THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

obviously just the hightop folded down
yellow circle: the change in texture in the high is the exact cut of the "low" making it a perfect folding point
blue circle: you can see the grayish material pushed up on the laces in the high while in the "low" it seems like empty space under the laces, because the tongue is stuffed inside the shoe
red circle: a real mid/low would have an upper lacehole like the kobe 4
The one difference is the "low" has speckling on the midsole/carbon fiber up till the toebox area and the masterpieces don't. A subtle difference, and I could be trippin, but maybe they are lows? Idk, bottom line lol.
the photo i used of the highs were the samples from the press conference, they changed up some minor details for the retail version 

post-14530-Conspiracy-hamster-SOON-gif-5Xob.gif

Kobe's my guy, but can't front..... those kinda Look GOOFY even WITH SHORTS.  
mean.gif

That Tongue is Dumb Thick for NO REASON.

If you're gonna have a sneaker that High, why not give them a Tongue like you have on the HUARACHE 2K4... Soft, Pliable & Ventilated, but still holds its Shape! 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I'm amazed people aren't more excited for these based off the unique look. There are thousands of low/mid sneakers out here not to mention the 9 will have 2 VERSIONS OF LOWS anyway. I'm happy we're getting something new for a change.

People hate change. You know this. :smokin

But really, it's a very different look. The XX8 was much, much more of a change though IMO.

I'm definitely excited for these. Aside from just loving the Kobe line, I've been loving a lot of the flyknit shoes coming out, so I can't wait to see what a flyknit bball shoe is like. And as much as I've loved the lows from 4-8, it's kind of refreshing to have a more drastic change, plus we're still getting lows anyway.
View media item 735839

I'm amazed people aren't more excited for these based off the unique look. There are thousands of low/mid sneakers out here not to mention the 9 will have 2 VERSIONS OF LOWS anyway. I'm happy we're getting something new for a change.

I'm copping these purely off of looks since I'm rocking these for casual use. I plan to beat my remaining Kobe Vs,2k4s and pick up a pair of XX8s as well. But let's not open up that can of worms again. We heated a heated debate over Kobe's being used for "their intended purpose"

Last edited:
People hate change. You know this. :smokin

But really, it's a very different look. The XX8 was much, much more of a change though IMO.

I low key hates the XX8 when they first dropped. But to be honest, it took the Kobe 9 to truly appreciate that super thin,high cut look.

I saw a video of Tinker wearing the XX8 casually and man were they tough.

Anybody else having this problem? Every time I type a new post on mobile, it has a draft of my most recent post saved and I have to delete it every time. So damn irritating man

http://www.modern-notoriety.com/2014/01/07/exclucity-dix30-grand-opening-recap-w-gentry-humphrey/

Article with a interview of Nike's Gentry Humphrey States that there will be a kobe 9 low on page 3.

"Are the Kobe 9’s coming out in a low cut version as well?"

"Yes."
We know there will be a low -- Eric Avar confirmed the day the 9 was announced.  What we are trying to say is that it is not the low in those recent pics but the high version with a folded in upper and tongue

I'm copping these purely off of looks since I'm rocking these for casual use. I plan to beat my remaining Kobe Vs,2k4s and pick up a pair of XX8s as well. But let's not open up that can of worms again. We heated a heated debate over Kobe's being used for "their intended purpose"

LOL.

Back
Top Bottom