The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm actually glad we obtained photos (samples) of them so early from the release date.
Thats the only thing you will obtain regarding these shoes...unless u beg n cry for someone to lob u a pair again 
eyes.gif

So in here, we're not worried because it may just be a sample 3 months out but accept spacejam samples 5 months out?

The final product might look exactly like this. I'm okay with it. I love my 2009 shadows despite the lack of the og flat leather

Not a sample, breds production just wrapped up.

Shoes are made months in advance and these drop in less than 3 months.

Nah it's not darker

Looks to match up with the 2013 color

Was hoping for a brighter red this time around

This is my thought on these, some people wanted a re-release of the banned version Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s. Others want the original Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s. So to please both parties they made these. It looks like the original Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s but with the "Premium" leather of the banned version. Instead of the tacky X on the back that signifies the banned version they but the correct date (the original banned version had the wrong date) with an X at the end of it.
As far as i know everyone wanted og look with banned quality minus the dumb theme. No one wanted a redo of the same banned concept. What community have you been following? It doesnt look like the merging of both to me. It looks more like the recent trend that started with the frags and followed through to the sbb. Random tumbled look.

Last edited:
Can I ask everybody who's pointing out stuff like color?

Knowing how JB works, did y'all really expect them release banneds or breds without minor changes like a different hue of red.

So in here, we're not worried because it may just be a sample 3 months out but accept spacejam samples 5 months out?

The final product might look exactly like this. I'm okay with it. I love my 2009 shadows despite the lack of the og flat leather
That's what I was saying earlier, for the release being only 3 months away there seemed to be an oddly low number of leaks. 

I don't like 11s but you are saying there is already space jam leaks 5 months out? 

Can I ask everybody who's pointing out stuff like color?

Knowing how JB works, did y'all really expect them release banneds or breds without minor changes like a different hue of red.

The red is same as 2013 which is a nice red

2001 are just a bright red which look nice. I have no issue with 2013 red.

Some pictures they look darker red but starting to look normal now

Can't we all just be happy that they are coming out again? I took major L's the last time they came out in 2013. I'm just happy I have another chance at them.

This is exactly me. Tumbled or not, just give me a legit pair of Bred 1's so I can stop pretending in my Bred 1.5's

I would have the 1.5s sole swapped to a 1 sole. Plenty of donors out there from the OG 1 low releases.

but they dont fit exactly the same because of how high up the 1.5 sole goes on the upper

Check out illery on Instagram. He has successfully swapped the 1.5s. They came out great. Only issue is the cost if you are willing to pay it. The price of the 1.5s, the price of the donor shoe, shipping both to him, then the price of the swap. It may be worth it to you, or you may say its better to find a pair of 2013s.

Nonetheless, I think the 2016s look great. That's coming from someone who owns the 94s and 2001s.

This is my thought on these, some people wanted a re-release of the banned version Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s. Others want the original Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s. So to please both parties they made these. It looks like the original Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s but with the "Premium" leather of the banned version. Instead of the tacky X on the back that signifies the banned version they but the correct date (the original banned version had the wrong date) with an X at the end of it.

So you basically stole what @babyJs23 wrote 2 days ago in another thread, you know the one you're banned from, and tried to reword it to make it sound original? :nerd:

IMO, these are a remastered version of the 2011 banneds, just with an OG shape, no X's on the inner heel liners and back of the heels, but still keeping that tumbled leather (sort of similar to the 2011 banneds), and with the correct date of 10-18-84 instead of the 10-18-85 that caused the 2011's to be b-graded.

IMO, I think with the X being after the date on the inner heel people should realize that these are the remastered "banneds" with the correct date of 10-18-84, since the first round was b-graded because of the wrong date of 10-18-85, but with no X's on the heel liners and heels and with a OG shape :nerd:

C'mon b, the jig been up on you :smh:

Check out illery on Instagram. He has successfully swapped the 1.5s. They came out great. Only issue is the cost if you are willing to pay it. The price of the 1.5s, the price of the donor shoe, shipping both to him, then the price of the swap. It may be worth it to you, or you may say its better to find a pair of 2013s.

Nonetheless, I think the 2016s look great. That's coming from someone who owns the 94s and 2001s.
Thanks for the tip on illery. Checked out the swap on IG and yeah it's pretty legit. Been searching for an example of a bred 1.5 swap for a while too. This may be a backup plan if September is an L for me. Although still might end up cheaper paying resell vs. the swap. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom