The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for mass production. I'm gonna need it since pre orders and resell are off limits for me. (tune may change after I strike out, never before :smile: if I don't cop em ill live)

Last edited:
nerd.gif
That carpet looks real familiar
https://www.instagram.com/ajsole_com/?hl=en

babyjs23 babyjs23

These have dropped seven times and couldnt grab a single one due to crazy prices or striking out for retail.

Not gonna buy any shoes till September. These also fall on my bday so hope good luck pays off.

I hope you who don't like these pass on them. I'll gladly buy 2 pairs and beat my 2013s into the ground

I'll be doing the exact opposite.

more like, people who have 2013's and thought about selling are changing their mind

Yup taking mine off the market. The '16s will be had as beaters.

Everyone might b**** and moan about every aspect, but they'll be doing the same too. I'm hoping to cop at least one for me and my son at retail.

We b**** and moan when a multi billion $ company plays games and wont give us a damn shoe the way they created in the first place. Nobody asked for potholed leather. Banned 1 leather i would be fine. This is lifted straight off the white and red 12s. Whatever the fk they are called. JB promised remaster to the classics and better quality leather. So far they were doing an excellent job with chi 1s, unc, cm. Now this f*ckery (if true)...No doubling up or excitement for this release at the moment. Hopefully they change when official pics come out. If not maybe kop a pair to trade for '13s or as beaters.

Last edited:
Stupid question. I'm gonna be in Amsterdam on the 3rd. Wondering how popular jordans are in the Netherlands so I can go pick up a pair at Size or Patta

I'm a longtime lurker.I have to say im very happy that i didn't sell neither one of my 2013 pairs.After the remastered Chicago,s.I thought JB was going to show major love with the remastered Black Red 1.Hopefully they'll atleast change that Nike check into a smoother look.Because that Tumbled leather on the check straight up kills the entire look of the shoe.I know many didn't get the Banneds,or 2013.So this is a good pick up for the people who don't have either.But if you have either one of them.You can sleep very good at night if you strike out on these.The quality on these will be better than the 2013 version no doubt.But that tumble leather look takes away from it looking like it should.JB is very smart as a company.They know how to keep there customers coming back.Thats all this is.They come correct on the majority of remastered 1,s.Then when it's time for the Black Red to be remastered.They give it a tumbled leather ugly look.Quality aside,these make 2013,s look superior.Ill try for a pair.But look wise,they dropped the ball if this is what we're getting.All i wanted was Black Red 1,s in Chicago style leather.I bet that's what everybody wanted.It is what it is.

I'm a longtime lurker.I have to say im very happy that i didn't sell neither one of my 2013 pairs.After the remastered Chicago,s.I thought JB was going to show major love with the remastered Black Red 1.Hopefully they'll atleast change that Nike check into a smoother look.Because that Tumbled leather on the check straight up kills the entire look of the shoe.I know many didn't get the Banneds,or 2013.So this is a good pick up for the people who don't have either.But if you have either one of them.You can sleep very good at night if you strike out on these.The quality on these will be better than the 2013 version no doubt.But that tumble leather look takes away from it looking like it should.JB is very smart as a company.They know how to keep there customers coming back.Thats all this is.They come correct on the majority of remastered 1,s.Then when it's time for the Black Red to be remastered.They give it a tumbled leather ugly look.Quality aside,these make 2013,s look superior.Ill try for a pair.But look wise,they dropped the ball if this is what we're getting.All i wanted was Black Red 1,s in Chicago style leather.I bet that's what everybody wanted.It is what it is.

I would hold out and wait to see pics from shoes that aren't reps before you decide what to do.

I would hold out and wait to see pics from shoes that aren't reps before you decide what to do.
QFT

I don't mind the variations on the same colorway. If you like a previous model, buy that model and pass on the current one. I'll reserve judgement for this one until I see the official pics

Yea,that's true.The tumble leather on the shoe is not the problem.Its the tumble leather on the check,that's a no no.It kills the look of the shoe in my opinion.Hopefully it's not released looking like that.If they do release this version with that crumpled up looking Nike check.Then there very smart business wise.It keeps consumers interested in the older versions no matter what.

Going to try and get them i hope the new footlocker,champs etc app will be out when these are ready to drop.

What's wrong with the way they look? Sure the tumbled leather is too much but It is what it is

Most in here prob don't have any Breds so they will take what they can get without having to pay insane resell prices

Can't believe these came out almost 3 years ago. These were definitely hard to get in 2013. Got lucky getting them through Shelflife. Might have to start wearing them more often since I only wore them twice.

You know that'll never happen. They'll warm up to it in the next two months and it'll become the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I for one won't change my mind if they don't change the look. Mark my words.
Nitpicking at its finest. Smooth or tumbled, I'm trying to secure 4.
Lets just hope they look like the pic Dino Hatfield's twitter page had. At end of the day your money spend it, waste it or light it up nobody cares. But nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws and disappointment with the look. Going to buy these maybe as a trade bait for the '13s. 

Last edited:
I for one won't change my mind if they don't change the look. Mark my words.

Going to buy these maybe as a trade bait for the '13s. 

You can have those '13's. They are garbage. I had a chance to get them and I passed with no regrets. I will take 2 pairs of these '16's with the better mold and be very content. 8)

You can have those '13's. They are garbage. I had a chance to get them and I passed with no regrets. I will take 2 pairs of these '16's with the better mold and be very content.
glasses.gif
Passing was a bad decision. Could have kept them for the resale. Actually TBH hard to believe anybody passed on them if you had a chance at retail. They are garbage how? I remember people singing praises about them compared to DMPs
wink.gif
 Sure, we know Nike can do better. Tumbled leather doesn't mean sh*t in terms of superior quality. A certain 3 comes to mind. The quality on these could be comparable or worse compared to '13s. Look wise '13s have them beat so far in my eyes. You think the mold is that much better? 
Even with the difference in leather these are still better than the 2013s. Let's not get that twisted. They're just falling short of the giant expectations most of us had

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom