The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

^True. FMA had me thinkin' really hard about getting The Gate of Truth tatted on my back.

I could never get into FMA, but I always hear about Brotherhood being sooooooooo much better..i mean how different is it from the original?

I could never get into FMA, but I always hear about Brotherhood being sooooooooo much better..i mean how different is it from the original?
The original deviates from the manga and turns into it's own story, while Brotherhood stays true to the manga. Brotherhood is definitely a big step up from the original series. the fight scenes in the second half of Brotherhood are all :wow: :pimp:

Last edited:

the manga was still ngoing while the first series was being done. So there got to a point where the manga and the anime caught up. So the anime team sorta told their own story. ex. Bradley wasnt wrath etc

^True. FMA had me thinkin' really hard about getting The Gate of Truth tatted on my back.
aint nothing wrong with that. G Gundam, had me wanting to get the king of Hearts tatted on the back of my left hand

Darker than Black was great as well! I did complete the 1st season, just not sure if there was already a 2nd one.
there was a 2nd season, it just wasnt dubbed i dont think. If you google it, you should find it. But be warned, youre going to have to watch the OVA's ( take place after s1) so you dont get lost

Also I wanna add Berserk into a recommended manga. it only covers the first arc of the manga, but itll make you want to start reading the book with its cliff hanger ending

Last edited:
Posted this on TAN to get an answer, but nothing, so i'll post it here too. Does anyone know the name of this anime movie? I got this question from yahoo, but it's the same one i'm looking for. It's not Blue Gender because it looks like it's a remake of it. I've seen it a few years back, and it's bugging me since. Thanks, fams!

"I don't remember the entire movie, so I'll just say the bits that I remember. The plot was a team of spys/agents had to infiltrate Japan, which had apparently lost contact with the world for a long time. The female main character manages to get inside, and finds the people of Japan living in slums, placed in the middle of a deserted wasteland. Then they soon find out that the people japan have become lifeless robots due to some virus that the government spread or something. She teams up with the people to get to some mega structure/building where the elites live. They race through the deserted dunes with giant mechanical worms that try to eat them. They also managed to lure the mechanical worm through a giant long tunnel that leads to the building. They planned to use the chew through the door, but turns out there was a gap after the tunnel and the worm just drowned.
That's all I can remember

I don't think what I've said so far is 100% correct, but if you could suggests some movie titles that sounds similar to what I've described above it would be greatly appreciated."

Posted this on TAN to get an answer, but nothing, so i'll post it here too. Does anyone know the name of this anime movie? I got this question from yahoo, but it's the same one i'm looking for. It's not Blue Gender because it looks like it's a remake of it. I've seen it a few years back, and it's bugging me since. Thanks, fams!

"I don't remember the entire movie, so I'll just say the bits that I remember. The plot was a team of spys/agents had to infiltrate Japan, which had apparently lost contact with the world for a long time. The female main character manages to get inside, and finds the people of Japan living in slums, placed in the middle of a deserted wasteland. Then they soon find out that the people japan have become lifeless robots due to some virus that the government spread or something. She teams up with the people to get to some mega structure/building where the elites live. They race through the deserted dunes with giant mechanical worms that try to eat them. They also managed to lure the mechanical worm through a giant long tunnel that leads to the building. They planned to use the chew through the door, but turns out there was a gap after the tunnel and the worm just drowned.
That's all I can remember

I don't think what I've said so far is 100% correct, but if you could suggests some movie titles that sounds similar to what I've described above it would be greatly appreciated."
Looked up "anime japan lifeless robots virus government" on google and the first result was your question on Yahoo answers, while the second result was something on wiki called Vexille, which sounds a lot like what you're describing.

The anime for Nekomonogatari Kuro (part of the Bakemonogatari light novel series) is coming out December 31st. Can't wait. :pimp:

Niketalk recommend me some good animes to watch.
I have watched Bleach, Naruto and Shippuden, DBZ and SAO.
Getting into Reborn! now but trying to get into some other good ones. Thanks.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood******
One Piece*****
Samurai Champloo*****
Guilty Crown***
Tiger And Bunny ***
Durarara!****
Trigun****
Hunter X Hunter 2011****
Fairy Tail***
Hajime No Ippo*****
Great Teacher Onizuka*****

The more stars the more its a must watch, but really all of these are must watches lol

Soooooo much better. The way it develops and ends is completely on a different scale. Animation and action scenes on a whole nother level too.

