THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I thought Mercer and the other spot is doing a week long raffle. Only people who would have it right now bought it out the backdoor.

I'm not sure... Every site I've read about them says the RELEASE date is 1.26... I would think that it would not have that as the release date if that was rather the date of the raffle

BUT...what you stated would make more sense why no pairs showing up yet

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to feel about this model.

The shoes don't look good on foot on the court from what ive seen but im sure they perform well. Cut is crazy high. Reminds me of the McFlys in some odd kind of way.

I don't hate them as these colors look awesome and I think the highs look more "complete" than the lows but im honestly so conflicted right now.

Is Kobe wearing the masterpiece on the cover of ESPN magazine or is that a different colorway? Also, do we have any other confirmed release dates for colorways other than the masterpiece? Sorry I am trying to read back and keep up with the thread there is just so many pages I couldn't find any release dates

The first page really needs to be updated with the new colors and release info so we can avoid questions like this all day.

I guess @s dubl doesn't care for these much :nerd:

I'm not sure... Every site I've read about them says the RELEASE date is 1.26... I would think that it would not have that as the release date if that was rather the date of the raffle

BUT...what you stated would make more sense why no pairs showing up yet
21 Mercer has the white pair up for raffle from 1/26-2/1.

The black pair is up for raffle starting 1/26, but no specific end date.

The shoes don't look good on foot on the court from what ive seen but im sure they perform well. Cut is crazy high. Reminds me of the McFlys in some odd kind of way.

I don't hate them as these colors look awesome and I think the highs look more "complete" than the lows but im honestly so conflicted right now.
I kinda feel the same way, but my interest in the Highs is severely LOW.

I'm scoping for the LOW TOPS and that's all... but like you, I feel they look a little incomplete from those Chinese Camera Phone Pics, last week.

Knowing Nike... I don't think the Lows we saw are the final release version. Those smell like "samples" to me. They look Too Unrefined for Nike's Taste.

And YOU KNOW How Nike would rather OVER-DO IT, than Under-Do It... it's almost like the Brand Motto, for better or worse.

There's probably going to be less than 10 ELITES and more than likely, 15-20 LOWS, based on trend... they're gonna get these Lows RIGHT!  
nthat.gif

Last edited:

Is Kobe wearing the masterpiece on the cover of ESPN magazine or is that a different colorway? Also, do we have any other confirmed release dates for colorways other than the masterpiece? Sorry I am trying to read back and keep up with the thread there is just so many pages I couldn't find any release dates
Here are some release dates bro

http://www.slamonline.com/online/ki...-elite-unveiled-in-three-new-colorways-kicks/
Who even cares about the backstory?

It couldn't be easier to just not read it.

Some ppl just look for things to complain about.
Right

It's a week long raffle for both NRGs. Neither pair came out yesterday. Winners won't be contacted until Saturday.

The problem with backstory is the fact that they make everything limited because of that.
True that does happen.  But isn't that Nike's company goal!? To build as much "hype" as possible to sell more shoes/sell them fast.  If it was our company we would do the same thing!!   the names make them limited too.  Like the "yeezy" foams coming out.  Makes people want them more just cuz what they nickname them....just the way it is now

The backstory is cool sometimes, but most of the times I really think they just make the stuff up to drive up the hype and sell the shoe out. I think going forward we are going to see that big time with the big three lines. Every KD colorway had some lame story behind it, some made sense but colorways like the blue crabs and PB&J were just totally out there lol

I kinda feel the same way, but my interest in the Highs is severely LOW.

I'm scoping for the LOW TOPS and that's all... but like you, I feel they look a little incomplete from those Chinese Camera Phone Pics, last week.

Knowing Nike... I don't think the Lows we saw are the final release version. Those smell like "samples" to me. They look Too Unrefined for Nike's Taste.

And YOU KNOW How Nike would rather OVER-DO IT, than Under-Do It... it's almost like the Brand Motto, for better or worse.

There's probably going to be less than 10 ELITES and more than likely, 15-20 LOWS, based on trend... they're gonna get these Lows RIGHT!  :nthat:  

:lol: hope you're right. im holding off judgement until we get retail pics.

Back story's are lame and are thrown in there for the kids who need justification for their purchase. Also for a "reason" to collect them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom