THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
put some figures up since your so resourceful

Follow @MattSOS or @darrenrovell on Twitter if you want figures...

How do you come to the conclusion that Kobe 8 hasn't sold well? I am not sure that I have seen a sale tag on even one color at a store in the mall?

JM

I'm pretty sure this JM is an insider at the big swoosh, while the other one who owns that site is damn near just as oblivious as us :lol:

yea thats what i thought. that jmsneaker guy seems like he just tries to hype releases so he can charge high prices on his site. whats up with that? how does dude have an insider label underneath his name? since when has niketalk been in bed with websites who try to bend us over backwards?

please do point me to the way to a pair of sulfurs man....

cant get **** that i missed....

use to be able to clean up in the summer with kobes...like 79 to 99 a pair...

couldnt find one damn colorway this summer that was released in the beginning

please do point me to the way to a pair of sulfurs man....

cant get **** that i missed....

use to be able to clean up in the summer with kobes...like 79 to 99 a pair...

couldnt find one damn colorway this summer that was released in the beginning
This... Many cases even less. I picked up ink Vs for $40 for my son...

Kobe 8 isn't selling well??? LOL...in what world???

Kobe 8 is probably the best selling Kobe in terms of liquidation and turn ever...

It amazes me the delusional nature of the Internet...

JM

This.

Here in NYC they've been doing way better than the previous models, especially the popular Kobe 4.

Prior to the 8, Kobe kicks would collect dust on shelves.

Last edited:
Not gonna read into those not buying because of the price until the first hyped/limited release(looks to be htm/x'mas)
tongue.gif
I haven't bought a Kobe, above $200 retail, mainly because they looked boring. If it's gonna look nice I'm gonna pay the price but gonna be selective/limit what I'm gonna buy after that. Just need them to show every color way including iD so I can see what I will use this 15% code on.
Pretty much.  I purchased almost every Kobe 8 I own for either retail or below retail.  I've been spoiled by it.  If this shoe is dope, I'll go quality over quantity and grab my must haves, then hope for the rest to go on disco to balance it out.  I made the mistake at scoffing at the price of Flyknits at first.  Avoided them forever because I knew what would happen the second I put a pair on my feet.  Caused me to miss out on my favorite pairs.  Times have changed, just have to avoid getting too caught up beyond absolute must haves.

It's funny how a guy with less than nine months and 300 post under his belt. Want to take an idiot shot at the mighty JM. SN says it all

wasn't shots was a serious question y'all get it twisted over some words.

not knocking "the all mighty" JM

The guy drops insider info HEAVY

besides the CWs everyone beasts over you can find plenty of the rest in the NW

we're 3/4 done with the Kobe 8 & I've seen blues, purp fades, eatsers, VB, volts, pythons, yots, graffitis, & more weeks after release

IMO they went HAM with the CWs and overproduced, which is probably part of the reason why JM SAYS THEY WILL SCALE BACK WITH THE 9...

idgaf bout my join date or post ratio...why do you, does it validate something?

Mr. JM Adidas,

There was a time that Nike would make what would be called an LE, a leather version of a synthetic performance shoe. If you have the answer, why did they stop doing this?

I would think that Kobe's recent sig shoes would be perfect for such an option, especially for those of us who do not mind the extra weight. 

Last edited:

we're 3/4 done with the Kobe 8 & I've seen blues, purp fades, eatsers, VB, volts, pythons, yots, graffitis, & more weeks after release

IMO they went HAM with the CWs and overproduced, which is probably part of the reason why JM SAYS THEY WILL SCALE BACK WITH THE 9...

What does seeing a shoe somewhere weeks after release have to do with it selling poorly?

There are very, very, very, very few shoes that sellout 100% the first day...that doesn't mean they are selling poorly...that's ridiculous and a product of Internet hype vs real-world reality...

The number of colorways being too many or not can be debated, but you can't debate that the sales of Kobe 8 have been tremendously good...

The number of colorways of the 9's doesn't have anything to do with the sales of the 8's...

JM

|I you can't go to a couple of stores around your neighborhood and base worldwide sales numbers off of that. If every single store around you didn't sell one single kobe 8 you still couldn't make the statement you made.

Just because a shoe is available doesn't mean it didn't sell well

1) never said POORLY

2) seen 'em @ multiple retailers from Eugene, OR to Vancouver,WA... IN THE NW

3)lets not even get to a worldwide sales debate on bb shoes, cause their not as desired as they are in the states

4) I use phrases as IMO & PROBABLY...never said fact/truth

the Kobe 8 line isn't done & I guess we'll see what ends up @ outlets at discounted price once the dust settles...which is a loss for Nike when they MISS OUT ON MSRP, no matter the reasoning of your business ethics

/kobe 8 discussion & get back to the 9

JM, i just wonder how many mid top version of 9 will nike release, since they also have a low top version too

1) never said POORLY

2) seen 'em @ multiple retailers from Eugene, OR to Vancouver,WA... IN THE NW

3)lets not even get to a worldwide sales debate on bb shoes, cause their not as desired as they are in the states

4) I use phrases as IMO & PROBABLY...never said fact/truth

the Kobe 8 line isn't done & I guess we'll see what ends up @ outlets at discounted price once the dust settles...which is a loss for Nike when they MISS OUT ON MSRP, no matter the reasoning of your business ethics

/kobe 8 discussion & get back to the 9

Not really interested in going back and forth with you as your understanding of basic business and the industry is not at a level where we can have a reasonable conversation...

Less than MSRP is not a "loss" for Nike...Nike makes their money on the product when they sell the product to retailers...

EVEN IF they end up coming back to Nike and they have to sell them at outlets...they are selling shoes like Kobe's at WELL ABOVE the cost to produce them...even factoring in all of the freight costs, etc...

And...there is not a business ethics debate going on here...

JM

Re-tweet by the guy who originally predicted a December release. Most likely no one but Nike and its employees know for sure and all else it's all hear say. 

I'm sorry, but are you suggesting that one should play with less intensity and frequency, while wearing a two hundred twenty dollar shoe?

I'm sure that you'll understand that this line of reasoning is completely unacceptable, right? 

I didn't say that. It's just not designed for you to play in them everyday for a year or to be played in outdoors or whatever your personal needs are. I say a typical Kobe shoe will last you around 2-3 basketball leagues. Dude, you're talking as if the shoe will fall apart on your first wear. How long have you been buying shoes? :lol:

Guys, what's your idea of a "good selling shoe"? If a store gets 24 pairs and they sell let's say 13 pairs... That's considered as acceptable. Just because it didn't sell out doesn't mean ****. Do you honestly think the Nike Frees and Lunarglides sell 90-100%? I've rarely seen a running shoe sell out but they continue to release multiple colorways and models yearly. Think about it. What more for a highly successful Signature line like the Kobe series.

It's just hard to fathom that with things still not peachy economically, Nike has the balls to do this with the Kobe line. The people that would want these shoes the most, i.e. teenagers, inner city kids, etc., will never touch these. My good friend's father is pretty high up in the Nike Golf department and has friends associated with other lines of the business. He even said that half the things he buys wouldn't be bought unless he got that discount. I asked him how they are able to get away with price hikes across the board, including tee-shirts costing upwards of 30 and shoes being made with cheaper materials but higher pricing. He tried to explain it, but then at the end capped it off with "at the end of the day, they do it because they can, and know people will still buy due to the cult-like following."

That last statement kinda hit because, I mean, look at all of us. I'm not knocking it one bit, but the fact there is a Niketalk and there are sneaker boards designed for people to know about shoes and obtain shoes, sometimes at any cost (as we all have seen here and there) shows that is there anyone really to blame but ourselves? I am definitely going to take a stand from here on out, not because I can't afford a pair that costs $220 here and there (hell, not on the reg tho lol), but because when will it end? People keep saying the bubble will burst, but unless it's across the board and widespread with the "boycott" nothing will change.

Justify it however you want, but I guarantee Kobe 9's will sell well, and Nike will find a reason to charge more and more. As consumers, we allow them to do this, so either take a stand or keep buying, but don't complain and then come on here saying "welp, had to do it", because that is exactly why it is "justified" in the eyes of corporations like Nike.

Just my $0.02, sorry for the long post.

well duh man if u honestly didnt realize that they increase the price because at the end of the day people will still pay up then youve been blinded... just look at JB quality and youd have your answer people who can compare the quality of jordan retros produced prior to 2003 to what it is now will tell you that now a days they only sell because of the branding not because of great quality. kids see it as a fashion trend. those recent 3lab5s would not have sold out if it didnt have a jumpman on it. they woulda got major hate if it was reebok or adidas... and yes they are designed for kobe specifically its his signature shoe so if your looking for a shoe that is for thd general public stick with a hyperdunk... ive always wondered what kobes favorite shoe is specifically were he ranks the 7 due to the majority of kobe collectors complaining about it maybe to him they're in his top 3... they are again designed for him.

Back
Top Bottom