Anyone know a good place to find animes on blu ray? Been trying to find some on amazon but theyre all outrageous prices. Mainly looking for durarara! and some other newer animes like Guilty Crown, Steins Gate, and Tiger and Bunny.

Anyone know a good place to find animes on blu ray? Been trying to find some on amazon but theyre all outrageous prices. Mainly looking for durarara! and some other newer animes like Guilty Crown, Steins Gate, and Tiger and Bunny.

im not advocating torrents, but when I tried to find the gunam wing remastered blu ray box set, it was like 300. Who has money for that :wink:

im not advocating torrents, but when I tried to find the gunam wing remastered blu ray box set, it was like 300. Who has money for that :wink:
the same fools paying over 400 for shoes.
(sorry rant from another topic)

I'd kill for that Gundam Wing remastered BR box set but yes 300 is way too much.

rumor is demonoid is back. (which was invite only but the best)

anyway. I always get through the first 3 eps of brother hood then just cant get with the story after

Everytime I go to buy Blu-Ray anime (usually from amazon) I dont have to pay much. you just got to wait for a sale.
Samurai Champloo (the entire series) on Blu-Ray = $20
Cowboy Bebop = $12
Evangelion movies/FF&:ACC/AKIRA = $10 a pop

If amazon seems a bit too pricey, I usually go to Little Tokyo in DTLA and hit up the shops there. I can sometimes find things there for a couple of dollars less than the internet. The only thing that I did pay a lot for was the Katanagatari series (@ $110).

Everytime I go to buy Blu-Ray anime (usually from amazon) I dont have to pay much. you just got to wait for a sale.
Cowboy Bebop = $12

If amazon seems a bit too pricey, I usually go to Little Tokyo in DTLA and hit up the shops there. I can sometimes find things there for a couple of dollars less than the internet. The only thing that I did pay a lot for was the Katanagatari series (@ $110).

time out. are those prices real life? blu ray series champloo and cowboy bebop for 20 and 12 cash? son...

time out. are those prices real life? blu ray series champloo and cowboy bebop for 20 and 12 cash? son...
Those prices are real my friend. :smokin

This is the version of Champloo that I have
Amazon product ASIN B002KYIAKG
It was $40 when it first came out, I got it for half off on Amazon ($20).

I have the DVD set of Cowboy Bebop (Blu-Rays aren't out yet). It was gonna cost me $40, but I haggled the store owner down to $12+ change. It pays to know Japanese sometimes. :lol:

The Blu-Rays for Cowboy Bebop are gonna come out towards the end of December in Japan I believe, which means that we wont see them till sometime next year unless Bandai plans on doing a simultaneous release in the states. I'm definitely planning on switching over to Blu-Ray when I can buy them, which means I'll probably give my DVD set away to a friend or something. :lol:

Cowboy Bebop = $12
It seems like the more expensive are usually Japan release only. im not gonna pay 200 dollars for durarara or 100 dollars for each part of Guilty Crown when they have it split into 10 parts when theres only 26 total episodes smh

Last edited:
 I'm definitely planning on switching over to Blu-Ray when I can buy them, which means I'll probably give my DVD set away to a friend or something.
laugh.gif
You can trade them into amazon for amazon gift card credit.

Or you can send some my way.
happy.gif

Those prices are real my friend. :smokin

This is the version of Champloo that I have
Amazon product ASIN B002KYIAKG
It was $40 when it first came out, I got it for half off on Amazon ($20).

I have the DVD set of Cowboy Bebop (Blu-Rays aren't out yet). It was gonna cost me $40, but I haggled the store owner down to $12+ change. It pays to know Japanese sometimes. :lol:

The Blu-Rays for Cowboy Bebop are gonna come out towards the end of December in Japan I believe, which means that we wont see them till sometime next year unless Bandai plans on doing a simultaneous release in the states. I'm definitely planning on switching over to Blu-Ray when I can buy them, which means I'll probably give my DVD set away to a friend or something. :lol:

surprised bebop isn't out yet on blu ray. series was wrapped up years ago and champloo made it on there already...

someone aware a noob on cowboy bebop the only episode i seen was the one where they try to steal mushrooms :lol:

Back
Top Bottom