The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Looks like a different "Mixture" to me. Did retail pairs ever come with a solid black or gray sole?
View media item 2445003
View media item 2445004

You get where I'm going with this?

View media item 2445005
View media item 2445006
View media item 2445007

This is a conversation already had over on the Kobe thread about 8-9 months ago. The compound that is used for thr tranlucent soles is terrible for slippage. The Kobe XI was night and day - I got two ID pairs one solid, one tranlucent/fade, and the difference is noticable on my kitchen floor let alone a court.

This is a conversation already had over on the Kobe thread about 8-9 months ago. The compound that is used for thr tranlucent soles is terrible for slippage. The Kobe XI was night and day - I got two ID pairs one solid, one tranlucent/fade, and the difference is noticable on my kitchen floor let alone a court.

Our discussion was whether NBA players had different soles than the pairs for the public.

I don't have any exact intel to back this up, however:

There probably isn't a difference in the solid sole at retail and the solid sole of a PE.

There probably isn't a difference in the translucent sole at retail and the translucent sole of a PE.

There is certainly a difference in the translucent sole at retail and the solid sole of a PE.

My guess is translucent soles are the same regardless and solid soles are the same regardless.

I'm sure there are likely exceptions across past or present models, but different compounds is unlikely in my humble opinion.

The biggest factor is the court. I don't care if you're playing on the nicest court you've ever played on. Unless it's an NBA or College Court.....it's not as nice and dust free as an NBA or College court.

Our discussion was whether NBA players had different soles than the pairs for the public.

Yes but as you alluded to, the NBA and college pairs are ALL solid colour sole. The college ones are most obvious, some of them look like the retail shoes but with a solid sole. Nobody in pro or college is wearing translucent.

The solid sole versus the icy sole argument may have some traction. If you look at pics on Getty images of Jimmy Butler he were solid sole USA and battle grey versions of the retail release.

And all the college kids, too?

I hope you don't believe a PE means a special sole with a different mixture from all the others

They already said the formula for the XXX1 changed for the sole and the solid ones are different from the translucent anyway.
Said who? Inserted rumor , to increase selling ... don't get me wrong, i would like very much that traction of 31 works well, silhouette is very nice and they are very comfortable shoe for all kind of foot shapes, but i won't spend money on every colorway or version, just to keep them in closet or wear it casually, there are much better options for that.    

Yes but as you alluded to, the NBA and college pairs are ALL solid colour sole. The college ones are most obvious, some of them look like the retail shoes but with a solid sole. Nobody in pro or college is wearing translucent.

The question was did I think they players were provided with different soles on PE's than consumers. I googled PE's and all I posted a few ofl the ones that didn't look like ones that were sold at retail to show that players were provided with different soles.

I didn't intend to show only solid soles, I believe Jordan sponsored teams wore translucent soles.

View media item 2445983
View media item 2445984View media item 2445985View media item 2445986View media item 2445987

The first pair for all of the colleges had a clear sole, the second pair had a solid sole. The pink pairs, some of them had solid soles and some were clear. And the lows were clear for the GR but they were solid for the players themselves.

Back
Top Bottom