THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I notice the collar padding on the ankle area on Anniversary pairs are much thicker compared to all AM1 released this year. Perhaps that's why they fit more snug.
I wore my restock pairs for the firs time yesterday and I noticed they definitely have more ankle padding. Someone here mentioned that before and it's definitely true.

my buddy sent me this pic he found on instagram. thought these ID’s were super clean

Attachments

• E082DD22-FE8B-4F65-AFCD-50A2E0105D2F.jpeg
    E082DD22-FE8B-4F65-AFCD-50A2E0105D2F.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 80
How likely do you guys think it is that Nike re-re-releases the Anniversary Reds/Blues for the holidays? Or is that too near the September (Red) and October (Blue) re-release dates? My understanding is that the Obsidian isn't coming back until the 30th Anniversary, so maybe not as late as 03/26/18, but not until some point early next year. Basically, do you think Nike has anything up its sleeve for AM1 fans this holiday season?

How likely do you guys think it is that Nike re-re-releases the Anniversary Reds/Blues for the holidays? Or is that too near the September (Red) and October (Blue) re-release dates? My understanding is that the Obsidian isn't coming back until the 30th Anniversary, so maybe not as late as 03/26/18, but not until some point early next year. Basically, do you think Nike has anything up its sleeve for AM1 fans this holiday season?

Come on man. Obsidians will likely be released this year. And every time you see a link posted in here for reds/blues, THAT is your holiday "re-re release" that your speaking of. Kind of a reach to think they're going to release reds/blues again on a mass scale for the "holidays" seeing that we're already currently in the holiday season. Come on man. Where you been?

2017 is the 30th Anniversary. The other 3 og's have released this year in Anniversary boxes so I'll be anything the Obsidian does as well.

There's no way in hell people are expecting re-re-releases on the anniversary pairs. Like, links are posted, if not everyday, every other day. Jesus Christ :lol:

I own both the Reds and Royals. I was starting a discussion on what, if anything, Nike has planned for November/December in terms of AM1. And I agree with kickvicisous -- if you were a larger size and relied on this thread for links for the Royals, getting them was no guarantee.

Two years ago, Nike was calling for $20B of North American revenue and $50B of global revenue by May 2020. They aren't going to hit that (consensus is something like $40B global now). In the most recent quarter, both North American and global footwear revenue saw continued strength in Sportswear but weakness in Jordan Brand. In footwear, Nike is benefiting from stronger unit sales but hurting from lower average selling prices given the discounting in the industry. So, I wonder how much they'll want to take advantage of these early colorway AM1s given that people are happily paying full retail for them. At the same time, they have to avoid diluting AM1 hype if they want to milk it for all it's worth. After all, they've invested a decent amount into the model, both in re-design and marketing. So it seems they're balancing it by retro-ing early colorways in relatively limited batches. Demand for Reds/Royals was strong, but I'd be surprised if the same demand exists for the Aquas. Obsidians will probably be in high-demand. But then what? What do you guys think?

So it seems they're balancing it by retro-ing early colorways in relatively limited batches. Demand for Reds/Royals was strong, but I'd be surprised if the same demand exists for the Aquas. Obsidians will probably be in high-demand. But then what? What do you guys think?

There's is absolutely no reason for Nike to make a boneheaded decision like re-release a re-release of a re-release.
People who missed on OGs, pay the meager resell or wait another 5-10 years.

There's still alot to happen...and ALOT of cws have dropped.

DSM collab (3 colourways)
Atmos Animal Supreme Retro
2 new Atmos collab colourways
AM1/97 hybrid
Plus what I imagine is another dozen GR and premium releases up to Q2 2018

Just follow this thread to keep your ear to the ground.

OGs Re re release (RESTOCK) may happen on some shop, not a priority on nike dot com ! They are sold out now on to the next

There's is absolutely no reason for Nike to make a boneheaded decision like re-release a re-release of a re-release.
People who missed on OGs, pay the meager resell or wait another 5-10 years.

There's still alot to happen...and ALOT of cws have dropped.

DSM collab (3 colourways)
Atmos Animal Supreme Retro
2 new Atmos collab colourways
AM1/97 hybrid
Plus what I imagine is another dozen GR and premium releases up to Q2 2018

Just follow this thread to keep your ear to the ground.

I can understand people holding out hope for retail if this is the alternative
air-max-1-anniversary-white-game-royal-neutral-grey-908375-102

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    586.3 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom