The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

What are your guys' fav. fight scenes?

co-sign on the FMA Brotherhood fight scenes
Kimura vs Mashiba (Hajime no Ippo)
the whole dark tournament arc (YuYu Hakusho)
Kenshin vs Saito - Edo Arc (Rurouni Kenshin)
most of the fight scenes in Shadow Skill
Naruto vs Sasuke (Valley Of the End)
Goku vs Freeza
the locker room brawl in Slam Dunk
Fuusuke/Aicho/Toji vs Kisume (Ninku)
Seiten Taisei Goku fight scenes in Saiyuki

Last edited:
There aren't any good ones outside of Luffy/Lucci....
That was the best.
but Zoro vs. the ghost samurai..

Sanji vs. Wolf dude was good

Luffy Enel was good also.

Zoro vs. ohm

Zoro vs. Mr. 2.

crocadile vs. luffy

Nightmare luffy was entertaining

That was the best.
but Zoro vs. the ghost samurai..
Sanji vs. Wolf dude was good
Luffy Enel was good also.
Zoro vs. ohm
Zoro vs. Mr. 2.
crocadile vs. luffy
Nightmare luffy was entertaining
........Luffy/Lucci..../OP.

Toei Animation's website for next March's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Dragon Ball Z: Kami to Kami) film was updated on Monday with a story introduction:

The story is set several years after the battle with Majin Buu. Birusu, the god of destruction who has maintained the balance of the universe, has awakened from a long slumber. Hearing rumors of a Saiyan (Saiya-jin) who defeated Freeza, Birusu comes looking for Goku.

Excited that a powerful oponent has appeared after so long, Goku ignores King Kai's advce and challenges Birusu in a battle. However, Goku is no match for Birusu's overwhelming power and is defeated. Birusu leaves after uttering an ominous message, “Is there anyone on Earth more worthy to destroy?” Will Goku and the others really be able to stop the God of Destruction?!

The site also notes that Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga has sold over 230 million copies worldwide. The next batch of advance tickets for the film will go on sale on December 15 with two different sets of three Dragon Ball-shaped pens.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is set between the 517th and 518th installments of Akira Toriyama's original manga. Specifically, it is set during the "lost decade" of story time after the end of the battle with Majin Buu. Kuririn, Piccolo, Vegeta, Gohan, and other familar characters will appear in the film with an all-star cast. The film is not a spinoff, but a story in the official history of Dragon Ball.

Akira Toriyama has been deeply involved in the film's story and designs from the early screenwriting stages. Masahiro Hosoda (Dragon Ball Z episode director, Nangoku Shounen Papuwa-kun) is directing at Toei off a script by Yūsuke Watanabe (live-action 20th Century Boys trilogy, Gantz, Bloody Monday, Future Diary).

The film will open in Japan on March 30.

SOURCE: 2013's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Film Story Outlined - Interest - Anime News Network

Last edited:
man... wth is this Jormungand plan?! quantum physics, engineering, super computers, a master toy maker...
and i KNOW it has something to do with Kaspers 125 satellites
but that still doesn't account that 126th satellite...
next ep :x Seal Team 9 vs. Koko's group
hate to say it but i'll be pissed if ST9 dies with out killing someone
at least one person has to die...

Last edited:

Toei Animation's website for next March's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Dragon Ball Z: Kami to Kami) film was updated on Monday with a story introduction:

The story is set several years after the battle with Majin Buu. Birusu, the god of destruction who has maintained the balance of the universe, has awakened from a long slumber. Hearing rumors of a Saiyan (Saiya-jin) who defeated Freeza, Birusu comes looking for Goku.

Excited that a powerful oponent has appeared after so long, Goku ignores King Kai's advce and challenges Birusu in a battle. However, Goku is no match for Birusu's overwhelming power and is defeated. Birusu leaves after uttering an ominous message, “Is there anyone on Earth more worthy to destroy?” Will Goku and the others really be able to stop the God of Destruction?!

The site also notes that Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga has sold over 230 million copies worldwide. The next batch of advance tickets for the film will go on sale on December 15 with two different sets of three Dragon Ball-shaped pens.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is set between the 517th and 518th installments of Akira Toriyama's original manga. Specifically, it is set during the "lost decade" of story time after the end of the battle with Majin Buu. Kuririn, Piccolo, Vegeta, Gohan, and other familar characters will appear in the film with an all-star cast. The film is not a spinoff, but a story in the official history of Dragon Ball.

Akira Toriyama has been deeply involved in the film's story and designs from the early screenwriting stages. Masahiro Hosoda (Dragon Ball Z episode director, Nangoku Shounen Papuwa-kun) is directing at Toei off a script by Yūsuke Watanabe (live-action 20th Century Boys trilogy, Gantz, Bloody Monday, Future Diary).

The film will open in Japan on March 30.

SOURCE: 2013's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Film Story Outlined - Interest - Anime News Network

Last edited:
DBZ movie sounds great, but I have one question...

If this Birusu character was dead all of this time, how would he just wake up out of his slumber?

What about the afterlife that all DB characters go to or what they call "other world"?

I thought when you died you went to go chill with King Kai and Yemma and the rest of em?

would he have not needed the dragonballs to awaken? OR maybe is that part of it?

I heard emperor Pilaf was going to be in this joint too, maybe he wished him back to life?

And If Birusu is so strong (according to the article, he must be stronger than Buu), why is he so excited about someone who beat Freeza? :lol:

Now that I think about it, why was Freeza hailed the most powerful being in the universe when you had fools like Bojack floating around? Surely Freeza and Bojack have crossed paths?

Last edited:
DBZ movie sounds great, but I have one question...

If this Birusu character was dead all of this time, how would he just wake up out of his slumber?

What about the afterlife that all DB characters go to or what they call "other world"?

I thought when you died you went to go chill with King Kai and Yemma and the rest of em?

would he have not needed the dragonballs to awaken? OR maybe is that part of it?

I heard emperor Pilaf was going to be in this joint too, maybe he wished him back to life?

And If Birusu is so strong (according to the article, he must be stronger than Buu), why is he so excited about someone who beat Freeza? :lol:

Now that I think about it, why was Freeza hailed the most powerful being in the universe when you had fools like Bojack floating around? Surely Freeza and Bojack have crossed paths?

Emperor Pilaf was that dude!

I still think Freeza was the best foil Goku ever had. He may not be the strongest foe, but IMO he's the best one.

man... wth is this Jormungand plan?! quantum physics, engineering, super computers, a master toy maker...
and i KNOW it has something to do with Kaspers 125 satellites
but that still doesn't account that 126th satellite...
next ep :x Seal Team 9 vs. Koko's group
hate to say it but i'll be pissed if ST9 dies with out killing someone
at least one person has to die...
After watching the episode carefully, I think I know what her plan might be.
as the dudes were saying in that meeting room, Koko plans to build a quantum computer using those engineering firms that she picked up, the physicists she kidnapped, and Miami's toy factory as a front (don't forget she's a master engineer, and not just a toy maker). Since a quantum computer can out perform any piece of technology out today, she's probably gonna use it to hack any database she wants in the world, which includes military, government, private company, etc...she can also use that computer to hack an A.I. controlled device out there I believe, things like UAV's, Missiles, etc... She probably launched that last satellite in order to gain a foothold in the Heck-GG system. since that system is gonna be used to track shipping all over the globe, she can possibly use that system to hack anything in the world at any time. That means that she can go into government/military servers to see if that have any secret operations going on or what have you, then she can move weapons and hardware around as she sees fit using the Heck-GG system. She'll also be able to control weapons that are already on the field and use them in any way, i.e. launching missiles whenever she wants, disable anything electronic, make things malfunction, and so on. She plans to be the only arms dealer in the world and hold the world in her grip, much like the Jormungand of norse legend held the world in his grip and ruled it's fate in a sense.

While on the topic of Jormungand, it says in the legend that when the final battle (ragnarok) comes, jormungand will poison the sky. Now, you can interpret koko launching the 126th satellite as her poisoning the sky (taking control of heck-gg and the rest of the global satellite system for her own means using the quantum computer). That means that the final battle might be coming soon in the anime. :nerd:

Now, I can be completely wrong on all of that, in which case I really need to stop thinking too much on all of this. :lol:

Niketalk recommend me some good animes to watch.

I have watched Bleach, Naruto and Shippuden, DBZ and SAO.

Getting into Reborn! now but trying to get into some other good ones. Thanks.

On top of my head, some of the best I've personally watched would be:

• Rurouni Kenshin
  • Macross
  • Gundam/ Gundam Wing
  • YuYu Hakusho
  • Slam Dunk
  • GTO
  • Initial D
  • Ninku
  • Shadow Skill
  • Golden Boy
  • Evangelion
  • Devilman
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo
  • Detective Conan
  • Gensomaden Saiyuki
  • Vampire Hunder D
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Last edited:
^ solid list

to add.
ghost in the shell (movie 1 and 2, never saw 3) and the Stand Alone Complex tv series.
samurai champloo
one piece
love hina (its a funny *** show but i watched this one on the low)

evangelion is no joke, that story line is complex as ****. amazing show tho. own the whole set.

On top of my head, some of the best I've personally watched would be:
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Macross
  • Gundam/ Gundam Wing
  • YuYu Hakusho
  • Slam Dunk
  • GTO
  • Initial D
  • Ninku
  • Shadow Skill
  • Golden Boy
  • Evangelion
  • Devilman
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo
  • Detective Conan
  • Gensomaden Saiyuki
  • Vampire Hunder D
  • Fist of the North Star

^ solid list
to add.
ghost in the shell (movie 1 and 2, never saw 3) and the Stand Alone Complex tv series.
samurai champloo
one piece
evangelion is no joke, that story line is complex as ****. amazing show tho. own the whole set.

Thanks for the recommendation I forgot that I had purchased Evangelion on Blu-Ray it was pretty good and complicated at least the first disk. I been meaning to purchase the second one that was released.

Code Geass, Darker than black, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, Gundam Wing

^ solid list

to add.
samurai champloo
one piece

GITS, how can I forget about it. Co-sign on Champloo as well, awesome series. And I edited my list as I somehow forgot about one of my favorites of all time... FMA.

Code Geass, Darker than black, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, Gundam Wing

Darker than Black was great as well! I did complete the 1st season, just not sure if there was already a 2nd one.

Back
Top Bottom