The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

View media item 2443628Rgarding the traction on the later models and the lows.

I have 4 pairs of XXX1's (Including Why Not's) and I usually hoop on pretty pristine courts and didn't have TOO much trouble with the traction. However, it wasn't ideal and you could definitely see why the traction prevented the XXX1's from being the performance beasts that they should have been.

With that being said, I decided to pick up the Black Cat's and the traction is night/day better. In fact, for fun I decided to wear the "Banned" on one foot and the "Black Cats"
on the other and the results were rather dramatic. The traction is 100% different on the Black Cats and is a HUGE improvement.

Also, if you watch "nightwing2303's" review of the lows he memtions the traction improvement.

So I would say that either a) the "solebrothers" are either playing on REALLY terrible courts or don't have two pairs of the XXX1's to make an accurate comparison.

Last edited:

I have 4 pairs of XXX1's (Including Why Not's) and I usually hoop on pretty pristine courts and didn't have TOO much trouble with the traction. However, it wasn't ideal and you could definitely see why the traction prevented the XXX1's from being the performance beasts that they should have been.

With that being said, I decided to pick up the Black Cat's and the traction is night/day better. In fact, for fun I decided to wear the "Banned" on one foot and the "Black Cats"
on the other and the results were rather dramatic. The traction is 100% different on the Black Cats and is a HUGE improvement.

Also, if you watch "nightwing2303's" review of the lows he memtions the traction improvement.

So I would say that either a) the "solebrothers" are either playing on REALLY terrible courts or don't have two pairs of the XXX1's to make an accurate comparison.

What did u think about the Why Nots traction wise? I felt the black cats were not great so i returned em

Thanks. This is very helpful.

Rgarding the traction on the later models and the lows.

Do the Solebrothers actually do any type of meaningful hooping? Seems like all those two numb nuts do is bring 5 pairs of shoes to the local fitness center and take pictures and call that "testing" LMAO 

I would take their reviews with a grain of salt..

Do the Solebrothers actually do any type of meaningful hooping? Seems like all those two numb nuts do is bring 5 pairs of shoes to the local fitness center and take pictures and call that "testing" LMAO 

I would take their reviews with a grain of salt..
they do the squeak tests
roll.gif
Start at the 40 second mark, 
roll.gif

Start at the 40 second mark, :rofl:

There is no way - NO WAY - the traction is that bad. That floor use have been absolutely unplayable. I've got 2 pair I wear at 24 hour fitness, notorious for dusty floors, and they come nowhere near that sliding.

[emoji]128514[/emoji]
The why nots traction looked pretty gucci though
They should be, it's the 29's traction
There is no way - NO WAY - the traction is that bad. That floor use have been absolutely unplayable. I've got 2 pair I wear at 24 hour fitness, notorious for dusty floors, and they come nowhere near that sliding.
roll.gif
 Agreed, mine slide but not quite like that. If you cut real had and your body's leaning though...
mean.gif

I would've respected the review more if the traction test was on the same floor. 

Either way traction still sucks, even with lows, these were supposed to be performance shoes... JB really missed the point with 31.

Either way traction still sucks, even with lows, these were supposed to be performance shoes... JB really missed the point with 31.

What makes you think they're all the same?

NBA and college players play in them.

Last edited:
What makes you think they're all the same?

NBA and college players play in them.
NBA players have PE's so they might have different soles and the same can be said for college players. I've seen Kawhi slide in these playoffs so he may have the same soles. They play on pristine floors so their slipping isn't as bad. 

I've also seen Mike Conley slide a couple of times in his. As I was typing this reply I decided to see if I could find that Conley clip. Although the slide wasn't as bad, performance basketball shoes shouldn't slide like this. 

I've actually seen him slide worse in the past. 

NBA players have PE's so they might have different soles and the same can be said for college players. I've seen Kawhi slide in these playoffs so he may have the same soles. They play on pristine floors so their slipping isn't as bad. 

I've also seen Mike Conley slide a couple of times in his. As I was typing this reply I decided to see if I could find that Conley clip. Although the slide wasn't as bad, performance basketball shoes shouldn't slide like this. 

And all the college kids, too?

I hope you don't believe a PE means a special sole with a different mixture from all the others

They already said the formula for the XXX1 changed for the sole and the solid ones are different from the translucent anyway.

And all the college kids, too?

I hope you don't believe a PE means a special sole with a different mixture from all the others

They already said the formula for the XXX1 changed for the sole and the solid ones are different from the translucent anyway.
Looks like a different "Mixture" to me. Did retail pairs ever come with a solid black or gray sole?

You get where I'm going with this?

I've actually seen him slide worse in the past. 

Man he doesn't slip at all bro :lol:

Yea I see it now, not bad though
Not bad but I've seen worse. 

The thing about it, you can tell by the way he slid that he's adjusted to what the shoes do. 

If you've played on a dusty court you'll know what I mean. He leaned into the slide instead of slipping like he would've done if he was surprised by slipping. 

Back
Top Bottom