THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

1. I doubt they would make the exact same color way as the masterpiece for the lows.

2. you can clearly see in the one pic that the "sock-like" area is folded down.

3.... Those are just definitely the high's folded down. End of controversy. 
roll.gif
This.

Trust me, I want to believe those would release as a low and I know those are some convincing images, but they are not fooling me...

That's how I felt about this low. We've seen lows similar to their high counterparts but not to the extreme like this. It's the same exact shoe with the top missing for 200$. Either it's not real or the laziest low ever made by Nike.

I think it may be the latter

Told yall those are the actual lows, i have an odd feeling the highs dont fold down at all, you can see the shozuku cause im guessing the logo is on the tongue of the lows aswell

Sometimes i feel NT is too skeptic
1. I doubt they would make the exact same color way as the masterpiece for the lows.
2. you can clearly see in the one pic that the "sock-like" area is folded down.

3.... Those are just definitely the high's folded down. End of controversy. :rofl:

Just saw that pic where that spot was highlighted but Idk bro this last pic posted has me believing they are

Told yall those are the actual lows, i have an odd feeling the highs dont fold down at all, you can see the shozuku cause im guessing the logo is on the tongue of the lows aswell

Sometimes i feel NT is too skeptic
They do a really good job with this pic disguising that they tucked everything in, pushed the tongue down -- and trust me, I would love to believe they release this colorway as a low.  But they aren't foolin me...

Yeah while that new pic looks more legit than the others I'm not ready to believe it yet. Like others have already said I just don't see how they could release the same exact shoe as the high version.

I'm still hoping that the sketch posted a few pages back is real :lol:.

If that pic is real it's still not a "low" cut shoe. It's a mid. It's just a lower than the high cut shoe

obviously just the hightop folded down

yellow circle: the change in texture in the high is the exact cut of the "low" making it a perfect folding point

blue circle: you can see the grayish material pushed up on the laces in the high while in the "low" it seems like empty space under the laces, because the tongue is stuffed inside the shoe

red circle: a real mid/low would have an upper lacehole like the kobe 4

Those "lows" are definitely just folded down hi's. Come on now.

This pic alone shows circle part of the ankle with the grey mesh, if these were the low-cuts, Nike would not make it so that half of the circle mesh is like that. COmpare it to the samples and you'll see the round ankle part is all one material, no purpose in making it two different and in such a weird location/shape.

View media item 733661View media item 662768

If you also look at the Elites/Masterpieces or whatever it is called, you can clearly see where they can be folded down with ease, there is already kind of a separation there. I also just cut it at that part through MSPaint and you can see where the half mesh in the ankle comes from.
View media item 733953View media item 733954

Last edited:
You have to, Complex is even reporting those lows as legit: http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2014/01/nike-kobe-9-em-low-first-look

The problem is, just like any other story that breaks, you have to consider the credibility of the source.

Complex isn't taking credit for that photo, they credit it to a link of someone else's IG account. And as far as I can tell the photo doesn't belong to him either.

Last year there were a lot of fake EXT and elite Lebron X pics popping up, but when we found out who they came from we saw it was a guy who's entire IG account was photoshopped shoes and no inside connections so it was easy to dispel the rumors.

We have no clue who this suspect Kobe 9 pic comes from, if we did this rumor would be dead yesterday.

To me, it doesn't matter if they give credit to wherever they get their pics, if it isn't legit and you can't confirm it, I say don't post it especially as big as Complex. I mean people here may complain and know Complex is terrible and all but to the rest of the world, they are viewed as legit source of news and whatnot.

LOL:

http://www.sneakerwatch.com/article/022630/nike-kobe-9-low-first-look/

http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike-kobe-9-low-first-look.html

http://www.kixandthecity.com/nike-kobe-9-low-masterpiece-first-look/

http://theheatcheck.com/nike-kobe-9-elite-low-first-look/

This info is useless, just found it funny. Those pics been on here for months with photo shopping (my bad for the user who did most of the work). 

Edit: shoutout to @THEBALLER  and whoever else did some amazing work on the PS. They ain't real, and yes its a tease, but it kept our imaginations going haha.
roll.gif
HAHA! Thats Hilarious!
roll.gif

I'm glad the look real tho

Another funny thing is that wasn't really a great colorway....
lol dude there were so many more HEAT PS you made. That cloak one dear god!!! 

Great work my man!! 

Just because Complex posted it doesn't make it anymore credible. Journalism is trash these days.

Back
Top Bottom