THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
IMO the 8's aren't selling as well due to over-producing of the line.

Nike accommodating every JOE BLOW who wants to venture in the "hip" small business of reselling isn't doing anyone any good.

how many red, orange, grey/green, purple/plum/pink CWs do we need?

seems like they want to get back to basics with the 9, while introducing new tech
It may well be due to overproduction, but do not doubt the fact that many do not like Kobe either, as he hasn't done himself any favors over the years. Even his biggest fans can admit that.

Nike accommodating every JOE BLOW who wants to venture in the "hip" small business of reselling isn't doing anyone any good.

seems like they want to get back to basics with the 9, while introducing new tech

When you say over producing, are you referring to the number of CWS, or overall stock of each release? I ask because from what I've seen most people report, even the most general releases seem to only show up in one FSR at the average store.

If you are referring to the sheer number of CWS, I'd have to agree even though I love it as the more choices the better for me personally. When you drop so many though, it forces the majority of even the most repeat purchasers to choose which to buy. Where as if the number was cut in half, many wouldn't have to pick one or the other. I believe the sales have only been as good as they have due to the low production of even general releases of the Kobe 8.

I see your point and its a good one with a great reason/logic behind it. But when it comes to a basketball shoe designed for a NBA player, they could care less about the general public. If they are truly designing it to perform the absolute best for the player who's shoe it is, they are literally only aiming for the shoe to hold up for one game. Since Kobe himself has an unlimited supply of shoes to play in, needing to design the shoe to last even 2 games is not necessary for the most important factor, the NBA player.

Of course, that conflicts with the regular guy who isn't going to play in a brand new pair every game/day. But, Nike also knows the majority of the shoe purchases is solely based off looks/fashion instead of performance or longevity. For people without unlimited funds, at the price these shoes currently cost, people look to take as much care of them as they can. For the average buyer, the cost is already so high that most cannot afford to beat the shoe up and grab another.

Sure, you have your exceptions like most that participate on these boards. But the average buyer has to be very selective with their purchases and how they care for their shoes as they can't afford that many. Which in turn causes those same buyers not to push the shoe to their limits which in the end means Nike's main goal is performance for Kobe for one game and just to make sure the shoe stays together for awhile for the reg buyer.
I understand your point, and I agree. However, it wasn't too long ago that The Best Ever in the opinion of so many, was wearing shoes that do last for more than two good games, both indoors and out. Say what you will about the quality of  retro Jordan's, but they still do what they were built to do, and in many cases, far exceeding those shoes that are now being called performance beasts, due to what's supposedly in them, instead of the animal they are made from.

The ZK1's were built in that vain. If they were to make that shoe right now, then slapping close to  a two bill tag on that, they would be worth it, at least in my estimation.

Last edited:
I understand your point, and I agree. However, it wasn't too long ago that The Best Ever in the opinion of so many, was wearing shoes that do last for more than two good games, both indoors and out. Say what you will about the quality of  retro Jordan's, but they still do what they were built to do, and in many cases, far exceeding those shoes that are now being called performance beasts, due to what's supposedly in them, instead of the animal they are made from.

The ZK1's were built in that vain. If they were to make that shoe right now, then slapping close to  a two bill tag on that, they would be worth it, at least in my estimation.

Definitely. And don't get me wrong, I don't believe Nike makes a shoe and purposely says who cares if it lasts or not, as long as it holds up for Kobe for a game, it's perfect. But at the same time I just really believe they know as long as it looks good and is hyped up, it will sell. The buyers of the shoes are a huge reason why they can get away with a lot of things that would not fly in almost any other industrys quality standards.

Of course everyone has different needs, as with yourself. You want a shoe that performs while I fall into just for fashion category. Nike has quite a challenge to keep a balance to appease many people with many different needs/reasons for shoe purchases.

But I honestly question if they really care anymore at all. With the recent quality of many Retro Jordan releases, it truly makes me believe they could make the worst shoe ever out of $1 dollar material, slap a Jumpman Symbol on it, give it a quick strike tag and sell out in 34 seconds anyway.

When you say over producing, are you referring to the number of CWS, or overall stock of each release? I ask because from what I've seen most people report, even the most general releases seem to only show up in one FSR at the average store.

If you are referring to the sheer number of CWS, I'd have to agree even though I love it as the more choices the better for me personally. When you drop so many though, it forces the majority of even the most repeat purchasers to choose which to buy. Where as if the number was cut in half, many wouldn't have to pick one or the other. I believe the sales have only been as good as they have due to the low production of even general releases of the Kobe 8.

BOTH

tons of GR kobes sit here in the NW until they get shipped out/allocated elsewhere due to demand

4 pack of the PP's wasn't necessary and how many other CW's left,supposedly 5+?

TBH this year's model seemed cheap to produce with materials used...so maybe they over-shot sales figures?

I'm actually a fan of the shoe & only needed a few CW due to the simplicity of design. You can only do so much with a low top canvas

Last edited:
But you're missing something lewi... The prevous elites were not limited in numbers. Heck, all the ASG sold out! including the black gold elites.

The 9s will be quite limited by default.
this idk what lewi b smoking the black gold elite 8s arr pretty much hard to find now... I understand the 7s but thats cuz not to many people were happy with the regular 7s so why shell out the extra money for a shoe that would be uncomfortable to wear lol

BOTH

tons of GR kobes sit here in the NW until they get shipped out/allocated elsewhere due to demand

4 pack of the PP's wasn't necessary and how many other CW's left,supposedly 5+?

TBH this year's model seemed cheap to produce with materials used...so maybe they over-shot sales figures?

I'm actually a fan of the shoe & only needed a few CW due to the simplicity of design. You can only do so much with a low top canvas

Gotcha. Yea they do seem to be weird in that way. In some areas, they get snatched up fast while others across the country report them sitting on shelves. The folks who know end up doing stock locates and having the stores with stock ship their remaining inventory in to an area where they fly off the shelves.

Yea, the 4 PPs dropping was quite a surprise to me due to the timing of all them hitting pretty much all at once. 4 colorways all at once is a rarity I am definitely not used to. I'm not complaining though because I'm a Kobe 8 fiend who just can't get enough.

I differ from you greatly about only needing a few. I have over 15 and want more, lol.

It's annoying when people defend nike to death like they getting free shoes. @kobeoverbron after all the reasons you listed it is still crazy to go up $80 in a year and s dub said that the 8s are not selling well or well enough in some areas including so cal. Let's be real in the us kobe is one of the most hated players it's dumb of one of your reason is slow sales in some areas to raise a hated player shoe by $80. Yes it makes it easier for us who want to buy the 9s because these will sit worse in those same areas the 8s are. Slow sales if the 9s better not stop them for going all out for the 10s.

yeah,80 is ridiculous man. I know. But you gotta understand, Nike is making Kobe's sig the "Jordan" of this era. Especially with his legacy already cemented and his reputation in cruise control. How much are the Jordan XX8s? They were ''ugly' right? Look at it now.

I'm not defending Nike's price increase, I'm just rationalizing why I'd still buy 2 pairs of the 9. I got 3 pairs of 8s, why not cop 2 this time? And who said sales is slow? LMAO. Just because you see pairs still on shelves doesn't mean ****. Trust me, just from Quickstrikes and semi limited releases alone, Nike has already reached what it needs to. Slow sales :lol:

Regarding the durability issue, you have to understand that this shoe wasn't really made to fit the needs of the regular outdoor/rec player. It was made for Kobe and if you want to wear Kobe's shoe, there will be adjustments on your part. Do you really think designers think of how many pick up games you can get when designing a SIGNATURE shoe? Go grab a hyperdunk or actualizer. This was made to be played in on an NBA court and obviously, durability wasn't the main concern.
This is the reason why I always get multiple pairs of his sig so that I can rotate for on court use. Up until now, all my Kobes are fresh and god knows I don't have that many. I play both indoor and outdoor.

well every cw isn't flying off the shelves...smh qs, there were about 4-5 that you could consider qs

My perspective comes from someone who will play in his kicks. Years ago I may have been considered a sneakerhead, but once adulthood struck, other things became more important. I buy one pair of shoes to play ball in, and I wear them til' the wheels fall off, just as I did when I was a kid. If the shoe is well made, then with high quality materials, I expect them to last from three to nine months, while playing at least three to five times a week, perhaps five games per run. For 220, I'd expect that sort of shoe to last about a year, then perhaps even more. No offense to anyone here, but this is where I place value, and I never, ever fall for that performance hype. Performance for me is how durable and resilient the shoes are, while giving me support when and where I need it, for as long as they are able to be laced. Perhaps Kobe needs his shoes to feel as if they've been played in for six months or more, right out of the box, but the downside of that is when a shoe feels that way from the jump, this also means that they are not going to last very long, as per the last few models in his line. It seems that now if I am going to wear a Kobe Bryant shoe, then expecting it to last me for a good while, it's going to have to be the Crazy 8, or whatever they are calling them these days.

It's sad because I like the look of most of Kobe's newer shoes from Nike, I just wish Nike made them with better materials, especially if they are going to charge that much.

Good luck guys, and enjoy.

What surprises me still is that you dont but foams for ball, those shoes will legit provide the durability your talking about, they are heavy as hell and stuff but yea you should be good

Seems to me that you value above all else durability, nothing wrong with that, some others like me want performance out of their sneakers in the form of reaction time, comfort, and fit

And for us i guess thats gonna be this sneaker

Regarding the durability issue, you have to understand that this shoe wasn't really made to fit the needs of the regular outdoor/rec player. It was made for Kobe and if you want to wear Kobe's shoe, there will be adjustments on your part.
I'm sorry, but are you suggesting that one should play with less intensity and frequency, while wearing a two hundred twenty dollar shoe?

I'm sure that you'll understand that this line of reasoning is completely unacceptable, right? 

What surprises me still is that you dont but foams for ball, those shoes will legit provide the durability your talking about, they are heavy as hell and stuff but yea you should be good

Seems to me that you value above all else durability, nothing wrong with that, some others like me want performance out of their sneakers in the form of reaction time, comfort, and fit

And for us i guess thats gonna be this sneaker
I buy shoes from all brands, so there are better options than foamposites, such as the Crazy 8, Jordan XII, ZK1, Converse Weapon, Li Ning Way Of Wade, Top Ten 2000, and even more. My issue with the latest from the Kobe line, is that I find them good looking, but not very well put together.

Who doesn't like to play in good looking shoes?  So my disappointment is in their lack of resilience, and the expenses required to currenly stay in that shoe line.

Regarding the durability issue, you have to understand that this shoe wasn't really made to fit the needs of the regular outdoor/rec player. It was made for Kobe and if you want to wear Kobe's shoe, there will be adjustments on your part. 
I'm sorry, but are you suggesting that one should play with less intensity and frequency, while wearing a two hundred twenty dollar shoe?

I'm sure that you'll understand that this line of reasoning is completely unacceptable, right? 
I don't think kobeoverbron is saying that at all. As he said, the shoe was made to meet Kobe's specific needs. Those needs may not include long term durability as Kobe is going to lace up a new pair every game.

Couple of things...

1. Many websites, including Sneakernews check message boards like this and gather information for their websites...I am sure that they get info other ways as well, but many of them are just re-posting and re-organizing second hand info...2014 is when you will see Kobe IX

2. The price quoted here is more or less correct on the KB IX

3. There will be a KB IX Low

4. Venomenon IS coming to the US...think Soldier shoe for Kobe...

JM

hey jm are u that jmsneakers guy on here?

the only way you stop nike from charging this much for a shoe is to stop buying it. you guys have yet to show this kind of constraint...

for 220 they better be offering nudes of vanessa or a quick handy from her...with the shoe

the only way you stop nike from charging this much for a shoe is to stop buying it. you guys have yet to show this kind of constraint...

for 220 they better be offering nudes of vanessa or a quick handy from her...with the shoe
Now we all know that last part ain't happening but I laughed a little :lol:

Price is what forced me out of Foams, which I loved. Living in DC, foams were THE shoe, and easy cop. First was $180, then $200, now $240. Once they raised them over $200, I was out on principle.

Also, I think the 9 will be geared toward true sneakerheads with money then, because the Kobe 8 has been very popular with teens and parents could afford them. Not gonna be the case next year...

Parents be like, GET A JOB SON.

- Only 4 Retailers
- Less Colorways
- 220$ retail
- Takedown model available in the US for once

These all point to the scheme that they are using limited availability to sell these

If every colorway is limited i dont doubt these still sell

Only 4 retailers? Name them...and...name the retailers that are getting them now...

There has been a lot posted here about the limited ability of Nike to produce Flyknit product, as well as the cost...

Nike is in business to make money...they have a responsibility to their shareholders...any strategies they employ are, at the end of the day, intended to make more money for the company not less...if they make one thing limited, they'll make more of another...there is no "scheme"...there are strategies...sometimes strategies include limited availability of certain products in an attempt to ensure the health of the brand by keeping product off the clearance racks...

JM

Kobe 8 isn't selling well??? LOL...in what world???

Kobe 8 is probably the best selling Kobe in terms of liquidation and turn ever...

It amazes me the delusional nature of the Internet...

JM

Back
Top Bottom