The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I think there is an episode/chapter in FMA where Edward makes a reference to the metal in his arm becoming thin and weakened from transmuting it too much. I can't remember the exact moment tho.

Scar has his transmutation circled tattooed on him for convience similar to how Kimbley has them on his hands and Roy on his gloves. And if I remember correctly Scars alchemy de-constructs something to its base components.

smokin.gif

Getting transmutation circles tattooed on you is the smartest and most convenient way. It's a waste of time having to draw them out every time you want to use them.

Last edited:
I just finished an anime on Crunchy roll called Flowers of Evil

It's probably something that wouldn't appeal to a lot of people but I enjoyed it. It's very real for an anime. Pretty intense and interesting story

Jay im a day late but i repped you brotha. Ima give the og fma a try next week.

Very nice detailed explanation. What about scars alchemy tho?

Preciate it man lol I love the series so it was a treat to get to talk about it. In general, I think that the fundamentals of how everything works is one of the most interesting parts of it. The author did a good job detailing it, along with giving the characters limits as to what they can or can't do at any given time. Made things a lot more serious.

As Armada Armada mentioned, Scar's Alchemy is based around the concept of Destruction. When Alchemy is being attempted there are three stages that the Alchemist in question has to go through. The first is Comprehension. Like I mentioned in my original post, in FMA the Alchemists have to have a very in-depth understanding of what it is they are actually doing and the materials they're working with. This is what allows them to not only know the limits of what they can do, but also to create new ways of transmuting various objects. The second stage is Destruction, which is when the Alchemy is actually taking place and the person is breaking down a substance. The third and final stage is then Reconstruction, which naturally is them reshaping it into whatever form they have in mind. Technically, all Alchemists can do what Scar does, which is simply stopping at the Deconstruction stage, which therefore see's objects being broken apart without ever being reshaped, and Ed even does this himself a few times.

Rewatching the dark tournament saga. Forgot how lit it was sheesh.

Man if there's any series I need to watch again its Yu Yu Hakusho. That's another one that stands right alongside FMA Brotherhood as one of the best series i've ever seen.

In terms of a "Tournament" style arc for a series, the Dark Tournament might be one of, if not the, best that i've ever seen. The really good thing about it is that every one of your main characters gets to shine. Yoko Kurama, Dragon of the Darkness Flame, Spirit Wave, hell even Genkai gets in on the action!

I think there is an episode/chapter in FMA where Edward makes a reference to the metal in his arm becoming thin and weakened from transmuting it too much. I can't remember the exact moment tho.

Yep. Ed noted that before and Alphonse notes it for his armor once as well.

Last edited:

It's probably something that wouldn't appeal to a lot of people but I enjoyed it. It's very real for an anime. Pretty intense and interesting story
Just finished it animation was great

Manga went further than the anime

So hopefully they get a season 2 to wrap up the story.

Just finished it animation was great
Manga went further than the anime
So hopefully they get a season 2 to wrap up the story.
I don't think there will be a season 2. The first season came out in 2013 and the rotoscoping seemed to be an expensive/ time consuming process( even though it was worth it). The glimpse into the future events at the end of the last ep was a cool mechanic but I'd have preferred it just ended without that and left it to the viewers imagination

I read up on how the manga ends and I don't think I would be a fan of the direction it would go, so I'm fine with how it ended

I wasn't expecting a happy ending, but the introduction of the third girl just seemed like it's not adding any closure to the issues with the first 2. Like you create a dramatic story between 3 characters, then you don't resolve it and introduce another character that's seemingly perfect for the main protag. Like the guy meets the most beautiful girl in class again and she seems to be understanding and accepting of everything

Having said that I really liked what the anime presented.

Last edited:
I don't think there will be a season 2. The first season came out in 2013 and the rotoscoping seemed to be an expensive/ time consuming process( even though it was worth it). The glimpse into the future events at the end of the last ep was a cool mechanic but I'd have preferred it just ended without that and left it to the viewers imagination

I read up on how the manga ends and I don't think I would be a fan of the direction it would go, so I'm fine with how it ended

I wasn't expecting a happy ending, but the introduction of the third girl just seemed like it's not adding any closure to the issues with the first 2. Like you create a dramatic story between 3 characters, then you don't resolve it and introduce another character that's seemingly perfect for the main protag. Like the guy meets the most beautiful girl in class again and she seems to be understanding and accepting of everything

Having said that I really liked what the anime presented.

Ending of the manga was pretty alright with me
Although I did feel bad for Sawa she was a very interesting character
her story had so many ups and downs it was really interesting
But she was bad for the MC in my opinion
And lowkey crazy af
still enjoyed it and the ending theme music was nice worth the download

Anyone ever watch Flame of Recca? Watched the first 6 episodes on crunchyroll & it's pretty good so far. Is it worth sticking to?

Also on Netflix check out the 7 deadly sins. Show is amazing and has a good plot. Also just saw it was greenlighted a season 2
Manga is great too. I wanted to say that its getting good,but I dont think it ever stopped being good. :lol:

Anyone ever watch Flame of Recca? Watched the first 6 episodes on crunchyroll & it's pretty good so far. Is it worth sticking to?
Nope, only read the manga so far. If it goes the exact same way and doesn't have too many fillers then I think you'll love it.

Started watching Death Note over and I'm halfway through it. Definitely worth a rerun imo 
smokin.gif

LET ME TELL YOU WHY BLEACH IS SOME BS

did that poison dude not say he couldn't do that 2nd transformation like 50 chapters ago??
I never understood the point of giving a character the exact tools to beat the bad guy, just for the bad guy to be able to come back with a tool that's better than their tool to now beat them. This is where Bleach Sucks. the back and forth is so unnecessary. it's like
Good guy: Ha I have Paper
bad guy: well I have scissors to beat your paper
Good guy: Power up grade i turned my paper in to rock to beat your scissors
bad guy: oh no.... transformation my scissors to paper to now beat your rock
Good guy: oh no I cant beat his newly formed paper
Good guy #2: I have the NEW Scissor upgrade to beat his New Paper upgrade.

bleach is notorious for this BS. and it all started happening in Heuco Mundo.

and why is everyone losing eyes.. we get it, eye patches are cool, but not on everyone.
i also sort of had a feeling his Bankai would be that. especially with his original student being who it is.

Back
Top Bottom