The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I wanna see Urahara put in work. I truly think him> Aizen. Also, Luffy and Law put in work.  In terms of ranking on OP in power....Kizaru>Law/DOFLA>>>? It irks me to put Kizaru up there, but to move at the speed of light and have haki+experience is something on another level....outside of the storyline, wouldn't that technically make him the strongest?  Similar to how Iceman is an omega level, but we've never seen him use his powers to the max.  
+1 for the iceman reference.

the gohan of the marvel universe.

Problem with Kizaru is he probably just isn't that strong... his DF seems to be what got him to the level he's at, but he doesnt seem like he trained as hard as lets say Luffy or Shanks..

your DF power is only as powerful as youa re..
I mean by that Iceman logic (great reference +2)
all Logia users can be unstoppable.

Its not like Flash or quick silver have ever been dominant fighters just because of speed.

With the devastation of the island, its hard not to say Aokiji and Akainu aren't top 3 right now.
but is as Law said. seems like the big wigs were comfortable. the marines were stationary and trying to build up
while the Kids of the new world have been training and trying to get stronger.

Just when I thought that Robotics;Notes was skipping over important stuff from previous episodes, low and behold the new episode throws another/several curveball(s) to keep me interested. :lol:
Seriously though, were those Yakuza in the end? :nerd:

Just watched it. :O The MIB showing up a the club!

I really want to get into One Piece...but what's the best way to go about doing this? Should I watch the Anime until it stops??

^ Start with the anime until the end of the Arlong arc (ep 53), then from Loguetown on (chapter 96), stick with the manga.

Last edited:
^ Start with the anime until the end of the Arlong arc (ep 53), then from Loguetown on (chapter 96), stick with the manga.

this is EXACTLY how I got in to OP. started watching from beginning to ARlong.. then after Arlong it was all Manga which I had caught up (this was maybe 2 years ago) in about 2 weeks..
each arc is addicting, even Thriller Bark (which I personally loved)

Problem with Kizaru is he probably just isn't that strong... his DF seems to be what got him to the level he's at, but he doesnt seem like he trained as hard as lets say Luffy or Shanks..
I mean by that Iceman logic (great reference +2)
all Logia users can be unstoppable.
Its not like Flash or quick silver have ever been dominant fighters just because of speed.
With the devastation of the island, its hard not to say Aokiji and Akainu aren't top 3 right now.
but is as Law said. seems like the big wigs were comfortable. the marines were stationary and trying to build up
while the Kids of the new world have been training and trying to get stronger.
I mean Enels DF turned him into a god.  Luffy just happened to nullify it due to him being a rubberman.  I get what you're saying about flash and speed, but there's a different skill set between the two.  Kizaru doesn't even run, he practically teleports.  He can create objects made from the light.  It's so many ways he can beat you in the blink of an eye, and I don't know if it was stated, but I assume he has haki due to his position.  That too who knows how strong Aokiji truly is? Akainu...not so much.  We all saw him get handled by a half dead WB.  I'm just saying in terms of powers, exp, and prestige Kizaru has to be high.  Granted Raleigh put up a fight with him in old age, but off of DF fruits alone his has to rank up there at least in the top 5.

This dude Naruto 'bout to create the Spirit Bomb...:lol:.

And while we're on the subject of DBZ references, yet again we have another blatant dbz rip-off, imo, in Bleach.

Ichigo heading up to the Spirit Palace to effectively become stronger = Goku heading to King Kai's place to train and become stronger. Even the environments shared some similarity. :smh:

That too who knows how strong Aokiji truly is? Akainu...not so much.  We all saw him get handled by a half dead WB.  I'm just saying in terms of powers, exp, and prestige Kizaru has to be high.  Granted Raleigh put up a fight with him in old age, but off of DF fruits alone his has to rank up there at least in the top 5.

Wait so Akainu is not stronger than Kizaru to you?

:rofl: :rofl:

I mean Enels DF turned him into a god.  Luffy just happened to nullify it due to him being a rubberman.  I get what you're saying about flash and speed, but there's a different skill set between the two.  Kizaru doesn't even run, he practically teleports.  He can create objects made from the light.  It's so many ways he can beat you in the blink of an eye, and I don't know if it was stated, but I assume he has haki due to his position.  That too who knows how strong Aokiji truly is? Akainu...not so much.  We all saw him get handled by a half dead WB.  I'm just saying in terms of powers, exp, and prestige Kizaru has to be high.  Granted Raleigh put up a fight with him in old age, but off of DF fruits alone his has to rank up there at least in the top 5.

With that being said though Enel will still have to be on the top of that list... unless Kizarus light speed is suppose to be like Akainus Magma over Ace's fire...
(well that and Enel seemed lazy and probably had no haki at all or very little)

don't get me wrong though I'm not debating you Kizaru is up there. .... WB even at that age is still OD strong. was still pretty much King o the pirates as ar as fleets and strength. we also don't know the extent of WBs power .. we just knew he had the power to destroy all of Marnieford (sp?)... as far as we understand he's like Avalance from Marvel but a little more destructive.

\we also still know nothing about Gol D roger. just he was a lunatic pretty much.. we dont even know if he was a DF user.

Almost 700 chaps of OP and I feel like it can go on forever.. so many things we still dont know
Gol D Roger adventures.
Dragon...
Shanks.
big mama
(the other emperor)
Garps past.
just too much.

And while we're on the subject of DBZ references, yet again we have another blatant dbz rip-off, imo, in Bleach.
Ichigo heading up to the Spirit Palace to effectively become stronger = Goku heading to King Kai's place to train and become stronger. Even the environments shared some similarity. :smh:

I dont really see it as much as a ripoff as being influenced by something. DBZ wasnt the originator of anything really. Its just more well known. But some things just work well in the shonen genre. If you are dealing with an action manga etc. its commonplace for the hero to go off to somewhere mystical and train. Yusuke with Genkai, naruto with the toads, Ichigo with his various different places ( urahara, vizards etc)

Wait so Akainu is not stronger than Kizaru to you?

Nah. I actually have kizaru oVer akainu. Just the destructive power or something moving at the speed of light. It's crazy because its so much unknown about haki at the moment. I understand strength is important but my debate is about df users and how they use their abilities/along with the power of the df. Like whitebeard is cool and all, but a quake quake fruit?!?! Wth is that?!!

Last edited:
i'm curious as to what the Jormungand plan really is...
I am too. That russian arms dealer lady knew what Koko's plan was but didn't want to say it out loud. Seeing all of her former rivals want to hop on board with her as well as all of those military leaders watching in the shadows has me wanting to see more episodes now. :lol:
Maybe all of the events that are coming will turn her into the "dragon" that the lady in the AC-130 said she was going to turn into. Who knows. :smokin

Side note: one of my favorite scenes of that episode was:

Dr. Miami: So Jonah, I see you met Karen already.
Karen: Uh, yeah. Jonah and I have a bit of history.
Jonah: I shot her.
Me: :rofl:

So Robotics;Notes...
goes from MIB Yakuza spacemen to Illuminati conspiracies. I'm so lost but i love this show. :lol:
on a more serious note, based on what i've seen i think its gonna be either stop the solar flares from destroying the world, but let the committee go on with its world domination plan, or stop the committee but let the world get destroyed. maybe we might see the Steins;Gate tie in soon...:nerd:

Anybody else see this?

Bardock turning super saiyan and is against Freeza's great grand father.

Last edited:
Damn, Fairy Tail
They just power through everyone now?

I'ma tad disappointed in that myself...
how dare they come out like the Ginyuu then that happen.

although each chap i'm more and more of a Mira fan.

I actually like the pacing of Fairy Tail compared to the other mangas

Conflicts are resolved in just a couple of chapters instead of being stretched out as much as possible like in other series(*cough*Bleach*cough*).

oh snap Btooom is getting good again..
Red King is maaaaaadddd in K

:wow: Psycho-Pass... bish got what she deserved :nthat:

Last edited:
So Robotics;Notes...
goes from MIB Yakuza spacemen to Illuminati conspiracies. I'm so lost but i love this show. :lol:
on a more serious note, based on what i've seen i think its gonna be either stop the solar flares from destroying the world, but let the committee go on with its world domination plan, or stop the committee but let the world get destroyed. maybe we might see the Steins;Gate tie in soon...:nerd:
You think it's going to tie in that directly with Steins;Gate? I thought the little world line easter egg on the first episode was all the Steins;Gate reference we'd be getting. I think you're onto something with the whole big decision problem though.

Back
Top Bottom