The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

i thought the striking vipers (great double entendre) was good episode very apropos for black mirror,

i just wish there was a better/good explanation for why they would even get into such a thing like that, in a fighting game...it would make a little more sense if in the game the characters had an attraction/relationship written into the code, because while i guess the theory that karl intentionally planned for this all along also kinda works, having an in game motivation would have made it cleaner, to me anyways and there isn't any real explanation for why their connection makes whatever they are feeling in game so specific that it would need to be so special for it have to be exclusive to them & those game characters...that "i **#ked a polar bear" was hilariously executed tho...the ending doesn't make any sense tho, no way any man agrees to let his wife get real life smashed out for virtual bunz...if anything she should have hopped in the game

the other 2 were not good at all...

Last edited:
Really messed with Mylie Cyrus episode.

I imagine many artists feel the same way Ashley did. They probably feel like slaves in their own bodies/careers.

The "Mk Ultra" aspect of the episode made it interesting as hell.

Thumbs up.

I enjoyed this "season."

Really messed with Mylie Cyrus episode.

I imagine many artists feel the same way Ashley did. They probably feel like slaves in their own bodies/careers.

The "Mk Ultra" aspect of the episode made it interesting as hell.

Thumbs up.

I enjoyed this "season."

If u could Recommend 1 episode what would it be

Re: Cyrus

Really makes you wonder when we will get to the point that our entertainers become timeless. I know holograms have been used and in some Asian countries, they are used more but when will we be able to use them to keep the legacy of ANYONE alive? Family members that died, famous figures, athletes. Something to think about

AAAABbfcnz_Y3KkZoSKZP_9T7YgHVHLYglDSO2oBkYlDOZA8JU-Aa4N9I8IR1F4akxq4_nQMDjhi6My_7Q1m-f3iWL8jtUcMp5k4jIRWjcYGPmnopFixJL3vM9hE31VnFBkjxvJRRfH0sshVoWRTQECC-Rr3838N_Ag7m-0.png

images

an ep based on this would be fire

Also, it is easy to hate Cyrus so I feel if SHE wasn't the star of the episode it would have gotten more praise .

If the star would have been someone like KeKe Palmer or Yara Shahidi, I think things would be viewed different.

The quality of that episode was still poor.

It's way more about a depressed white girl and her fandom and a depressed white girl coerced to make pop music by an evil aunt than any of the things Black Mirror tends to enhance and focus on issue or theme wise.

I think you are missing the aspect of her Doll (consciousness) being responsible for the physical chains to be broken off of Ashley.

Also the fact that the Hologram Tech was being primed to be used as the way Aunt was going to continue bringing in $.

The tech aspect was just as present in this episode as other episodes. Simplifying it to being more about The depressed white girl storyline is a somewhat shallow way of looking at it.

But I acknowledge perspective and we might just be viewing it differently. And that is cool

I am still surprised how much I enjoyed the Miley episode so far, I despise the girl and her antics. However I am liking the episode so far.

Also, it is easy to hate Cyrus so I feel if SHE wasn't the star of the episode it would have gotten more praise .

If the star would have been someone like KeKe Palmer or Yara Shahidi, I think things would be viewed different.
Nah, I think she was decent. Miley is an actress, so she did what she needed to do...the problem was the writing was horrible. Too many ridiculous logical leaps for me. I think it was a good concept, but it felt like they cut corners trying to get to the main points.

Nah, I think she was decent. Miley is an actress, so she did what she needed to do...the problem was the writing was horrible. Too many ridiculous logical leaps for me. I think it was a good concept, but it felt like they cut corners trying to get to the main points.
Can you speak on the logical leaps that you perceived?

I come in peace

For one, I didn't buy the whole premise of how they went about extracting music from her dreams. Felt really contrived and convenient for the story and not convenient at all for making actual music. I did think it was cool when they adjusted things and showed how the tone of a song could completely change with the exact same lyrics.

They way they managed to get past the bodyguard felt kind of absurd, but again felt like they wanted to get the characters to a certain points without working through all the boring logic.

The concept of transferring all of a person's personality, and isolating just the prepackaged pop star portion? Felt convenient again for the sake of the story. Worked out for the story overall, but again felt like they took some logical leaps to establish some things.

But this episode felt like a real change of pace. It felt a lot less like it was supposed to spark discussion or make you deeply consider some wild concepts that are pretty close to being reality. The concepts were there, and it's an interesting concept...just didn't feel fully fleshed out and examined.

