The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the mold makes that big of a difference. Tumble doesn't mean quality but if they put the leather of any of the OG highs from the new crop of ones it'll be a major improvement

Yes the mold makes that big of a difference. Tumble doesn't mean quality but if they put the leather of any of the OG highs from the new crop of ones it'll be a major improvement
Yup thats all they had to do. Keep doing what they were doing. Sign up me up for 4 pears then. I got two Chi 1s. I still auto-kop whenever a pair pops up in my size in a decent price.

Last edited:
While I like my Chicago 1's, I don't think the leather on them is that crazy. I prefer the SBB leather to them tbh, but that's just my opinion.

Passing was a bad decision. Could have kept them for the resale. Actually TBH hard to believe anybody passed on them if you had a chance at retail. They are garbage how? I remember people singing praises about them compared to DMPs :wink:  Sure, we know Nike can do better. Tumbled leather doesn't mean sh*t in terms of superior quality. A certain 3 comes to mind. The quality on these could be comparable or worse compared to '13s. Look wise '13s have them beat so far in my eyes. You think the mold is that much better? 

Yeah, passing was a bad decision. I agree. Especially since I couldn't grab the Chicago's and I could've traded or sold the Bred's. I just didn't like the quality, especially since I have two pairs of Banned's. I had a chance to check them out before they released. The materials aren't that great, but yes, better than the ones in the pack. Those were worse. And yes, the mold is much better on the new 1's coming out.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the way they look? Sure the tumbled leather is too much but It is what it is

Most in here prob don't have any Breds so they will take what they can get without having to pay insane resell prices

This is exactly me. Tumbled or not, just give me a legit pair of Bred 1's so I can stop pretending in my Bred 1.5's

I don't complain often about shoes, but I can understand why other people do. At the end of the day, Why is it so hard for nike to simply but out what they made before exactly how they originally did it; especially if they're charging you like the new shoe is what it's simply not? It's not rocket science Nike/JB. Give people what they want. Then again, people will probably still have something to complain about even so. 
laugh.gif

I will be glad to secure one pair for retail. I can understand the dislike for the tumbled check but overall I'm glad it doesn't have that tacky X and that they look like (despite the tumbled aspect) the other original colorway 1s.

I don't complain often about shoes, but I can understand why other people do. At the end of the day, Why is it so hard for nike to simply but out what they made before exactly how they originally did it; especially if they're charging you like the new shoe is what it's simply not? It's not rocket science Nike/JB. Give people what they want. Then again, people will probably still have something to complain about even so. 
laugh.gif
I agree for the most part. Its only made worse when Nike puts out a press release to bring the shoes back to the OGs and then give us much improved pairs one after the other and then take a different approach on one of the most loved shoes. I am just disappointed. I know people always find something to complain about, but I don't remember people pointing out any obvious flaws on Chi 1s...why? Because they did them right. Perfect? Probably not. But the differences were minute. That is all they had to do on these. 

I agree for the most part. Its only made worse when Nike puts out a press release to bring the shoes back to the OGs and then give us much improved pairs one after the other and then take a different approach on one of the most loved shoes. I am just disappointed. I know people always find something to complain about, but I don't remember people pointing out any obvious flaws on Chi 1s...why? Because they did them right. Perfect? Probably not. But the differences were minute. That is all they had to do on these. 
This is my thought on these, some people wanted a re-release of the banned version Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s. Others want the original Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s. So to please both parties they made these. It looks like the original Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s but with the "Premium" leather of the banned version. Instead of the tacky X on the back that signifies the banned version they but the correct date (the original banned version had the wrong date) with an X at the end of it.

But this leather looks nothing like the Banneds...i would take that in a heartbeat. 
The reason why is because they used the Black, Starfish, and Sail (Shattered Backboard) 1s leather as the template (given the praise it received).

The reason why is because they used the Black, Starfish, and Sail (Shattered Backboard) 1s leather as the template (given the praise it received).
JB is free to mess around with retro+ models. Leave the OGs alone. The old expression. Don't just do something, sit there. I would take the SBB, Banned leather on these any day over this mess for sure. 

Last edited:
All they had to do is make these with SBB type leather. I guarantee no one would complain for the most part
They did though, only they have the tumbled look to them
The black leather on the Banned's looks like better quality than what they used on the '16 version.
They used the Black, Starfish, and Sail (Shattered Backboard) leather as a template, they added the tumbled look to these.

I honestly don't mind the tumbled leather that this new release has. The leather on the breds that I currently have (strap 1s and Bulls/ Celtic pack) feel like cardboard and anything outside of that is an upgrade.

They did though, only they have the tumbled look to them

They used the Black, Starfish, and Sail (Shattered Backboard) leather as a template, they added the tumbled look to these.
Nah bro. The toe boxes look nothing alike. The toe box on these look closer to the fakes of SBB. 

Last edited:
SBBs are tumbled though, at least the heels on mine are

This leather doesn't really resemble that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom