THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So No Christmas Kobe This Year ?

There will be one but it's not gonna be the 9.

If I'm paying $140 for a good shoe, I will have absolutely zero problems paying $200 for the same shoe with substantial upgrades. I will, however, have a problem paying $200 for the same $140 shoe with "fake upgrades".

really disappointed about to hear that , when most of the NBA players have a NEW model to wear at the start of the season, but Kobe still need to wear the 8 up to next year ? holy

really disappointed about to hear that , when most of the NBA players have a NEW model to wear at the start of the season, but Kobe still need to wear the 8 up to next year ? holy

they're making the kobe series the "Jordan" for Nike. So the drop will now be during the ASG.

we are on the 9th kobe, but till this day I still think December/January release dates for kobes is dumb as hell... business wise, it probably makes sense for nike.

But still stupid

I
^ don't understand what just happened here.

I think JM was referring to the fact that greasy dude said he couldn't care less whose name was on the shoe. Then he proceeded to say he could get Allen Edmonds shoes for the same price.

I

I think JM was referring to the fact that greasy dude said he couldn't care less whose name was on the shoe. Then he proceeded to say he could get Allen Edmonds shoes for the same price.

Lol didn't mean that question literally but thanks anyways lol.

Last edited:
It sounds like some people are trying to defend Nike, and that's fine if that's your opinion, but unless they are paying their workers more, please tell me why, other than marketing/branding and the mere fact they can, the prices should go up so significantly?

I did buy elite 8s, but not for retail. That's how I could justify it, but I'm looking at a purely retail, no discount perspective. I'm not saying the 9s won't be the greatest shoe ever (not saying they will be, either) but are we paying for the process of making the shoe or what is actually in the shoe (materials and tech)? Once you answer that, ask yourself "is it still worth the 220"?

All I'm saying, plus without pics what the hell else is there to discuss in here anyway? Haha y'all be easy...

also if they arent releasing until next year we will most likely not be seeing any pics any time soon 
mean.gif

Debating whether or not Nike can justify the price increase is irrelevant. They are producing the product we all (most) want and they can do it so long as they continue to have their sales goals met, which I'm assuming they are.

I don't think they would price products so that they would sit for months on end (in a general sense and not specifically the elites because that was a miscalculation).

Talking about how much products should cost is subjective. A price we think is fair, Nike may not view as fair.

Yeah, an increase in the price sucks. More than likely it will affect the number of IXs I choose to buy. If you don't like what they're priced at, then don't buy it.

Last edited:
It sounds like some people are trying to defend Nike, and that's fine if that's your opinion, but unless they are paying their workers more, please tell me why, other than marketing/branding and the mere fact they can, the prices should go up so significantly?

I did buy elite 8s, but not for retail. That's how I could justify it, but I'm looking at a purely retail, no discount perspective. I'm not saying the 9s won't be the greatest shoe ever (not saying they will be, either) but are we paying for the process of making the shoe or what is actually in the shoe (materials and tech)? Once you answer that, ask yourself "is it still worth the 220"?

All I'm saying, plus without pics what the hell else is there to discuss in here anyway? Haha y'all be easy...

The cost of materials has risen greatly over the past few years. I work for a large apparel company and we've had to raise the prices of our products also. Lots of it has to do with the policies coming out of Washington right now. The more we keep spending and printing money like crazy, the value of the dollar will continue to fall.

I'm not defending Nike. I'm rationalizing why I would still buy a $200-220 shoe. If the material and build warrants that kind of price, then I'm ok with it. I'd rather spend money than pay less for a shoe made of plastic.

I hear you, I wasn't singling anyone out, I just like hearing reasons as to why people do things or think a certain way. With not much movement in this thread, I thought I'd spice it up a bit haha.

The cost of materials has risen greatly over the past few years. I work for a large apparel company and we've had to raise the prices of our products also. Lots of it has to do with the policies coming out of Washington right now. The more we keep spending and printing money like crazy, the value of the dollar will continue to fall.
yeah. that stimulus money did far more harm than good. At the rate we're printing money we'll be paying in gold in my lifetime.

I'm not defending Nike. I'm rationalizing why I would still buy a $200-220 shoe. If the material and build warrants that kind of price, then I'm ok with it. I'd rather spend money than pay less for a shoe made of plastic.
The KD VI is a perfect example of this.  I am a huge KD fan, but $130 for a shoe that feels cheap.. C'mon man!  The upper on the KD VI is stiff plastic that creases easily.  For $10 more I can get a pair of Kobe VIII's.  It's not close.  Similar to you, I would pay a price that is fitting for the quality of the shoe.  I won't buy another KD VI unless it is discounted, because I feel the price is unjust.  I'm all in the Kobe 9, because the VI sucks and I am a LeBron hater.

Last edited:

they're making the kobe series the "Jordan" for Nike. So the drop will now be during the ASG.

wouldn't it make more sense to do this with the LeBron line?? Reason being that Kobe is on his 9th shoe and is going to retire shortly and NOW they want to make it like the Jordan line. that seems odd. but as I think about it Lebron is on his 11th shoe. so really they should just leave it as it is and release in December....

I think he meant only in terms of the release. Jordan Brand uses All-Star Weekend as a launchpad for its signature model, which becomes a prevalent shoe for the second half of the season. Nike looks like it'll be doing the same with the Kobe's.

They are trying to carve out specific windows for each of their main lines. ASG is a good window for one. Better than the summer for KD.

Last edited:
I actually like the late release, similar to the early shoes of his model, which is weird they are going back like that now. But reason I like it is the spacing out between the sigs allows you to really be into one shoe for a certain part of the year. I only bought 1 pair of the new KDs, probably gonna stay that way for now. LeBron's look very intriguing, and I cannot wait to see what the Kobe line has in store for us, spacing out the releases makes it more "reasonable" to buy each signature now haha.

I actually like the late release, similar to the early shoes of his model, which is weird they are going back like that now. But reason I like it is the spacing out between the sigs allows you to really be into one shoe for a certain part of the year. I only bought 1 pair of the new KDs, probably gonna stay that way for now. LeBron's look very intriguing, and I cannot wait to see what the Kobe line has in store for us, spacing out the releases makes it more "reasonable" to buy each signature now haha.

Tough to say it, but I do agree. I've hardly had time to hoop in all the 8s and other sig models that I own. Some time may not be so bad haha. Money-wise it's a help as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom