THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

Drove around town bumping this after work earlier. SO **%%#%% DOPE
pimp.gif

its easy to see that this album was marketed like a sneaker release. Its different and very bold but it seems to be working b/c most people that I know havent even heard the entire album in hopes of getting a physical copy. Personally I think its cool "chasing" good music b/c alot of times labels and artist do to much promo and your tired of the music b4 the album even hits shelves. Props Spitta, do your thang bruh.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Man I Been bumping this thinking it was like a mixtape until his official album. Is this album really a Def Jam release? Just left so much to be desired. And Ski Beatz production is nice but it can't carry a whole album.
Pretty much. Gave it a full listen and it's just incomplete to me.
I hope all the die-hard fans are happy though.

wait its a rocafella logo on the cd? lol...i popped it in the disc changer n neva took it out

I was lookin over the case for a rocafella logo tho n I didnt see one...maybe i missed it

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

wait its a rocafella logo on the cd? lol...i popped it in the disc changer n neva took it out

I was lookin over the case for a rocafella logo tho n I didnt see one...maybe i missed it

LOL yeah i was buggin too when i didn't see it i thought they just replaced it w/ the BluRoc logo which is fine by me, but when i opened up the case and it just popped out at me...dope execution
pimp.gif

imag0216.jpg

prolly tomorrow i doubt they're high tho Def Jam definitely undershipped watever it is i'm sure its better than Fat Joe or Kelis' shellac numbers

Audio Dope II imo is the best track on the album. the beat is simple but still has a ragtime razz feel to it.

Smokee Robinson is my jam i effs wit this new Currensy tho he sound like he been sippin wine all day

Only thing bother me is when he just ramble about random stuff like playin 82 game Nba 2k seasons

Seem like he and wiz than started a new genre of stoner modern day hippie rap music which is fine with me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

Only thing bother me is when he just ramble about random stuff like playin 82 game Nba 2k seasons
That really wasn't rambling or random though.. he was saying he had it made in his condo, "Xbox web broswer, download a updated NBA roster, play a 82 game season, condo full of snacks, Spitta not leavin.." I'd much rather hear clever little quips like that than the usual generic commercial material bullsh1t

Ya'll peep the Roc-A-Fella R hidden in the print on the disc? Slick..

erloo0.jpg

Originally Posted by tjrozario

#'s. any info on his #'s??

His numbers won't be very impressive because a lot of stores are just now getting their shipments this week. Give it a few weeks.

whats song plays on the creativecontrol.tv video promo for pilot talk when is his floating in a space station ? ...its not on the album.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

I'm a few tracks in, anyone think that this dude's flow is monotonous?
Is this your first time listening to him? Cause its well known he has that sleepy flow.

Anyways I ordered mine a few days ago, no stores in TO got it yet.

Originally Posted by wada7

Originally Posted by Shaze804

whats song plays on the creativecontrol.tv video promo for pilot talk when is his floating in a space station ? ...its not on the album.
Nothing But Us feat. Smoke DZA
http://usershare.net/68x874ssg9om
smh why wasnt this on the album... and they carried spitta. I'd like to know how many copies were made available to stores....they could've at least gave him 20-50k

^^ they cut madd songs on the album there were supposed to be 18. Just flip the CD over you can see how much space was left on the disc my bro DZA had 3 features on there wound up w/ one Nothing But Us was def on there...and would it have hurt them to put the Super High Remix on there? it was probably past the deadline, but damn that would've been a good look for both Curren$y & Ross' fanbases to have that on there to think he wasn't gonna sell the 25K Wale did is absurd (not that i don't like Wale's music) i'm just sayin that's like a slap in the face hopefully they learn their lesson for Pilot Talk 2 and the Muscle Car Chronicles

Back
Top Bottom