For one, I didn't buy the whole premise of how they went about extracting music from her dreams. Felt really contrived and convenient for the story and not convenient at all for making actual music. I did think it was cool when they adjusted things and showed how the tone of a song could completely change with the exact same lyrics.

They way they managed to get past the bodyguard felt kind of absurd, but again felt like they wanted to get the characters to a certain points without working through all the boring logic.

The concept of transferring all of a person's personality, and isolating just the prepackaged pop star portion? Felt convenient again for the sake of the story. Worked out for the story overall, but again felt like they took some logical leaps to establish some things.

But this episode felt like a real change of pace. It felt a lot less like it was supposed to spark discussion or make you deeply consider some wild concepts that are pretty close to being reality. The concepts were there, and it's an interesting concept...just didn't feel fully fleshed out and examined.

My exact feelings. And like someone else pointed out, I feel like a different actress for Miley’s part would have done way better. Not that I’m a hater, I just think she’s not a talented enough actress to make me feel what they wanted me to feel from this episode.

Also, coulda gave the aunt some better motivations other than being evil just to be evil. Coulda given her a small backstory. Or shown her relationship with Miley’s Mom and how she was always jealous of the fame. Or shown a reason for her greediness like she hated being poor growing up, wanted to be like her rich friends, SOMETHING. Nothing about the episode was done that well except I liked the line “I’m such a big fan.”

And I’ll admit, the nine inch nails remix was kinda catchy. Kudos to Trent reznor for allowing that

Also, coulda gave the aunt some better motivations other than being evil just to be evil.

I think she was just greedy, using her nieces talents to get ahead in life. Didn't really see Ashley as much of a person, rather a tool. Not much backstory needed as that kinda happens a lot to child stars like Miley

I feel like the episode is supposed to feel exactly how you described it. As many have already said here it's basically an edgy Disney movie with swear words. It gets goofy but I feel that this was absolutely intended. I mean the primary car for the family was a 'Mouse Truck' literally designed with mouse ears and nose (COUGH Disney COUGH)

It seems they chose to keep things rather simplistic, while planting seeds so you don't question things. She said that she dreamt music really early in the episode, so when they extract it not much explaining is needed. Show a program with some patterns; BOOM, music.

Same can be said of the deletion of the limiter. You'd think it would be more spread out, but I think they are focusing on a portion of the brain that stores known responses. They are aware that their audience knows that certain portions of the brain for certain tasks, which adds to plausibility. When she powers back up she states she only used 4% of her brain, so you don't really question it much. In any other case that would be much more involved to release, rather than simply deleting it.

The only other way of visualizing that IMO is to use a dull color and then increase brightness with the increase in duty/occupancy. But that also means the coding required for this teenager with no background would most likely be way more involved than what the story calls for.

Does anyone else think that Jack, the older sister, looked like a young Lindsey Lohan. Am I the only one that sees that?

Last edited:
I think you are missing the aspect of her Doll (consciousness) being responsible for the physical chains to be broken off of Ashley.

Also the fact that the Hologram Tech was being primed to be used as the way Aunt was going to continue bringing in $.

The tech aspect was just as present in this episode as other episodes. Simplifying it to being more about The depressed white girl storyline is a somewhat shallow way of looking at it.

But I acknowledge perspective and we might just be viewing it differently. And that is cool
I totally get the sci-fi angle in this and the hologram tech presence.

I didn't really care for the hologram commentary. That entertainment is advancing in that area is of no interest to me and how it was presented; the first major music star being available to "perform" and make new songs in perpetuity doesnt really change how I feel about the story itself.

The sci-fi concept of uploading your consciousness to the cloud or to an advanced computer capable of copying your personality accurately is cool. I've seen it before. In this instance though it wasn't executed all that well and the story was far too comical in a bad way for me to look past that.

I felt the story was shallow. Hence, you thinking I looked at this episode shallowly.

As far as the tech aspect being just as present in every episode, this entire season was weak. All 3 episodes. As far as tech aspect, Striking Vipers clearly dealt with it more as they used it to explore human behavior and sexuality.

In this episode, the doll was used to help the real person escape (on top of the fan obsessed girl). It was a literal deus ex machina.

Last edited:
I like that the Ashely TOO doll reaction to her own coma was similar to how the "hosts"/androids of Westworld (those based on actual people) react when they receive news that they themselves are dead or the world around them has changed too significantly.

I've seen it before. In this instance though it wasn't executed all

Can I ask what the execution difference was between eps like USS Calister, Black Museum or White Christmas and this one?

Back
Top Bottom