THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So will the kobe 8s have a 2nd Christmas colorway? I'm actually happy we have to wait until February so many shoes coming out.

I'm so anxious to see these.  The Kobe line is my favorite sig. line, and flyknit is my favorite Nike innovation ever!  I like the appearance of the KD VI, but the material is ****.  I will not own another pair of KD VI's for retail, and I am a LeBron hater.  Bring on the Kobe IX!!!

If you don't own flyknits I highly recommend stepping out and trying a pair.  They are amazing.  I wear them very frequently.  I know the Flyknit frees look goofy, but try a pair on at the mall.  They look a lot better on feet, and the lockdown is incredible.  

Last edited:
Encouraged by the Dream Seasons posted... That model always takes design cues from the sig model...

Excited to see the finished product.

I wonder if flyknit is gonna have a effect on sizing for me most kobe models are tts besides the 7

I wonder if they'll sell those takedown in the US to test the market for them since the 9s are indeed not selling until 2014(not counting the HTM/QS). I'd buy a pair. :nerd: :nerd:

Kobe 9 won't release in December...probably not going to see the first colorway hit retail until the ASG 2014...

JM

Thanks for the solid info.

I'm not that mad at that, if only because I'm getting nostalgic about the Kobe 1 release. The first to drop were the All-Star's that February if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not that mad at that, if only because I'm getting nostalgic about the Kobe 1 release. The first to drop were the All-Star's that February if I'm not mistaken.

The Kobe 1 is a very nice and underrated shoe, but most jumped on the band wagon when the KB 5's came out. As for the Kobe 1, the Black/Yellow (Varsity Maize) (81 pt game), dropped as a QS in December and January.

Not totally liking the idea of the 9s dropping post-Dec if only cuz I've gotten used to that Xmas colorway starting things off along with an Away/Del Sol colorway. I guess if the HTM/QS rumors are true, I could see that maybe doubling as the Xmas. Should be interesting to see how this whole staggered release schedule works out for Nike with the KDs first, Lebrons second, and Kobes third.

The Kobe 1 is a very nice and underrated shoe, but most jumped on the band wagon when the KB 5's came out. As for the Kobe 1, the Black/Yellow (Varsity Maize) (81 pt game), dropped as a QS in December and January.
Kobe Zoom 1 definitely underrated. Beat those to the ground. Would love another pair.

Excuse my ignorance, but did the Kobe 8 ever have a preheat kind of release?

^The Xmas time releases are usually the closest thing to a "preheat" colorway that Kobes usually get. The Venom IVs were I think the most limited of those kind of releases. But for the 8s, it was pretty much just the Xmas, if you're counting that as a "preheat" kind of release. Otherwise, no.

Last edited:
^The Xmas time releases are usually the closest thing to a "preheat" colorway that Kobes usually get. The Venom IVs were I think the most limited of those kind of releases. But for the 8s, it was pretty much just the Xmas, if you're counting that as a "preheat" kind of release. Otherwise, no.
Thanks fam. Just so im not confusing this though between QS/limited release and preheat. It was my understanding that preheat is usually to hype up a sig line before its release and much smaller #s than a QS or limited release?

Pretty sure the first ZK1 colorway to drop was the white/black-red "All-Star" pair on February 10, 2006. I remember going to Footlocker that morning because I was pretty excited to buy a Kobe sig in-store. The black/maize pair came later... they were an online quickstrike in March or something to celebrate the 81 point game, which I remember made no sense because they were the wrong CW and months after the game :lol:

They're probably just waiting until February for the 9 just in case his recovery takes a while. But part of me is hoping this doesn't turn out to be "full circle" i.e. Nike launching his first and last signature sneakers around All-Star :frown:

Thanks fam. Just so im not confusing this though between QS/limited release and preheat. It was my understanding that preheat is usually to hype up a sig line before its release and much smaller #s than a QS or limited release?

I refuse to give into Nike's ridiculous naming and categorizing :lol:. But yes, as far as I see it, it's just a limited colorway coming before the first, widely available GR release, to get the hype train going. Think the Crown Jewels for the Lebron X.

I thought I remembered the Black/Maize online QS drop happening a couple weeks before the ASGs, and then the Black/Maize dropping more widely after that, which was when I got my pair. The Black/Maize QS release definitely couldn't have been in December cuz the 81 point game didn't even happen until 1/22/2006. Either way, I do remember being kinda confused why the ASGs weren't exactly like the ones that Kobe wore with the blue though :lol: Always kinda irked me that they never did a real release of the true 81 point colorway though. That 81 pair super limited release they did was BS :smh:

I thought I remembered the Black/Maize online QS drop happening a couple weeks before the ASGs, and then the Black/Maize dropping more widely after that, which was when I got my pair. The Black/Maize QS release definitely couldn't have been in December cuz the 81 point game didn't even happen until 1/22/2006. Either way, I do remember being kinda confused why the ASGs weren't exactly like the ones that Kobe wore with the blue though :lol: Always kinda irked me that they never did a real release of the true 81 point colorway though. That 81 pair super limited release they did was BS :smh:

My apologies, Kobe wore the Black/Maize to the game I went to in Portland in December, that is probably where I got the December release date from, however I do remember 2 drops one before the All Star game and another around the All Star game break (I remember being hella annoyed as well with the BS Nike was pulling with these LAKER colorway shoes) and when I got my 2 pairs from Niketown they were being tagged the 81pt game shoe (although he wore the CONCORD KOBE 1 WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED AS A GR OR EVEN LIMITED GR, SO LIKE YOU I WAS AND STILL AM HELLA SALTY ABOUT THAT ONE). My fam use to work for Nike and since I had 2 pairs shipped (one from 2 different Niketown stores which the managers agreed), other higher ups in Nike got all pissy about it, because I got them on discount.

Last edited:
Damn, I really don't remember any drops before the faux All-Stars. I was on top of all those releases too. Maybe my memory is just really shot.

Whatever the case, a Jan-Feb release of the 9's would almost take me back to the good ol days

And trust, Nike will eventually drop those true 81-point game shoes. Probably when he retires. They won't let their Kobe line fade out without truly cashing in on that performance.

Back
Top Bottom