solid colors, blended colors, and patterns that look like it weren't designed by a 2nd grader.

probably who's written that article heard it on NT first
smokin.gif
well if it's that case means kobe still not ready for season opener maybe until end of year or earlier next year
I would rather Kobe rest and heal than rush back too early and get injured again.  He cannot afford another major injury.  I would not mind if he pulled a D Rose and sat out this season to get back to 100%.  Plus, if he's not playing, the Lakers have no shot at winning many games, which means they would get a high draft pick for next year.  Next year's draft class is supposed to be very very good, so it could help the Lakers rebuild faster if they were to get a high draft pick.
Start saving fellas....

They will indeed be flyknit... Take down model (venomenon) will make it to US retailers... There won't be many colorways of the 9, venomenon is supposed to make up for that...

Man, $220???  You can't be serious.  I'm ok with $180, but $220?  I wonder what "groundbreaking techonology" they will incorporate into these Kobes.  

Start saving fellas....

:stoneface:

:stoneface: that's sucks if true but I wanna see the box I won't be a firm believer until I see that MSRP rating :lol: :\

Quick question.

If Mamba's line is doing so well, selling out, why would Nike cut back on distribution, then raising the prices? It would seem to me that if it were doing as well as LeBron's line, or even Durant's, they'd increase the availability regardless of price, knowing that they'd sell well.

Something isn't right.
flyknit is more time consuming to produce then whats on the lebrons or KDs (KDs having the cheapest build imo, nothing special just CWs)

I don't understand how flyknit fabric cost more than a armour posite material. So now Kobe are the most expensive Sig shoe. Smh scares me to think of how much elites will be this year
I believe it's the knitting process that is costly. I assume over time the process becomes cheaper as the machinery becomes cheaper/more available. 

CANT WAIT... for pics. The kobe line returning to a mid top my prayers have been answered. 

Last edited:

flyknit is more time consuming to produce then whats on the lebrons or KDs (KDs having the cheapest build imo, nothing special just CWs)
So Nike is charging extra for construction time, instead of the quality of materials? 

That line of reasoning is unacceptable, and then not worth two hundred and twenty dollars.

Sorry Mamba, but this is a bad move.

So Nike is charging extra for construction time, instead of the quality of materials? 

That line of reasoning is unacceptable, and then not worth two hundred and twenty dollars.

who said its not better material? lol 

What leads you to believe that flyknit is lesser quality compared to the materials used on the sig lines?

Last edited:

Are you trying to suggest that a knitted shoe is going to be better made, then more durable, than one made of 'posite or leather?

The quality of materials are judged by their resilience.
You gotta take in all the aspects of the shoe i personally dont give a **** if the upper holds for many many years if it feels like im walking on rocks or if the shoe feels super bulky... i believe the kobe 9 will be a really great shoe it will be durable because they will not use the exact same upper found on running type flyknit shoes... they will more then likely do what they did on the kobe 8 were its EM but changed it to better suit the movements made on the basketball court and make it more durable. at the end of the day believe what you want if the price is too much then thats the way you feel aint nothing wrong with that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom