The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming these are the final product you can't judge leather quality that no one has seen in person yet, pics are of course an indicator but need to relax on all the judgment it's all speculation right now

I said that :lol: these are a different tumble leather in the toe box. Looks to be nicer than SBB

^ I agree that was a zinger!

Just one pair would be nice...I don't want to miss out on these and have to settle with my Bred 1.5s lol

I guess we all want something different. Banneds are cool, I would take a 94 clone tho in a heartbeat over those tho. Thats what I thought they were gonna do given the way they been releasing the previous 1s. (Box, unlaced, think tongue...) Hard to judge what these exactly will be like since none of us have them in hand

and since I read this in every single forum here on NT iim getting to the point where i believe it too:

"ANY PAIRS THAT DONT COME DIRECTLY FROM NIKE WILL BE TREATED AS UA" or fugazi.

tongue.gif

Had the OG banneds...sold them last year. Only wore them twice but easily one of JB's finer quality "retros" at the time of release. I remember driving from SD to LA at the crack of dawn only to strike out at Ontario Mills...maaaan I was sick because this was the one shoe I had really wanted since news broke about it releasing. Fortunately, I had ended up finding a NTer selling for like $275 DS :wow: at the time and jumped on it...

I say all that to say this:

I understand how much "blood/ sweat" went into attaining a pair a few years ago for some of you, but damn, salute JB for finally releasing this shoe the way it was SUPPOSED to be released. Available to everyone. Not just those who were fortunate enough to be close to a participating outlet. I don't buy J's very much any more..I actually can't even remember the last pair of jordans I bought for myself? But what I do know is the last thing Im worried about is how closely the leather matches the original or how accurate the toe box holes replicate xyz...ish is petty. Just enjoy the shoe for what it is. If you want the OG BANNEDS then cough up the price of admission to own a pair. Otherwise, let it go and move on to the next

"ANY PAIRS THAT DONT COME DIRECTLY FROM NIKE WILL BE TREATED AS UA" or fugazi.

tongue.gif
Ya I agree with you. The only thing giving me hope at the moment is the pic from Dino's page. That was what got me gassed up for this release. 
I understand how much "blood/ sweat" went into attaining a pair a few years ago for some of you, but damn, salute JB for finally releasing this shoe the way it was SUPPOSED to be released. Available to everyone. Not just those who were fortunate enough to be close to a participating outlet. I don't buy J's very much any more..I actually can't even remember the last pair of jordans I bought for myself? But what I do know is the last thing Im worried about is how closely the leather matches the original or how accurate the toe box holes replicate xyz...ish is petty. Just enjoy the shoe for what it is. If you want the OG BANNEDS then cough up the price of admission to own a pair. Otherwise, let it go and move on to the next
Fair...I would consider paying the admission price. But what if they fall apart after a couple of wears? We want JB to keep releasing the pairs every few years so we can renew our pairs that have been beaten. Even if JB released the 2013 unchanged...it would be armageddon again. Man I don't know why people keep saying JB doesn't release shoes right because if they did we wouldn't come back the next time. *******T. If JB released each release with quality materials, on point mould, details and as close to the OGs as possible. I would buy them every three years as would the rest of us. Wouldn't even need to double up. I only do that because you never know how JB might f**k us over in the future with a sh*tty iteration. There is an alternative to teasing and messing with customers. Let us buy and wear our shoes mayne. 

Last edited:
I definitely understand both sides of the debate. All in all I think being widely available for everyone will trump any minor detail variation from the previous versions

I still have a 2013 pair deadstocked. I'm going for 2 of the 2016's. I plan on getting rid of 1 of the 3 depending on which version I like better. I'll be lucky just to get one but hopefully it works out as planned.

Last edited:
Nice work bro. But you gotta admit how close you had to bring the Banned 1s to the camera to see the tumbled swoosh. The '16 pics its visible from a mile away and the color is definitely off. Even the SBB which people keep referencing kept the tumble texture in check except the white panels.

It's hard to tell exactly what the final red colour will be based off the different images. For example, this image is a lot brighter than a lot of the previous images. I wouldn't stress too much about the colour this far out from the release.

It's hard to tell exactly what the final red colour will be based off the different images. For example, this image is a lot brighter than a lot of the previous images. I wouldn't stress too much about the colour this far out from the release.

View media item 2059029

Anymore pictures from this set? Look different background compared to others

Was hyped when I heard rumors but know I really hope the pics circulating isn't the final.

Last edited:
^ Thanks I was just about the post chickenwop's photos from IG. They're definitely brighter than the other photos.

So in here, we're not worried because it may just be a sample 3 months out but accept spacejam samples 5 months out?

The final product might look exactly like this. I'm okay with it. I love my 2009 shadows despite the lack of the og flat leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom