THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

You gotta take in all the aspects of the shoe i personally dont give a **** if the upper holds for many many years if it feels like im walking on rocks or if the shoe feels super bulky... i believe the kobe 9 will be a really great shoe it will be durable because they will not use the exact same upper found on running type flyknit shoes... they will more then likely do what they did on the kobe 8 were its EM but changed it to better suit the movements made on the basketball court and make it more durable. at the end of the day believe what you want if the price is too much then thats the way you feel aint nothing wrong with that
If you've worn them, did the ZK1 feel like walking on rocks to you?

That was a high quality shoe, one that was very durable.

they're trying to make a high quality basketball shoe, im pretty sure it'll be durable if you use it for it's purposes such as playing ball or walking casually

i am pretty sure the shoe wont last long if your hiking or some other bull

Greasy Green sounding like he wants his shoes to survive nuclear bombs and ish

If they're $220... they can pretty much keep them for all I care. Nike is raising prices at a rapid pace just to see how far they can push the limits... Eff That. They're not getting my dollars if it's the truth.
But for some reason, I doubt $220 is the actual Truth, b/c most of these NT Insiders are full of BS anyways. *Kobe Shrug*

I just find it so surprising/interesting how these cost more than the LeBrons.

Maybe the complexity of production is another factor to why the price is high.

they're trying to make a high quality basketball shoe, im pretty sure it'll be durable if you use it for it's purposes such as playing ball or walking casually

No need for that exaggeration. If the discussion makes you feel uncomfortable, I then apologize. However, if I am going to pay two twenty for a hoops shoe, it had better last more than several outdoor games. A shoe at that price had better be just as good both indoors and then out, especially if it will be suggested to be a good performance shoe.

Last edited:

No need for that exaggeration. If the discussion makes you feel uncomfortable, I then apologize. However, if I am going to pay two twenty for a hoops shoe, it had better last more than several outdoor games. A shoe at that price had better be just as good both indoors and then out, especially if it will be suggested to be a good performance shoe.

most of my shoes take more punishment indoors than outdoor, only my outsoles really get killed outdoors

i really dont expect Nike to make an indestructible rubber so that problem will remain, but as for the upper material I have no doubt it will last, honestly seeing how they reinforced the engineered mesh on the 8's with tpu makes me have hope the upper on these will be durable too

most of my shoes take more punishment indoors than outdoor, only my outsoles really get killed outdoors

i really dont expect Nike to make an indestructible rubber so that problem will remain, but as for the upper material I have no doubt it will last, honestly seeing how they reinforced the engineered mesh on the 8's with tpu makes me have hope the upper on these will be durable too
The upper of the 8 was not durable. 

In fact, I returned my first pair after initially thinking they were defective. I got the second pair, and the same wearing in certain spots happened, which was unfortunate.

The most durable of the line were the 1 though 4.

For two twenty, and I understand the push for innovation, but I'd like to see a throwback to materials that were both resilient and good looking.

laugh.gif
 im saying lol itll be durable to ball in 

Must've read my post of making the Venomenon available since the 9 are a late starter :lol: :nerd: And with the price of $220? They are giving you the takedown(not a bad looking shoe) if it too much for you to swallow. It is a tough pill to swallow given the 8 are $140+ but it is what it is. :frown: Start saving indeed. Years of keeping the price steady was bound to blow up. |I Hopefully that's the price of the HTM or Elites and the regular 9 will be less.

The upper of the 8 was not durable. 

In fact, I returned my first pair after initially thinking they were defective. I got the second pair, and the same wearing in certain spots happened, which was unfortunate.
The most durable of the line were the 1 though 4.

For two twenty, and I understand the push for innovation, but I'd like to see a throwback to materials that were both resilient and good looking.

weird mine only scraped around certain parts if thats what your talking about thats normal wear and tear, Im talking about holes in the upper or it literally ripping open

i'm still going by with what i said before.

regular - $140-$160 no flynit (not the venomenom)
elite - $200+ with flynit

elite will be out before the playoffs though, since lakers aren't making the playoffs..

Last edited:
What people have to understand, with all the BS Excuses of cost of production (especially with Flyknit,etc)... these companies are dumb strict with their margins, all the while increasing prices over the past few yrs in a manner that isn't reflective of cost of production. On average... most sneakers we see from these companies cost much less than 8% of the actual MSRP to produce... and that's not only cost of production of the shoe itself, but sourcing, shipping, packaging & marketing included.

The cost of production is a tad higher if we're talking about flyknit pieces, but it's definitely not relative to the explosion of inflation that Nike's rolling w/ these days. Most of these Retail Prices just simply aren't justified, even when taking demand into account. 

Last edited:
weird mine only scraped around certain parts if thats what your talking about thats normal wear and tear, Im talking about holes in the upper or it literally ripping open
Well, perhaps you do not play as many games, nor as frequently as I do. Also, there are many pics showing the same wear, all in the 8 thread, that I have experienced.

My uppers always outlast the soles, with the 8 being the exception.

The cost of production is a tad higher if we're talking about flyknit pieces, but it's definitely not relative to the explosion of inflation that Nike's rolling w/ these days. Most of these Retail Prices just simply aren't justified, even when taking demand into account. 
the wear samples had alot of Carbon Fiber... if we see as much Carbon Fiber on the final product wouldnt that aswell increase the price of the shoe? And yes i am aware how cheap it costs Nike or a shoe company to build a shoe

Ive been on that thread for a while at most 10 people have said they had issues with the upper
I'd say that's accurate. However you've got to remember, every one who purchased those shoes, are not on Nike Talk discussing their experiences with that shoe. Ten here on Nike Talk is a pretty substantial sum, and that experience should be unacceptable for those of us who only play in one pair of shoes, especially while considering the price and value of a so called high end performance shoe. But I do understand that most of you are more sneakerheads and collectors, much more than you are athletes, so the wear and tears in your rotation will be much less noticeable.

Nike helpings me save money with a price hike like that. Yes, I have 3 flyknit shoes already. The chukka is great and all but still not worth the price to me. I really like the idea of using flyknit for these but at that price I'll maybe get 3 tops. Unlike the 8s were I'm at 12 pair at this point. From $140 to $220? They're smoking some good ish in Oregon. That's pretty drastic.

The cost of production is a tad higher if we're talking about flyknit pieces, but it's definitely not relative to the explosion of inflation that Nike's Trolling w/ these days. Most of these Retail Prices just simply aren't justified, even when taking demand into account. 

Fixed

Last edited:
I really hope Im wrong about the price, but I dont think I am...

as far as the venomenon, Im happy about that, but Im pretty sure they'll be priced in the 130-140 range.... and Kobe wont be using them on court. Most of us want the colorways/pairs that hes using, so we'll be stuck with that 220 price tag...

from what I hear, this has a lot to do with slow sales in some areas, and his injury. Nikes just playing it safe.

I really hope Im wrong about the price, but I dont think I am...

as far as the venomenon, Im happy about that, but Im pretty sure they'll be priced in the 130-140 range.... and Kobe wont be using them on court. Most of us want the colorways/pairs that hes using, so we'll be stuck with that 220 price tag...

from what I hear, this has a lot to do with slow sales in some areas, and his injury. Nikes just playing it safe.

Slow sales? I wonder what areas have some 8s sitting I have like 3 I want to stock locate. Injury makes since considering how the d rose 3s barely sell.

My local footlocker had most grs sitting for months... Another spot in my mall as well. I'm in SoCal as well, where they should sell fairly well. Imagine in areas outside of Cali where people despise Kobe. I'm sure there's stores sitting on most colorways in decent sizes...

My local footlocker had most grs sitting for months... Another spot in my mall as well. I'm in SoCal as well, where they should sell fairly well. Imagine in areas outside of Cali where people despise Kobe. I'm sure there's stores sitting on most colorways in decent sizes...
Mine too until April I'm in Georgia now there is only the volts one pair all 5 pps, and taipans.
I hope nike doesn't boost the price of the venomenons in the us kicks crew has the ones out now for $105.

All we have sitting here are PPs and taipans sitting, graffitis are running out but those are still widely available at most spots I go to

So S Dubl, do you know what will Kobe wear at Christmas ? Is it mean Kobe will wear the 8 up to march?

Back
Top Bottom